Sign in to follow this  
pegruder

FlyInside P3D with FSL A320 - Still Weather Radar Issues?

So after seeing a few VR posts lately I may go and dip my toes in the VR waters again.  I haven't really looked back since I got a 49" ultra wide.  Anyway - One of the annoyances I had is when the FSL A320 first came out - when using with FlyInside the weather radar would not work.  Is this still an issue?

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS

i9 12900k | 32GB DDR5 RAM | 2TB Samsung EVO SSD (1TB x 2 in RAID 0) | MSI RTX 3090 | Reverb G2 | RealSimGear TBM900 Panel with Yoko+ TQ6+ & TM TPR Pedals

P3D or FSX? If P3D, easy fix. Don't use Flyinside, use native VR. There's no real need for Flyinside with P3D anymore. 

49 minutes ago, andreh said:

P3D or FSX? If P3D, easy fix. Don't use Flyinside, use native VR. There's no real need for Flyinside with P3D anymore. 

Without detracting from the thread significantly, but are you able to use touch controllers in P3D without the requirement for FlyInside, and if so how do you use them (some people have claimed that they can use them without FlyInside)?

37 minutes ago, LecLightning56 said:

Without detracting from the thread significantly, but are you able to use touch controllers in P3D without the requirement for FlyInside, and if so how do you use them (some people have claimed that they can use them without FlyInside)?

As far as know, touch controllers don't work in P3D native. Mouse works well. Other than that, you will have to use real hardware, like a HOTAS or yoke etc. 

1 hour ago, andreh said:

I liked FlyInside's window management and other customizable controls.  Trust me - I'd LOVE not not need any extra software.  I wish P3Ds native worked as well as XP11's.

• Like 1

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS

i9 12900k | 32GB DDR5 RAM | 2TB Samsung EVO SSD (1TB x 2 in RAID 0) | MSI RTX 3090 | Reverb G2 | RealSimGear TBM900 Panel with Yoko+ TQ6+ & TM TPR Pedals

32 minutes ago, pegruder said:

I liked FlyInside's window management and other customizable controls.  Trust me - I'd LOVE not not need any extra software.  I wish P3Ds native worked as well as XP11's.

What headset? With oculus you can easily bring windows into VR. Click, resize, move, pin, done. 5 seconds 

52 minutes ago, andreh said:

What headset? With oculus you can easily bring windows into VR. Click, resize, move, pin, done. 5 seconds 

Vive Pro 😕

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS

7 hours ago, pegruder said:

Vive Pro 😕

Ahhh...well. I suppose you have also packed everything up so you'd have to set up all the base stations etc? I get that it would be a lot of work just to find out that the weather radar doesn't work.

I'm cursious as to the reason Flyinside would interfere with a weather radar? Do you know? If it's a while ago it might be fixed. Alas, I can't help you because I don't fly the A320 either and if I recall for PMDG, the radar worked in Flyinside.  

4 hours ago, andreh said:

Ahhh...well. I suppose you have also packed everything up so you'd have to set up all the base stations etc? I get that it would be a lot of work just to find out that the weather radar doesn't work.

I'm cursious as to the reason Flyinside would interfere with a weather radar? Do you know? If it's a while ago it might be fixed. Alas, I can't help you because I don't fly the A320 either and if I recall for PMDG, the radar worked in Flyinside.  

I think I remember with my rift the weather radar didnt work either.  It 100% works in FI with PMDG for sure as I had plenty of hours in the NG with my rift and vive pro in FI.  Even just having FI installed and using the FSL320 in 2D mode the weather radar wouldnt work either.  Such an odd bug to have.  I can't remember what the devs of FI said about this, I'll have to make a post over there again.

Edit: I just took a look over at there forums and it seems theres bigger problems with P3D v4.5 than just the FSL bus.  I'm going to steer clear for now.  My guess is the dev shifted most focus to his own flight sim he's been developing than supporting the original products.

Edited by pegruder

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS