Sign in to follow this  
Dane Watson

Export to Garmin GTN GFP - problem

I am not sure if this is a GTN/Garmin problem or an issue I have in saving a flight plan in Little NaMap to GTN GFP.

1. Does anyone know the correct location to save the GTN GFP file to?

2. When I save a flight plan to Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\F1GTN\FPL it never shows up in the actual GTN GPS in the aircraft.

3. Look at my link to a print screen that shows a very strange situation - https://photos.app.goo.gl/cG9SAFBTFnVPjG8JA

Regards, Dane

- Windows 10 Home - CPU Intel Core i7-10700KF @3.8GHz
- EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 GPU - 1TB SSD DRIVE - RAM 32GB - MSFS-2020

1 hour ago, Dane Watson said:

I am not sure if this is a GTN/Garmin problem or an issue I have in saving a flight plan in Little NaMap to GTN GFP.

1. Does anyone know the correct location to save the GTN GFP file to?

2. When I save a flight plan to Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\F1GTN\FPL it never shows up in the actual GTN GPS in the aircraft.

3. Look at my link to a print screen that shows a very strange situation - https://photos.app.goo.gl/cG9SAFBTFnVPjG8JA

I just might have discovered where the correct location is for GTN GFP files - let me know if I am wrong - thank you.

C:\Users\Xxxxx\AppData\Roaming\Flight1 Aviation Technologies\GTNGauge\Navigator_1\winfs_mount\FPL

Regards, Dane

10 hours ago, albar965 said:

There are plenty of places where to put these depending on the Garmin trainer version:
https://www.littlenavmap.org/manuals/littlenavmap/release/2.4/en/FLIGHTPLANFMT.html#flight-plan-formats-rxpgtn

Alex

Alex, thank you - but still no success.

I have ensured that the folder in - C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\F1TGTN\FPL does have Admin full control ownership.

This is so strange - the only GFP that shows up in the FPL folder when using I.E. or the GPS in the aircraft is the one that was placed there when I re-installed GTN Complete.

However Little NavMap shows the other GFP files in the save dialogue menu window

Regards, Dane

5 hours ago, Dane Watson said:

Alex, thank you - but still no success.

I have ensured that the folder in - C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\F1TGTN\FPL does have Admin full control ownership.

This is so strange - the only GFP that shows up in the FPL folder when using I.E. or the GPS in the aircraft is the one that was placed there when I re-installed GTN Complete.

However Little NavMap shows the other GFP files in the save dialogue menu window

After further testing the only way I can get to see flight plans in LNM as well as to see them in I.E. as well as the GTN in the aircraft is to export LNM flight plans to - C:\Users\Dane\AppData\Roaming\Flight1 Aviation Technologies\GTNGauge\Navigator_1\winfs_mount\FPL

What I was seeing before in LNM were the flight plans in the VirtualStore folder.

Alex I see that on doing extensive Google searches I notice some people have had this issue. I also tried creating a flight plan in SimBrief and downloaded it and moved it to C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\F1TGTN\FPL and I could see it but not when I export from LNM. 

Regards, Dane

7 hours ago, Dane Watson said:

Alex I see that on doing extensive Google searches I notice some people have had this issue. I also tried creating a flight plan in SimBrief and downloaded it and moved it to C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\F1TGTN\FPL and I could see it but not when I export from LNM. 

Is LNM running as administrator or another account? It should not. That's the only reason that comes into my mind why the files end up in virtual storage.

Alex

On my set up I put the plans in PrograData\Garmin\trainers\Databases/FPLN and have no issues. I think its a issue with LNM which has been reported. Once you save it to the correct location I believe it will always put them there  as I never had to re direct it after the first time..

Edited by FreeBird(Josh)

CPU: Intel i9-11900K @5.2 / RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200 / GPU: 4080 16GB /

It's not an issue of LNM. This is to 99.9 percent an installation or permission issue.

Navmap simply saves and creates files like any other program. I'm not doing any special magic that keeps P3D or Garmin from loading the files.

Alex

8 hours ago, albar965 said:

It's not an issue of LNM. This is to 99.9 percent an installation or permission issue.

Navmap simply saves and creates files like any other program. I'm not doing any special magic that keeps P3D or Garmin from loading the files.

Alex

Thank you Alex, you are correct.

Here is what was wrong for me. 99.9% of the time I always set a newly installed file to Run as Administrator. On the last update of LNM I forgot to do that. I have now done that and all is good. When you mentioned that in your last post the light bulb went on in my brain and I quickly checked - that was the problem.

Sorry for all the fuss...

Regards, Dane

Hi Dane,

no problem with the fuss. Run as Administrator should normally not be needed for LNM if you change the flight plan folder for full access.

I wish this Garmin Trainer stuff would use normal paths for flight plans like the good old documents folder where a user always has full access and does not need admin rights. Instead they use protected folders at obscure locations that change with almost every minor release.🙄

Alex