Sign in to follow this  
hatata

Retiring from P3D .. my thoughts

1 hour ago, Holdit said:

(which they were praising as state-of-the-art only the day before yesterday).

You must be joking. What civilian sim was ever that? 

ZORAN

1 hour ago, TurboKen said:

I couldn't agree more, I just tried the free edition (AI lights) and wow this is a MUST HAVE. I will be buying the pro version this week. The only way you could see planes in the sky before was the text scrolling above the plane, and now I removed that as you can easily see the planes flying around. Great job simbol

Thanks for your kind words.. it means a lot to me, my family and all the people involved with the project.

Regards,
S.

23 hours ago, regis9 said:

I’m rather surprised by the posts here that P3D is boring, or stagnant or whatever.

Sometimes it felt boring/stagnant for me too. But it was not the sim it was my simming behavior.

If I come now to this stage, I look for a new challenge. Currently I'm working at my navigation skills with smaller GA a/c. Very recently I was more busy with my PMDG airliners, learning and repeating the whole start-up procedure from Cold&Dark til Take-Off. Sometimes I dive into AI traffic, defining my own traffic files for airports which are barely populated by traffic. There are so much possibilities to learn something new or better.

• Upvote 1

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

5 hours ago, zmak said:

You must be joking. What civilian sim was ever that? 

I'm referring to peoples' claims, not my own assessment.

On 11/3/2019 at 10:56 AM, Bobsk8 said:

Ridiculous comment.. Over the years I have spent a few hundred dollars, not including aircraft. For the thousands of hours of enjoyment, it is very cheap entertainment. 

I could not agree more. A little perspective. I took a date to a movie a couple of weeks ago. It cost me just about $80 for two people to watch 2 1/2 hours of a bad movie. In the last 2 weeks I bought LatinVFR KMIA and Flightbeam KPHX for a combined total of $50. I'll be using them for a lot longer than 2 1/2 hours.

The moral of the story: P3D addons are a better value than women and movies. 🙄 

Edited by MDFlier
  • Like 2

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

On 11/4/2019 at 4:22 PM, simbol said:

Thanks for your kind words.. it means a lot to me, my family and all the people involved with the project.

Regards,
S.

just bought the pro version from you.glad to help you develop new addons.

thanks

steve

• Like 1

1 minute ago, steve howlett said:

thanks

steve

Hi Steve,

Many thanks for supporting my add-on's.. it means a lot! I hope you enjoy the product!.

I am very proud of my support services, so if you run into any trouble do not hesitate to post via my forums of send me a PM.

All the best,
simbol

1 hour ago, MDFlier said:

I could not agree more. A little perspective. I took a date to a movie a couple of weeks ago. It cost me just about $80 for two people to watch 2 1/2 hours of a bad movie. In the last 2 weeks I bought LatinVFR KMIA and Flightbeam KPHX for a combined total of $50. I'll be using them for a lot longer than 2 1/2 hours.

come to bangkok thailand I pay $5 usd in modern theaters plus $3 for popcorn 

ZORAN

1 hour ago, steve howlett said:

thanks

steve

You will enjoy the extra realism it adds. There are some addons that, imho, are a musthave and this is one of them...

I just landed at Rodos and the taxiing ac look so much more realistic with these lights . 

• Upvote 2

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

looking forward to getting it working.unfortunately i have Traffic Global .it's early access so not compatible just yet.

hopefully it will be within 2 weeks.

steve

• Like 1

On 10/30/2019 at 7:21 PM, hatata said:

Hello everyone first of all thanks for all the help and support over the years. P3D has been a blast and a huge source of frustration. I am just simply done with trying to keep my P3D installation in tip top form. Every time i rebuild my machine I have to chase down all my add-ons.. get reactivation reset for various products and no matter how hard I have tried to script the re-installation process with the tons of add-ons and tweaks I am just tired and done. Watching the possible revolution that Microsoft Flight simulator 2020 might be, removed any remaining desire I have left to invest in P3D for the time being. 

Its kind of like when I was younger and trying to learn the guitar. I spent so much time fiddling with my tone that I ended up not playing as much as I should. The reason for my post is not that I expect anyone to really care but I am curious to how many folks feel the same way ? With all of P3D's legacy code quirks and the add-on ecosystem that improves on basic features the sim does not have are you feeling discouraged to invest any longer now that we have some possible hope that plane add-ons might be the only thing we need to invest in?

Anyway .. regardless of what happens with FS2020 and P3D This forum has been a huge part of my reading daily for years and I am thankful for you all! I did not contribute much but again

Thank you. 

Well, I had played FSX and P3D extensively over many years; with all its singularities and quirks :wacko: (e.g. someone still remember the infamous UIAutomationCore.dll and HIGHMEM tweaks, lol?) - yea, it was fun and hell at the same time.; some kind of tightrope act.

But by now more than one year ago something has changed, and I made a clear cut off regarding P3D (and FSX of course), and made the move towards other (civilian) sims.

Since then my life as a simmer and hobbyist has become significantly easier; and I'm spending more time with flying my simulators actually, than with tweaking or time consuming sim-administrations.

Got to go!  A wonderful Dreamfoil AS350 is already waiting for me at Courchevel Altiport  :laugh:

Cheers and all the best.

Edited by KBUR

21 hours ago, MDFlier said:

The two are not necessarily mutually exclusive.

Pro tip: for your next date, invite the girl around to act as FO (or stew) for your KMIA to KPHX flight.

Cost $50, you get to sim AND you get the girl (probably..)

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

26 minutes ago, OzWhitey said:

The two are not necessarily mutually exclusive.

Pro tip: for your next date, invite the girl around to act as FO (or stew) for your KMIA to KPHX flight.

Cost $50, you get to sim AND you get the girl (probably..)

I appreciate the effort, but I tried that once with the EX wife.

I guess she though it was a little weird when I mentioned that we could join the mile high club from my den.

From then on, if the female unit doesn't sim, I keep it out of the relationship...

Edited by MDFlier
  • Like 1

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

6 hours ago, MDFlier said:

I appreciate the effort, but I tried that once with the EX wife.

I guess she though it was a little weird when I mentioned that we could join the mile high club from my den.

From then on, if the female unit doesn't sim, I keep it out of the relationship...

Hmmm...I haven't dated in a while, but I'm 99% - make that 97% - certain that an average girl would be stoked at the thought of sitting in a sim cockpit while you fly KMIA-KPHX for the next 4 hours, 30 minutes, particularly as a first date.

Anyone here need more relationship/simming advice, just let me know.

P.S. Maybe spend the first date tweaking P3D, leave the long tubeliner flight for the second date.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."