Sign in to follow this  
ComSimPilot

It's getting tiring...(the flight sim vegans)

1 hour ago, Daedalus said:

Can I ask some people to please stop in every opportunity informing us that they won't buy any add-on until MSFS is released? You can find these people in:

1) MSFS preview topics
2) New P3D/XP product releases
3) Previews of upcoming P3D/XP products

They are the flight sim vegans. They won't lose an opportunity to let everyone know that they wont buy anything before MSFS is released.

To these people, can you please stop? It's getting too repetitive and not adding any value to the discussion. Everybody is free to do what he wants with his money.

Keep that information for you.

Thank you.

It's an opinion you don't share; thus, it shouldn't be stated?  

• Like 3

Matt King

28 minutes ago, Daedalus said:

Sure, but don't you think the "no buy until MSFS is released" has been over expressed ? Phrases like "I won't be buying anything for P3D/XP again" or "That's probably my last P3D/XP purchase" or "I'm sorry, too late, MSFS is coming". Come on, its getting tiring really..Does it add anything to the people reading about a new P3D/XP product? No, in my opinion.

And if you ask me, what they do is insulting to the rest. Would you go to a product exhibition and say to the attendees, "I won't buy anything like that because there is a new company coming next year in town". 

26 minutes ago, F737NG said:

It's tiresome as it doesn't add anything to, usually detracts from, the conversation.

To me, it is like a bunch of people saying what they had for breakfast. Factually correct, but nothing of relevant substance.

Ok but that is your opinion, in their opinion they are contributing by expressing their feelings... who is anyone to say its right or wrong. Why is your way the right way? I personally believe anyone can make a statement in their own perspective of what is contributing and what isn't. Also who is anyone to "police" other peoples opinions. And it might sound rude because i'm typing this, it would come across more friendly if it were face to face. I think we should all just chill and let everyone say what they need to say no matter how annoying it is to you... you might just be as annoying to them. Peace 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, F737NG said:

It's tiresome as it doesn't add anything to, usually detracts from, the conversation.

To me, it is like a bunch of people saying what they had for breakfast. Factually correct, but nothing of relevant substance.

And this thread/blabbering add relevance?  What I find irrelevant and distracting is post that seek to tell others what is, and is not, acceptable to post... 

Matt King

15 minutes ago, kingm56 said:

And this thread/blabbering add relevance?  What I find irrelevant and distracting is post that seek to tell others what is, and is not, acceptable to post... 

This forum is the only way to say your opinion to all members. Why is wrong to do that?  Like there are multiple threads and posts saying to all of us in short "I won't be buying anything until MSFS is released" there can also be a thread commenting on this trend. I am not the police, and I could be wrong, but let me say my opinion. The questions that you don't reply are these: Is this a trend? Do we see it a lot, nearly in every preview and new product? Does it add anything to say to a new product discussion "I won't buy because MSFS will be released" ? If this opinion adds anything for people discussing a P3D/XP product, let me know..

Edited by Daedalus

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

33 minutes ago, Ridvan Celik said:

Ok but that is your opinion, in their opinion they are contributing by expressing their feelings... who is anyone to say its right or wrong. Why is your way the right way? I personally believe anyone can make a statement in their own perspective of what is contributing and what isn't. Also who is anyone to "police" other peoples opinions. And it might sound rude because i'm typing this, it would come across more friendly if it were face to face. I think we should all just chill and let everyone say what they need to say no matter how annoying it is to you... you might just be as annoying to them. 

30 minutes ago, kingm56 said:

Of course it's only my opinion. I'm just stating mine in two posts in contrast to the flood on other threads.

I can avoid certain threads that don't interest me by reading the subject line. I can't do that without lots of scrolling past "no more purchases" posts on threads of new products.

Mods get to police the opinions, it's their perogative.

Where do you (/should you?) draw the line, when every new add-on thread for XP or P3D has multiple posts telling us that they're not interested because of MSFS?

Perhaps we should let people post MAGA on every MSFS thread? 'Make Add-ons Great Again'. Just as irrelevant to any MSFS thread. (IMO of course).

#BreakfastMeansBreakfast

Edited by F737NG
  • Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

39 minutes ago, NotASenator said:

I am 100% against the mistreatment of animals during the process of Flight Simulator development.

Does that include animals that scurry out onto rural runways, and end up being clipped through no-one's fault?

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

I've already bought my share of add-ons for FSX costing many hundreds of $$$ over the past 4 years: Already put a halt to that some time before the 2020 announcement.  So, of course I will wait for the arrival of 2020 with no new purchases.  But will I buy into to it right away?  Probably wait a few months as all the bug complaints pop-up in the two main FS Forums.  (Who wants to bet on No Bugs?)  

I'm one that has stated this probably a couple times but I certainly did not make a thread out of it.  It may have been relevant to the topic at hand.  I don't necessarily see what's wrong with saying it it as I see much worse being posted around the forums. Things like this happen all the time outside the flightsim world.  Some kind of new technology or business comes along and guess what? People no longer buy the old stuff or maybe hold off on throwing money into something that might not be relevant in the near future.  Maybe it's good as developers can hear what buying behaviors might be changing and can adapt their business plan going forward.  It doesn't do any good for developers to sit here on the forum (and there are a couple) decrying the new sim since their sales will be hurt in the short term.   Anyway....time to go get some of that healthy fake meat for lunch....🤢

Edited by Flic1

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

1 hour ago, NotASenator said:

I am 100% against the mistreatment of animals during the process of Flight Simulator development.

Asobo is from Bordeaux, you know. Foie gras, fattened poultries, lambs, oysters, caviar are their daily staples  that they wash with clarets and white Graves. Thats why they do such a good job. Honestly, how could you do anything wortwhile eating tofu burgers with chocolate soja milk shakes ?

Edited by domkle
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

1 hour ago, domkle said:

Honestly, how could you anything wortwhile eating tofu burgers with chocolate soja milk shakes ?

Looking at Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, Bill Clinton, James Cameron etc..I tend to assume that it is possible.

Edited by FDEdev

I will not buy any more addons for dead sims

Lukas Dalton