Sign in to follow this  
BigT65

MSFS Subscription or Purchase?

Will the new MSFS be an online subscription paid monthly or an outright purchase? Anyone have any ideas what this sim might cost?

i7 8700K CPU @ 4.8 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 3000 memory, Gigabyte Aorus Z370 MB, EVGA RTX 2060 Super XC Ultra GPU 8GB GDDR6 Memory, MasterAir MA610P CPU cooler, 1T PCIe NVMe SSD, 500GB SSD, 2T HDD, 3 Asus 24" monitors, Saitek X56 Rhino H.O.T.A.S., Altec Surround Sound System.

The only reason the subscription possibily was ever brought up is because a lot of people in here think they understand how thing work at MS and the gaming industry at large but they really don't. Is FS2020 a MMO? No? Then expect to pay $59.99 or get it on Game Pass if you want.

• Upvote 3

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

Game pass is subscription but we know you can have an offline version it may be the full fat steaming version will require Game Pass subscription we just don't know at the moment, like the most of this forum mostly speculation and ramblings. 

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

9 hours ago, BigT65 said:

Will the new MSFS be an online subscription paid monthly or an outright purchase? Anyone have any ideas what this sim might cost?

The official statement so far is they didn't decide the pricing policy yet. About subscription, they said they don't want to use this model.

Also it will be available on the Game Pass library, which means if you have the game pass, you will have acess to it on the launch day.

How will it really be? We don't know, we have to wait next year.

2 hours ago, rjfry said:

Game pass is subscription but we know you can have an offline version it may be the full fat steaming version will require Game Pass subscription we just don't know at the moment, like the most of this forum mostly speculation and ramblings. 

I don't think you really know what gamepass is... No game requires a gamepass subscription.

• Like 3

There's no chance it will be only subscription IMO. 

Now, perhaps the big wigs decide that the streaming part of the game will require some kind of season pass like other games have. I don't know, but if they did that, I'd have a hard time saying that's unfair, especially since they've designed an offline mode that looks killer. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Mgard78 said:

I don't think you really know what gamepass is... No game requires a gamepass subscription.

Not at the moment it`s now in Beta XCloud game streaming service, expected to be up and running before MSFS is released we will have wait and see, I have one PC game pass £3.99 month not the 15-20 that some are talking about.

Edited by rjfry

Raymond Fry.

Here we go again... 😀

BigT65, there's an active thread about pricing, so check that out. 

As for the subscription, it's true we don't know for sure right now, but it's like saying we don't know if bigfoot exists. There's no reason to think bigfoot exists. Purchases are standard in the industry outside of massively multiplayer online games. The subscription conspiracy theories are based on nothing. It's like if a new hamburger restaurant was opening up and some people started saying you have to pay monthly fee to go to the hamburger restaurant. The hamburger shop would be making a terrible decision to charge a monthly fee to enter into the restaurant.

Some people here really can't seem to grasp what gamepass is, despite it having been explained to them. 😣

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bonchie said:

There's no chance it will be only subscription IMO. 

Now, perhaps the big wigs decide that the streaming part of the game will require some kind of season pass like other games have. I don't know, but if they did that, I'd have a hard time saying that's unfair, especially since they've designed an offline mode that looks killer. 

No PC game from Microsoft REQUIRE a season pass or game pass to be played. You can always buy it once and download and play it as many times you want "forever".

Season passes are just a way to sell future DLCs before they are even released. It's not something intended to grant the access for the online mode of any game.

The service Microsoft has to grant the access for game servers is called XBOX LIVE GOLD and is only needed for the the people using the games on the XBOX CONSOLES. To play online on the consoles, Sony and Microsoft always charged a monthly fee. But, again, the PC version of the same games can be played online for free. 

Edited by ca_metal
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ca_metal said:

No PC game from Microsoft REQUIRE a season pass or game pass to be played. You can always buy it once and download and play it as many times you want "forever".

Season passes are just a way to sell future DLCs before they are even released. It's not something intended to grant the access for the online mode of any game.

The service Microsoft has to grant the access for game servers is called XBOX LIVE GOLD and is only needed for the the people using the games on the XBOX CONSOLES. To play online on the consoles, Sony and Microsoft always charged a monthly fee. But, again, the PC version of the same games can be played online for free. 

At the moment there is no such thing as XCLOUD Streaming service but when Project Scarlet is released there will be, the aim is that you just stream the data in real time without needing to download, again this is a new direction for MS gaming and yes you can play offline with three versions availably the top one being live streamed data at the highest detail.

Raymond Fry.

Even Steam with EA games now going down the subscription route.

tps://www.guru3d.com/news-story/ea-is-back-at-steam-also-adding-an-ea-access-subscription.html

Raymond Fry.

1 hour ago, rjfry said:

Even Steam with EA games now going down the subscription route.

tps://www.guru3d.com/news-story/ea-is-back-at-steam-also-adding-an-ea-access-subscription.html

You can subscribe to get a catalog of games. You're still going to be able to buy the games individually.

1 hour ago, carbonbasedlifeform said:

You can subscribe to get a catalog of games. You're still going to be able to buy the games individually.

The same with game pass you will not need a subscription to buy a game or MSFS but it may be a requirement if you want to stream data in real time instead of downloading. We will have to wait and see only MS know. 

Raymond Fry.

I'm just not going to respond to some of the madness I'm reading anymore since I fear the ire of the mods.

• Upvote 1

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.