Sign in to follow this  
Krakin

Asobo is hiring for FS2020

So it looks like they're still improving the engine at this point. I'm guessing this will help them implement some of our requests.

• Like 2

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

Im an brooms and washer dishes engineer its ok? I can do lot of things just to play with FS2020 soon as possible. 😎

i7-8700K 3.70 GHz, GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, Samsung SSD 840 840 EVO 1TB,  RAM 16 GB, Triple Monitors : 2 LG and Planar touch screen PCT 2265 as main monitor,  Windows 10 up to date 🙂

Somehow I just don't see this as a money-making venture. They're throwing way too many resources into this it seems to me to ever realistically recoup the investment from just the flight simulation community.

There got to be other reasons driving this.

Unless they have some really funky studies that show there's some absolutely huge untapped Market out there above and beyond the hardcore community.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

32 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

Somehow I just don't see this as a money-making venture. They're throwing way too many resources into this it seems to me to ever realistically recoup the investment from just the flight simulation community.

Unless they have some really funky studies that show there's some absolutely huge untapped Market out there above and beyond the hardcore community.

You're saying this based on.....

A game is a game. What makes FS2020 so special in terms of developmental costs and expectations? Flight sims are niche but they aren't THAT niche.

Edited by Krakin

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

2 minutes ago, Krakin said:

You're saying this based on

Occam's razor.

And no, Flight sims are not niche. Warsims sell quite well, but every attempt at a civilian sim has failed financially or at most barely crept along. The market is self evidently a niche when the resources likely necessary for this venture would almost certainly get a much better return on investment if devoted to something more marketable, like a GTA type game or a shooter.

I can only think of this as a showcase for azure.

• Upvote 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

36 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

Didn't they already say during the early interviews, this is as much a venture to improve and present Bing / Azure, push it to be a much larger platform? That's what I understood. Now they can show it off in a 3D application and improve it with azure AI, so it's basically an investment into Bing, which just benefits us basically, thus the cost of it all isn't solely hinging on the worth of the flight simulator to the market.

Edited by Sethos

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

57 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

I have to agree. There is something going on here that we don't know about. I am not saying that it is something bad...who knows. It just don't make sense at this point. We have seen MS dump 2 versions of flight sims counting "Flight" and now they are throwing money at this project like they are going to mars. My guess is something like they will use this new world that they are creating for more than just our sims. We low end life forms have to think outside of the box. It is not out of the question that MS may be working hand in hand with the likes of P3D to provide a virtural world that could be the basis of flight sims, boat sims, railroad sims, Wild fire fighting and disaster control sims and the list is endless. I would bet my 1080TI on this but it may be several years before we know for sure. If you get past the pretty pictures and marketing dribble and think money then it makes more sense.

• Like 4

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

they also searching an producer (flight Simulator) with Experience as Producer on a VR project is a must-have 😁 'hint hint'

3 minutes ago, FlyerNYC said:

This expansion seems quite late. Hope there won't be huge delays.

Probably a reaction to the more recent community feedback. I won't be surprised if they attempt to have ATC, AI, seasons and VR ready at launch now.

2 hours ago, HiFlyer said:

I get the same feeling, yet the opportunities beyond flight sim aren’t too hard to imagine. Just like we thought google was mad at first giving us amazing free maps and then sending cars out to 360 photograph every road, now Microsoft wants to beat them to the next level. Surely there are lots of commercial opportunities for a fully modelled *living* 3D planet with authentic weather, water, vegetation and traffic?

When boeing design a new jet engine they build a digital twin. Is this not the earth’s digital twin?

Edited by Spit40
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Varjo Aero, Zotac 3090, i9-12900K, 32GB Ram, RX Viper Rudder Pedals, AuthentiKit Controls + Fulcrum Yoke

atk-logo-354.jpg

24 minutes ago, Spit40 said:

When boeing design a new jet engine they build a digital twin. Is this not the earth’s digital twin?

I'm not sure a bing-like photogrammetry world is granular enough for all of that (as far as driving sims, etc) as both Bing and Google tend to fall apart as you get closer and closer to ground level.....

It would be quite a project, I think, to change that.

Good on them if they prove willing to try, though.

Devons rig

22 minutes ago, Spit40 said:

🤔 Have Boeing ever designed a jet engine?

MSI Pro Z690-A DDR4 | i5 13600KF | G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3600MHz | ASUS TUF RTX 3080 (12GB) | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 1TB | Samsung 850EVO 500GB | 2TB Seagate HDD | Deepcool AK500 CPU Cooler | Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS | CH Yoke | Win 11 22H2 build | MSFS2020 |

Tony K.