Sign in to follow this  
corkyo4

FJS 727/737

Noting that the FlyJSim 737 and 727 are two different aircraft and can't be compared like for like on a type basis. Does anyone have any views on the general performance/level of immersion/bugs/reliability of each.

I am torn between both and really it will come down to whether one has any significant flaws which will ruin the experience and de-value the cost to purchase.

They have both had updates in August this year, has this made any difference? If there is no discernible difference between them, I may lean towards the 727 as I already have Zibo for a 737 option, albeit this is a more modern representation. But having read a couple of reviews on the 727 there are suggestions it is unfinished in places.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks

Tom

Tom

Why not read some useful tips and tricks - http://forum.avsim.n...22#entry1965722

Like most of the offerings, the FJS 732 and 721/22 are essentially works in progress.  I have both v3's and expect there'll be upgrades for which they'll extract some cash.  Right now they're fairly complex and fly well.

I don't have the 727 but I own the 737 and love it. In fact I've literally  just done a quick circuit in the 737 in VR now and turned the sim off and that's why this thread caught my eye. I've not used it in a while and I'd forgotten how good it was, especially in VR.

I think they were/are on sale at 25% off.

I steered away from the 727 because of it being a 3 crew aircraft and didn't want the complexity of also playing flight engineer. 

It's a proper old school noisy analogue jet, which requires a bit of though to fly in IMC, if that's what you're after I doubt you'll find anything better.

• Like 1

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

I have both; you can't lose here.  As Jon B notes the 727 has a higher workload but not to the point that it makes things unpleasant.  For me there are a lot of twin jet options so the tri jet is relatively unique; I enjoy the L1011 and MD11 for this reason as well.  So it's a matter of preference - for me, I bought the 727 first and was pleased enough that I picked up the 737 later.

Hans Soule

The 727 is pretty spot on. There are a few things here and there that could be better, but compared to the real thing, I can't complain.

-Chris Crawford

-ATP/MEL

- B737 / B777 / B-727 / EMB-145 / LR-JET

Thanks all. It’s a nightmare having so many good addons to choose from. Just seen the FFA350 ahhh the options.

i think 727 will be my next purchase! 

Edited by corkyo4

Tom

Why not read some useful tips and tricks - http://forum.avsim.n...22#entry1965722

The A350 is obviously cutting edge compared to the early Boeings, I have the FFA350 myself and I like it but the flyjsim stuff has a much better and more realistic ambience I'd say.

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

Enjoy both aircraft, which need your constant attention in respect of nailing the right manoeuvring speeds for climb and descent,

totally immersive, also the choices of using  VOR, INS, or XP FMC for good old fashioned navigation.