Sign in to follow this  
Jonathan93102

Thinking of purchasing rudder pedals for V4

21 minutes ago, FDEdev said:

That's new to me. Didn't know that (all?) dictionaries are wrong.

I’m British so that might explain it. Got this off a google search...

Writers are often confused whether to use airplane or aeroplaneAirplane is the preferred spelling in American English, while aeroplane is the preferred spelling in British English.

Some words grate with me. That’s one of them. Others include aluminum (aluminium) but I’ll stop there as this is an American funded site. 😉

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Luv my rudders... could not sim without them!  😊

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

On 10/30/2019 at 4:35 PM, Ray Proudfoot said:

I’m British so that might explain it. Got this off a google search...

Writers are often confused whether to use airplane or aeroplaneAirplane is the preferred spelling in American English, while aeroplane is the preferred spelling in British English.

Some words grate with me. That’s one of them. Others include aluminum (aluminium) but I’ll stop there as this is an American funded site. 😉

How right you are Ray. 

It is often said that N.America and Britain are two nations separated by a common language.  However, since pure ENGLISH happens to be the primary language Internationally recognised for use in Aviation, including ATC communications, it can be argued that American spellings are not appropriate and only those appearing in the Oxford English Dictionary are acceptable. 

But before anybody to the West of the Big Pond gets mad and wants to put the BOOT in (or should that be TRUNK?) and argue against this hypothesis, I want them to understand these comments are made with 'tongue-in-cheek', so any response should be equally friendly and only add to Ray's COLOURFUL discussion (or should that be COLORFUL?).  Oh well, who cares, you all know what I mean!  LOL

Edited by berts
  • Like 1

@berts, nice to see you understood my tone was playful and not critical. I’m sure there are some Brit phrases that have crept into the American language. But to continue this would be unfair on the OP who wants to discuss pedals so I’ll stop there. 😉

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Don't consider the Logitech Pedals. Lot of RMA's and mine faulted after 3 months of use. Yesterday, they failed. TPR for me I think.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

My old thrustmaster pedals are done, having had hundreds of flight hours and no longer move smoothly.  Reading this thread convinced me to get the TPR’s, which I had been thinking about for some time.  They arrive today.   Best deal I found was on NewEgg / Dell, about $70 less than Amazon & others.  

Thanks for the recommendation guys. 

• Upvote 2

rgds, JB

Intel 11900K @ 5.0GHz, MSI Z590, 32GB G.Skill 3600Mhz, RTX 4080 MSI Ventus, GoFlight modules, HP Reverb G2 VR, FlyVirtual.net, Private Pilot SEL rating

I just finished setting up the new TPR's and (splurged) the new Alpha Honeycomb yoke.....WOW !!  What a difference new hardware makes.  Much more immersive.  Awesome.  

cheers, 

rgds, JB

Intel 11900K @ 5.0GHz, MSI Z590, 32GB G.Skill 3600Mhz, RTX 4080 MSI Ventus, GoFlight modules, HP Reverb G2 VR, FlyVirtual.net, Private Pilot SEL rating

54 minutes ago, joby33y said:

I just finished setting up the new TPR's and (splurged) the new Alpha Honeycomb yoke.....WOW !!  What a difference new hardware makes.  Much more immersive.  Awesome.  

cheers, 

You're going to LOVE the TPR's, my honeycombs are on the way, cant wait! 

• Like 1

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

If you don't want to spend 500-600 bucks I like my Saitek Combat Pro pedals (the basic saitek pedals are word not allowed).  I think I dropped about 150 USD on the combat pro's.

Otherwise there are these which look ok for the price: https://www.amazon.com/ThrustMaster-2960764-Thrustmaster-TFRP-Rudder/dp/B015PII6YI?ref_=fsclp_pl_dp_3

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |