Sign in to follow this  
hatata

Retiring from P3D .. my thoughts

and at the end no one uninstalled anything.

• Upvote 2

Ramon De Valencia

Intel i9 13900k @ stock / Windows 11 64 bit / 64GB DDR5 5600MHz CL36 RAM / GTX 4090 24GB VRAM / 1000 watt PSU

14 minutes ago, ttbq1 said:

and at the end no one uninstalled anything.

True. 

Tired already of this childish song "I'm done with P3D". MS2020 is not in beta, has no SDK, has no clear strategy for 3D vendors....has nothing but shiny videos in the selected geographical locations. Well, good luck and get riddance

Edited by G-YMML1
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 5

44 minutes ago, G-YMML1 said:

True. 

Tired already of this childish song "I'm done with P3D". MS2020 is not in beta, has no SDK, has no clear strategy for 3D vendors....has nothing but shiny videos in the selected geographical locations. Well, good luck and get riddance

Well said!

Vic green

18 hours ago, hatata said:

Hello everyone first of all thanks for all the help and support over the years. P3D has been a blast and a huge source of frustration. I am just simply done with trying to keep my P3D installation in tip top form. Every time i rebuild my machine I have to chase down all my add-ons.. get reactivation reset for various products and no matter how hard I have tried to script the re-installation process with the tons of add-ons and tweaks I am just tired and done. Watching the possible revolution that Microsoft Flight simulator 2020 might be, removed any remaining desire I have left to invest in P3D for the time being. 

Its kind of like when I was younger and trying to learn the guitar. I spent so much time fiddling with my tone that I ended up not playing as much as I should. The reason for my post is not that I expect anyone to really care but I am curious to how many folks feel the same way ? With all of P3D's legacy code quirks and the add-on ecosystem that improves on basic features the sim does not have are you feeling discouraged to invest any longer now that we have some possible hope that plane add-ons might be the only thing we need to invest in?

Anyway .. regardless of what happens with FS2020 and P3D This forum has been a huge part of my reading daily for years and I am thankful for you all! I did not contribute much but again

Thank you. 

A little tip that might save you some time. I have an "install.txt" file and a "install" folder on my system where I save every change or adjustment that I have ever made to my P3D installation. In the event that I would need to completely reload or restore P3D or if something undoes all of my changes, all I need to do is go to my "install" folder and open my "install.txt" file. It contains a list all of my add-ons. For each add-on it lists the serial number as well as any notes related to what changes or adjustments that I need to get it working properly. I store any files that I might need in the "install" folder to make them easy to find.

When HF2 came out I completely uninstalled and re-installed P3D. I got all of my add-ons working properly again in about 30 minutes (would have been quicker if the cats weren't being so playful). All I had to to was open my "install.txt" file, and go down the list... 

The simple fact is that maintenance is a part of running a computer. If you don't want to do that, then I would recommend a console system. Reliable, consistent, and locked down for your protection and sanity.  

That being said, P3D is looking and performing better than ever on my system lately. I'm enjoying it more than ever these days.

Edited by MDFlier
splling erorrs.
  • Upvote 4

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

Maybe it is far fetched, but I cannot imagine that LM lets MS feed on their market share. They will monitor MS and have something brewing for the next version of P3D.

Michael

Edited by michaelth
  • Like 3

Michael Thesen

MSFS, HP Reverb G2, Gigabyte B760 32Gb, Samsung 970 EVO, Geforce RTX 4070-TI, Win11, i7-14700KF, Thrustmaster T16000M, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

I just create images of OS (Win 10 Pro) and of P3D scenery. Loading Win 10 from image takes approx 10 minutes then install latest version of P3D and then image of scenery comprising quite a lot of Gigabytes (300GB +) - Works like a dream for me. We have to bear in mind that P3D is still under development, who know what may come out of it in the future.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Arthur42417 said:

😂🤣

When I felt I needed an OS upgrade, it was usually due to the PC I was using was not up to snuff. The only time I have actually upgraded the OS on the PC I was currently using, was a couple of months ago when I went to W 10 from W 7. And I just installed the W10 upgrade, everything else remained the same. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

3 hours ago, G-YMML1 said:

True. 

Seconded!!

ngxu_banner.png

2 minutes ago, ailchim said:

Seconded!!

I wonder what happened to the folks when FSW was introduced, and they said were going to dump P3D,,,,,   ???? LOL

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

20 hours ago, ZLA Steve said:

These kind of post always amuse me, but I will wish you well since you put it out there. Out of curiosity, just how often do you rebuild your machine?

I am not amused at all - I have the same problem basically.

Every time there is a P3D update basically everything is broken. Sometimes I just want to fly, then I find myself trouble shooting for like 3 hours.

I am also pretty bored of this...

3 hours ago, G-YMML1 said:

True. 

I am always a little amused by that kind of post. Yours :wink:

In what sense does it tire you ? An innocent  post with which you don't agree makes you angry enough that you feel tired ? If such posts have such an effet on you, is it prudent to keep up reading them ?  Just worrying for your health. 

Edited by domkle
  • Like 2

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

I am done living in a house.  I tear down my house and rebuild it once a year because I like building things and my employer buys me the lumber.  But the hassles of moving all my stuff to storage, rebuilding, and then updating all my furniture to match the new color scheme every year have gotten so burdensome that I find I don't have time to live a life in my house any more.

Definitely my house is the problem.  I would rather live outdoors than deal with all these challenges.

So...what's wrong with this picture??

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

I am tired of P3D

I am tired of FSX

I am tired of Xplane

I am tired of work

I am tired and tired of pc upgrade

I am so tired, I am throwing out my P_C.

Wow......I feel good already.....going back to flying!

David

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, domkle said:

I am always a little amused by that kind of post. Yours :wink:

In what sense does it tire you ? An innocent  post with which you don't agree makes you angry enough that you feel tired ? If such posts have such an effet on you, is it prudent to keep up reading them ?  Just worrying for your health. 

I can give you my PayPal and you could send me a donation for my mental health improvements if you do really worry:-) We can even establish a monthly donation plan: you're sending me money - in return I'm not posting anything with words such as "sick" and "tired".

Deal? 

13 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

Been using windows for decades. I have never had to do a reinstall, ever. 

Same here. Even after installing new board and CPU. I did reinstall once, the first time, but performance, stability, etc. were exactly the same.

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else