Sign in to follow this  
mikeymike

RGB mode 4k 60hz

How do get to run 60 with full rgb mode 

I can run at it at 30hz

is it my HDMI 2.0 cable? 

Thoughts 

HDMI 2.0 can transmit 4k at 60Hz. Are you sure that the cable is actually HDMI 2.0 and not some cheap ripoff? There are loads of those circling in the market. It's a possibility that you also have to set some specifics in your monitor settings before you can run it at full specification. Driver corruption is another possibility and could be rectified by uninstalling with DDU and then reinstalling.

1 hour ago, Evros said:

HDMI 2.0 can transmit 4k at 60Hz. Are you sure that the cable is actually HDMI 2.0 and not some cheap ripoff? There are loads of those circling in the market. It's a possibility that you also have to set some specifics in your monitor settings before you can run it at full specification. Driver corruption is another possibility and could be rectified by uninstalling with DDU and then reinstalling.

Ok, thank you for your input.

ill have to dig deeper.

1 hour ago, mikeymike said:

Ok, thank you for your input.

ill have to dig deeper.

Ensure in your monitor settings it is set to use HDMI 2.0 and not HDMI 1.4. HDMI 2.0 delivers 60Hz. Regards.

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

50 minutes ago, Peter Webber said:

Ensure in your monitor settings it is set to use HDMI 2.0 and not HDMI 1.4. HDMI 2.0 delivers 60Hz. Regards.

Thank you 

15 hours ago, Peter Webber said:

That indeed was the issue 

all fixed 

thank you 

15 hours ago, Peter Webber said:

all fixed 

thank you 

14 hours ago, mikeymike said:

all fixed 

thank you 

Pleasure. I personally keep my monitor at 30Hz since I use vsynch in P3D settings and my sim runs smoothly at 30 fps. If you do a search in the forums, this is the recommended setup (but I guess each persons system is different).

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

3 hours ago, Peter Webber said:

Pleasure. I personally keep my monitor at 30Hz since I use vsynch in P3D settings and my sim runs smoothly at 30 fps. If you do a search in the forums, this is the recommended setup (but I guess each persons system is different).

I did use that method with my prior 4790k rig.

now I have it set at 60hz with frame limiter set to 30.5 in Nvidia inspector.

and it’s working well.

3 hours ago, Peter Webber said:

I did use that method with my prior 4790k rig.

now I have it set at 60hz with frame limiter set to 30.5 in Nvidia inspector.

and it’s working well.