Sign in to follow this  
betelgeuse

Traffic Toolbox SDK

I have used Traffic Toolbox for years to monitor AI flights in FSX Gold. (Windows 10).

For those that don't know about this program, it is included in the FSX SDK.  It provides facilities to monitor the progress of AI flights visually, or on a small map (with altitude, speed, throttle settings etc), and an ATC listing of flights in the vicinity.

All of a sudden I have lost the map option, probably due to one the many recent W10 updates. I can still see the AI planes in flight in a second window which opens automatically, and I still get the ATC listing. But no map.

I have a vague memory of something like this happening before which was due to a missing or corrupted file with maybe u a c letters in the filename.

If anyone can help I'd be very grateful.  Thanks!

Edited by betelgeuse

Supporter.png

John

AVSIM has a Traffic Tools Forum and there might be some solutions there.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

My title was wrong!  🤔  I blame Halloween. 

Should be Traffic Toolbox SDK.  Not to be confused with the Lee Swordy TTools. 

Supporter.png

John

I can guess to almost 100% certainty that the window is visible, just off screen.
All the parameters for the TT SDK reside in the FSX.cfg.
Perhaps remove the complete [aidebug] section and let it rebuild.
-or- 
Key in some valid parameters (fsx can be running) so it shows up on a/the screen. 

[aidebug]
X=6
Y=15
height=538
width=635

Hope it helps,
Roman

• Like 1

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

Roman,

That was it! Spot on! Thank you very much.

My [aidebug] entry had x=-1356, and y=35.  An example of a 'debug' routine, actually creating a 'bug'.

I blame W10 updates for most strange things which happen to my FSX installation, but who knows?

Thank you again, Roman!

• Like 1

Supporter.png

John

I use the Traffic Toolbox and don't have issues despite installing all the latest Windows 10 updates.  Regardless, I'm glad you found your solution betelguese.

Sim: Prepar3D 5.2 (main) and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020), CH Eclipse Yoke, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA Side Stick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals, Saitek Cessna trim wheel, TrackIR 5, SPAD.neXt running 3 Saitek Logitech panels, ButtKicker Gamer 2, Razer Naga Chroma gaming mouse

System: Intel i5-10600K CPU @ 4.10 GHz, Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, 64GB DDR4 RAM @ 4200 MHz, ASRock Z490M Pro4, 2TB Intel NVMe SSD 660p, 3 monitors