Sign in to follow this  
Krakin

Asobo is hiring for FS2020

On 10/31/2019 at 1:10 AM, HiFlyer said:

Since then, several programmers on the forum have suggested a fair going rate for developers of about $100.000 per year, which over two years comes close to that 25 million figure plus various unknowns....... (I'm approximating here since obviously not everyone is a developer making that kind of money. Some will make more and many will make less, but it's the best I have for a ballpark)

If that's the basis of your speculation you really need to quit while you're ahead. This kinda sad lol

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

2 hours ago, Krakin said:

If that's the basis of your speculation you really need to quit while you're ahead. This kinda sad lol

Sorry, but looking over your post history, I really don't have time to spar against low level trolling/rudeness. The last few weeks of this microsoft thing have drained me of all patience for such things, so I will save time and add you now to the two other people I have blocked this decade.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

17 hours ago, andyjohnston.net said:

Are you referring to the introductory missions?  Or is there something I still don't even know about almost a decade and a half later.

Indeed, there is something you still don't know. If you look into the learning center, you will find a complete "syllabus" of lessons, from the basic takeoff all the way till the B738 checkride, including private pilot checkride with an examiner, where you have to show you can fly cross-country and perform a traffic pattern at the destination, there are instrument rating lessons complete also with a checkride that is arguably one of the hardest of all time and it even motivated me to create a video with instructions on how to see it through, here:

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ErichB said:

I agree that this has become a significant feature.  Now, if more people would fly and control on VATSIM and create a truly, consistently busy airspace with fellow enthusiasts, that would be awesome.

I always fly online, on IVAO. I also do ATC from time to time 🙂

Those flight lessons by Rod Machado were in Flight Simulator 2004 too, perhaps even 2002. I believe there was also a series of videos created by an aviation school. I hope they bring those back.

The tutorial missions introduced in Flight Simulator X were really good too. I feel that Microsoft Flight didn't do them as well, and in Flight Sim World they were an absolute disaster...

4 hours ago, bashope said:

Indeed, there is something you still don't know. If you look into the learning center,

Ah, the learning center, I admit that it's got a lot of stuff in it I'm sure many have never read all of.  I'll have to have a look.

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

Just wondering what Missions & the Learning Center have got to do with Asobo hiring?

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

Now the subscription will be $60 per month, right?

Edited by Krakin

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

I have the boxed version of FSX, not Steam.  It doesn't appear to have these lessons, or at least I can't find them.

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

8 hours ago, andyjohnston.net said:

I have the boxed version of FSX, not Steam.  It doesn't appear to have these lessons, or at least I can't find them.

It did have these lessons long before steam, and they are available in the same place... strange that you can't find them!

9 hours ago, andyjohnston.net said:

They are in the "Learning Centre":

Lessons.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I think the big piece of the puzzle we're missing is that MS and Asobo are focusing more on the commercial market vs the enthusiast/hobby market. There's a massive financial bubble forming on the flight training side. Margins are incredibly slim for flight schools and operating a fleet of aircraft is becoming a fascinating game. More and more training centers are investing in simulator offerings (both part 61 and 141) and until now, the only offering really has been XPlane paired FTDs or ATDs.

If MS and Asobo can bring greater realism on both the visual and flight dynamics side of things, the software becomes a much more compelling option for training centers looking to streamline training curriculum and limit the amount of time spent in an actual aircraft.

That's just my opinion though...for whatever it's worth.

Actually, Microsoft Flight Simulator in it's EULA is NOT for commercial use.

There is only a single Microsoft product that is ;'Not for Entertainment'

There must be separate licencing for a forthcoming product such as this to be used as a commercial training product.

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

23 hours ago, GHD said:

They are in the "Learning Centre":

Lessons.jpg

Can you imagine running through these lessons again with the superior graphics and flight model of FS2020? Would be REALLY awesome.

Couple it with achievements/something to brag about and compete with your buddies, and I think people will really get hooked about it...

• Like 4