Sign in to follow this  
ErichB

Guess the Base Price

3 minutes ago, Wobbie said:

Everybody knows that Microsoft looks at Avsim forums, & your names/user names can be seen.

That's new to me. Where can I see the real name?

You not Microsoft...

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

So you are saying that Microsoft intentionally breaks data privacy?

That has been an ongoing discussion ever since Windows 10 was released!

Back to topic

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

It will be $99.99 with a $29.99 a month subsription because that's what everyone says is completely unavoidable and must happen as it's the only way to fund those really expensive Azure and bing data servers, so must be true obviously.

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, WestAir said:

None of you are taking into account the cost of the new PC you're going to build right before release. 😂

/EndJOKE

Not to mention the attorney fees and alimony! 😛

• Like 1

Carmine

MSI z370 sli plus, EVGA SUPERNOVA 1000 PS, i9 9900k running 4.7Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, EVGA RTX 2080TI XF ULTRA 11GB, LG 42.5in, TONS (100+ TB) of HD/SSD/RAID 0/RAID 5 boxes, Oculus Rift & Rift-S, All the Saitek controls/panels, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro

16 hours ago, ckyliu said:

MadeupRepentantHousefly-size_restricted.

This was my first thought and I was beaten to it!

David Porrett

It's going to be on Game Pass, so my guess would be $60 like a typical "triple-A" game.

And I'm fully anticipating a subscription of either $5 or $10 a month (probably $5) for access to the "live" Azure-powered version of the game, that will also include access to any future stuff Asobo make for the game, such as more aircraft.  Or more likely, they might fold access in as part of Game Pass, in the hopes that simmers will just sign up for that (Game Pass is awesome, BTW).

Otherwise, that's a lot of data and processing they are gonna be pushing across Azure over the next however many years, for nothing but your initial buy-in price.  And frankly, if you consider how much the average sim nut probably spends on third party add-ons in a year, $5 a month or something for the live servers and a decent stream of new "free" high quality plane models and stuff from the devs themselves, seems like a pretty decent deal to me, if you're really serious about a high quality, good looking sim (and if this sim delivers the goods).

• Like 1

There must be a subscription element. Azure computing isn’t free. There may be a non subscriber option but it won’t come with everything... unless the unpaid world is plastered with adverts. Once you introduce subscription the base price becomes irrelevant/nominal.

• Like 1

Varjo Aero, Zotac 3090, i9-12900K, 32GB Ram, RX Viper Rudder Pedals, AuthentiKit Controls + Fulcrum Yoke

atk-logo-354.jpg

If they  were smart they'd introduce the Hobbs meter to flightsim and bill us accordingly.    I can already see people raising disputes because the AI screwed up and kept them at the holding point for an hour

• Like 1

My bet $100 USD per year for the PC , their competition does something like that and we fork over the bucks without complaint , possibly with different licensing options.

I understand the XBOX version isn't going out at the same time .

Best CJ  

On 10/29/2019 at 3:17 PM, FDEdev said:

That's new to me. Where can I see the real name?

Or my non junk email address lol

You are using your real e-mail address in forums? Seriously?