Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

I take my Hat Off to Austin's Good Mood and sense of Humor!

I really laugh when I watch some of these videos, because Austin's enthusiasm and good mood is contagious!

It actually activates my interest in that strict brain network still apt to process anything regarding "civil flight simulation", and I not only watch with interest his essays on aerodynamics and porting some new features to XP11 / 12, but it makes me feel  how different XP's World really is simply because we have such a core dev behind the project, and that's really when I realize that nothing - not even that hyped FS2020 - can actually pose any threat to X-Plane.

Yoke comparison

Edited by jcomm
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

X-plane will be my simulator forever. FS2020 will be for the rich people. Microsoft products and addons are not free or cheap.

Well said, jcomm. I salute you.

• Like 1

You wonder what he had before he had the coffee.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

38 minutes ago, Colonel X said:

You wonder what he had before he had the coffee.

That did come into my mind 😂

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

There is no threat to XP , it's  us who give that impression. A product not even released has already taken the top spot in this simming world by watching the amazing trailers, yes it has the best visuals but there is more to flight simming than just that.

i can say i am highly impressed too by what Austin is giving us pre 11.40. 

Edited by HumptyDumpty
  • Like 2

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

I do believe that developers are passionate about their products, but Austin is taking this to an entirely new level. And I bet he's high on all the sugar in these industrialized coffee drinks.

• Like 1

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

15 hours ago, jcomm said:

I really laugh when I watch some of these videos, because Austin's enthusiasm and good mood is contagious!

It actually activates my interest in that strict brain network still apt to process anything regarding "civil flight simulation", and I not only watch with interest his essays on aerodynamics and porting some new features to XP11 / 12, but it makes me feel  how different XP's World really is simply because we have such a core dev behind the project, and that's really when I realize that nothing - not even that hyped FS2020 - can actually pose any threat to X-Plane.

Yoke comparison

you will jump ship after the launch of FS2020😂 seriously have you seen the dev videos....noone will hardly fly xp11 or p3d after 2021 and beyond...i'm sorry but everyone loves smooth graphics, beautiful default scenery/ATC/Weather/etc. and a developer worth BILLIONS GAZILLIONS of $$$$$$$$$$$..Micrsoft will be the leader in flight simulation.  XP11 is behind on so many things and P3Dv4 is an upgraded FSX that needs $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ of addons to look good.

1 hour ago, Arthur42417 said:

you will jump ship after the launch of FS2020😂 seriously have you seen the dev videos....noone will hardly fly xp11 or p3d after 2021 and beyond...i'm sorry but everyone loves smooth graphics, beautiful default scenery/ATC/Weather/etc. and a developer worth BILLIONS GAZILLIONS of $$$$$$$$$$$..Micrsoft will be the leader in flight simulation.  XP11 is behind on so many things and P3Dv4 is an upgraded FSX that needs $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ of addons to look good.

Austin and his staff have been hearing that for 25 years.  

19 minutes ago, GoranM said:

People have been hearing about electric cars for 25 years too.

58 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Ok?  

1 hour ago, GoranM said:

And Austin claims since 25 years that x-plane will leapfrog the current MS flightsim with his next version....it never happened. Only when MS stopped developing flightsims he could finally catch up.

I see the old MSFS vs X-Plane debates will be making a strong comeback, thanks to the FS2020 fans.  No one is holding a gun to your head.  If you feel FS2020 is calling your name, by all means, get it and hope for the best.  But you're living in a fantasy world if you think everyone, or most people in the community will leave X-Plane.  

X-Plane will continue, no matter how badly you don't want it to.   

Edited by GoranM
  • Like 7
  • Upvote 1

On 11/2/2019 at 5:52 AM, FDEdev said:

And Austin claims since 25 years that x-plane will leapfrog the current MS flightsim with his next version....it never happened. Only when MS stopped developing flightsims he could finally catch up.

Oh please not again.  please don't start this stupid sim comparisions. 

On 11/2/2019 at 4:42 AM, jabloomf1230 said:

?

On 11/2/2019 at 2:53 AM, Arthur42417 said:

think even a new born child has seen the devs videos.

Edited by HumptyDumpty
  • Upvote 2

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Well, main aim of the OP is still valid - that Austin has a nice sense of humor and he's latest videos, where he details some rather interesting features he's working on for XP11 and future versions, are interesting to watch.

This can only be good for the XP user community, because those are features that are important for fine tuning of the flight dynamics models and at the same time shows that the fact that MS is going to bring a new simulator to the market isn't causing any sort of demotivation to him.

There's no comparison intended with other platforms. It's just one more simulator under active development, just as , DCS World ( including the intention to cover the whole World, and create a much more detailled weather engine ), IL-2 Great Battles with 2 maps about to reach final release and new aircraft modules already announced and waiting for a new theatre to be announced too, War Thunder which has just got yet another "nation" ( Sweden ), Bush Flight Simulator which we haven't heard that much about but is still under development, and, of course, the icon civil flight sim in it's new encarnation, not to mention the mobile simulators, which I skip because I do not own a smartphone...

Edited by jcomm
  • Upvote 2

Main Simulation Rig:

15 hours ago, Arthur42417 said:

Your toxic tone is not how one should behave in forums. Especially considering this is the X-Plane forum. Suggest you don't write here if you are not interested in XP. Thank you.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 6

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]