Sign in to follow this  
Arthur42417

SSG's 747-8i V2 Releasing Tomorrow

Developer posted on the org that an issue with the sound system was discovered and they are working on a fix.  So, release has been delayed but hopefully not too long.

• Like 1

Chad Griffin

It looks interesting, how does it compare to the other available 747s on P3D , is it a good simulation?

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

5 hours ago, jon b said:

It looks interesting, how does it compare to the other available 747s on P3D , is it a good simulation?

Not as high fidelity as PMDG on P3D, but it's the most detailed 747 on X-Plane.

• Like 1

"No matter how eloquent you are or how solidly and firm you've built your case, you will never win in an argument with an idiot, for he is too stupid to recognize his own defeat." ~Anonymous.

11 hours ago, Griff said:

Developer posted on the org that an issue with the sound system was discovered and they are working on a fix.  So, release has been delayed but hopefully not too long.

it's out👍 released a few minutes ago

For the 50th Anniversary of the Boeing 747, SSG is proud to announce the release of its long awaited follow-on to the SSG 747-8 Series. 

This is no mere update, in many ways it is a whole new aircraft, starting with the base model in Plane Maker working up to the 3D external model, 3D cockpit and systems/displays. It includes a new menu system using a tablet and a new sound set from Turbine Sound Studios (TSS). SSG is releasing the Intercontinental passenger version first and the Freighter will come later as a free upgrade for those who purchase the new version upon release. 

EXTERNALS

The entire external 3D model for v2 has been redone, including the following:
  • All new fuselage closely modeled on the real one with added details
  • Each door can be opened individually and is more detailed
  • dded animations and details (almost all parts that can open/move on the aircraft are modeled).
  • New external details such as a satellite antenna and tail camera
  • New cut passenger windows instead of textures
  • New vertical and horizontal stabilizers with added details
  • New nacelles and engines with more details and new animations
  • Reworked and more detailed landing gear/gear doors with additional animation
  • Improved and more detailed leading and trailing edge flaps and added flap mechanisms
  • Upper deck interior with seats/galleys and stairs to lower deck
  •  New wing flex and nacelle animations 
The textures for the entire aircraft have been redone to match the new model, along with decals for certain detailed areas, right down to most of the external placards, working closely with our technical advisors to ensure all the main details are present and that we have gotten them right. 

COCKPIT
  • The entire cockpit 3D model has been largely redone and completely retextured. 
  • New overhead panel and buttons/switches
  • New forward panel and buttons/switches
  • New pedestal and buttons/switches/handles
  • New miscellaneous panel and buttons/switches
  • Side panels and window frames completely redone
  • New cockpit seats
  • Various added details
SYSTEMS/FMC
  • Almost all switches function properly and independently 
  • IRS alignment process implemented
  • More realistic fuel system with different pumps and tanks along with FUEL TANK / ENG logic
  • Realistic AUTOSTART and RUNNING indicators on secondary engine displays
  • Improved and more realistic air conditioning system and logic
  • Better track representation on ND
  • Clock and chronometer on ND working like on the real aircraft
  • More realistic baro pressure logic (STD, preselected, transition altitude)
  • Captain and First Officer FMCs are now independent
  • FMC FIX page added
  • FMC Route 2 function added
  • FMC Diversion function added
  • Librain rain effects (currently not working on Macs)
  • Upvote 1

It looks good, I’m feel little risk averse today so might hang on for a YouTube clip or review first, I’ve been wishing for a good X-Plane 747 for a while as I’m spending less and less time now with P3D.

Someone mentions on thresholdX that the PFD fonts are off, they look fine to me to be honest.

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

Roger that . 

Thanks👍

787 captain.  

this payware is a disaster, the forums over at the .org are on FIRE😂😮

Edited by Arthur42417

I now have $65  that I didn’t think I’d have this morning burning a hole in my pocket 

787 captain.  

24 minutes ago, jon b said:

I now have $65  that I didn’t think I’d have this morning burning a hole in my pocket 

devs will fix it, i just hate all these final releases that charge full price on unfinished promises...so many Early Access products charging full price for new customers😡  I own version1 and will buy this 747 for a rebate later this week after a few updates.

Edited by Arthur42417

I’ll keep an eye on it thanks.It would be good to have a decent 747 in X-Plane,  I have difficulty landing the PMDG version in P3D properly, that’s an issue with P3D rather than PMDG I think, I just find x plane runway perspectives better for some reason (and DCS the best of all)

787 captain.  

This is like a freshly baked cake just out of the oven. It looks good and you’re eager to try it but you know if you indulge before letting it cool down first you’ll end up with indigestion.

• Like 2

787 captain.