Sign in to follow this  
jabloomf1230

SODE Visual Docking Guidance System (VDGS)

The SODE-based VDGS SimObject pack has been released and is available at fine stores everywhere. This screenshot is from SimMarket:

223063_VDGS_SFO.png

For the VDGS to work, the 3rd-party airport developer must provide  a configuration file containing placement data for the VDGS (for example, the  Drzewiecki Design version of UUEE Moscow Sheremetyevo X V2). The VDGS pack comes with a demo airport for testing purposes (Cebu Mactan International Airport, RPVM, Philippines).

• Like 1

That looks interesting, I never knew it was in the pipeline. Do you happen to know how many of the main developers have come on board with a configuration file?

Ian S

38.jpg

40 minutes ago, Ian S said:

I never knew it was in the pipeline

It's a running joke over at fsdeveloper.com in a playful way, since the developer has talked about releasing it for about three years. As to what 3rd party airports support the VDGS pack, you might get an answer from the developer by posting here:

https://sode.12bpilot.ch/?forum=support/vdgs-pack

(signup required for the official SODE forum)

Here's also a short summary as to how it works with specific aircraft:

https://sode.12bpilot.ch/?document=visual-docking-guidance-system-vdgs

and the workflow:

https://sode.12bpilot.ch/?document=tutorials/vdgs-workflow

jay

this is more than interesting ...... fantastic, more so with the PLACER tool.

i know for sure i'll be using in lieu of GSX's guidance .... and with UGCX a possible given i've given up waiting for GSX2 to have AI docking.

for now, cheers

john martin

Does anyone know which airports are already fitted with SODE VDGS? or prepared?

Thanks Urmel

Edited by Urmel81
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Urmel81 said:

Does anyone know which airports are already fitted with SODE VDGS

interesting you ask .... i'm not aware of any except for jay's mention of UUEE above.

i suspect it is more about the community (AIG etc) adding the VDGS to match afcads such as yours which are more accurate / up to date than any developer's (they are as a majority more candy suckers anyway than ...)

that said, i have started adding VDGS to VHHH, RJBB .....  

• Like 1

for now, cheers

john martin

I just got an email from Fligthbeam that within the next week, KSFO will be updated to version 3.0 (free) and will include VDGS at all gates.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

16 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

KSFO will be updated to version 3.0 (free) and will include VDGS at all gates

How can the best become even better? 😍

• Like 1

How is VDGS compatible with GSX, since GSX(2) has its own parking system ??

• Like 1

kind regards, ggerolamo

spacer.png                       spacer.png

26 minutes ago, ggerolamo said:

I assume it's not.  Same as ImagineSim locations that have their parking assist feature.  You can still use GSX but the parking location must have type of marshaller set to none if you use the ImagineSim parking assist.

Dan Downs KCRP

11 minutes ago, downscc said:

I assume it's not

I think that's really a pity, because I assume that most (a lot..) people use GSX !?

Edited by ggerolamo

kind regards, ggerolamo

33 minutes ago, ggerolamo said:

There are no issues whatsoever with GSX.

If you have a scenery that comes with SODE VGDS, all you have to do, is to configure all parking stands with SODE VGDS as "NO Parking System", so GSX won't call a Marshaller there, and then just follow the VGDS indications to park, it should work just fine, assuming the scenery developer that used SODE VGDS has already tuned all the stop position of the VGDS to match its own scenery ground markings.

The only minor annoyance, is that you will have to select the Gate in GSX,using the GSX menu, and the same gate in SODE, using the SODE menu.

We already contacted Jeffrey to discuss of adding the same kind of integration as with SODE jetways, in which SODE sends to GSX data about jetways created within SODE itself, so the jetway can be used just with GSX, without having to select the same gate with SODE, saving a few keystrokes. I guess the same might be done for the VGDS. Also, with this integration, you won't even have to customize GSX to set "NO Parking System", because GSX will already know, from SODE, if they are any SODE VGDS in that airport, and where.

• Like 8

Umberto, thanks for the Info 😀

kind regards, ggerolamo

Good news, I've just got a clarification from Jeffrey, and the SODE VGDS already recognizes when a stand is selected from GSX, it will activate that one along with any jetways, no need to change anything.

And, there's already a provision in the SODE API we can use to know which gates have a SODE VGDS, which means in the next GSX update, we can add automatic detection, without requiring to manually set all gates as "No parking system" within GSX.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, virtuali said:

Good news, I've just got a clarification from Jeffrey, and the SODE VGDS already recognizes when a stand is selected from GSX, it will activate that one along with any jetways, no need to change anything.

And, there's already a provision in the SODE API we can use to know which gates have a SODE VGDS, which means in the next GSX update, we can add automatic detection, without requiring to manually set all gates as "No parking system" within GSX.

Hello Umberto,

I've one question about compatible Airports. Some Developer are saying VDGS is available with SODE and GSX?

Like Justsim EBBR. Does it mean I have to purchase SODE VDGS and GSX Level 2? AT the moment I have only normal GSX.

Thanks