Sign in to follow this  
betelgeuse

DB: Is EGNS in the current RXP GNS database?

I use the original GNS530 in FSX. The worldwide.bin database up to May 2018 does not include EGNS, Ronaldsway, Isle of Man.

This is not some tiny airport with a grass runway in the back of beyond. It handles A319s and sometimes A320s to Luton and Belfast. There are routes to London City, Glasgow, Dublin, Manchester and elsewhere. 

Is this airport included in the database supplied with the V2 version, and also with the GTN750?

Thanks.

Supporter.png

John

I switched to a 2016 database and EGNS is there. Not sure why it's been dropped from later databases - it has a 7000ft runway.

The question remains.  Is EGNS in the current RXP GNS database?

Edited by betelgeuse

Supporter.png

John

The database is a Garmin issue - it is their database that the RXP GNS uses.

David Porrett

1 hour ago, DavidP said:

The database is a Garmin issue - it is their database that the RXP GNS uses.

I am aware of that. I will re-phrase. Is EGNS in the Garmin database? 

Put another way, how can I find out which airports, navaids etc are included in the Garmin database used by RXP in their GNS530 V2?

Supporter.png

John

22 minutes ago, betelgeuse said:

I am aware of that

My apologies

22 minutes ago, betelgeuse said:

how can I find out which airports, navaids etc are included in the Garmin database used by RXP in their GNS530 V2

The only way is to search via the GNS. There is no listing of included airports to my knowledge.

• Like 1

David Porrett

Many thanks.

These Garmin databases are infuriating. Some of them are for North America only.  Some are for airports which only have runways more than 4000 feet.

But Garmin doesn't bother making lists so we know what 's what!  Grrr!!  🙄

Supporter.png

John

They did it due to file size limitations. I believe worldwide databases exclude runways < 4000 feet and regional databases contain all within the region. I notice this with my real databases - my Pacific regional has airports the worldwide does not.

Edited by DavidP

David Porrett

6 hours ago, DavidP said:

They did it due to file size limitations. I believe worldwide databases exclude runways < 4000 feet and regional databases contain all within the region. I notice this with my real databases - my Pacific regional has airports the worldwide does not.

Yes, of course! IFile size. I don't mind admitting that I have a lifelong habit of overlooking the obvious. I try to compensate by admitting this failing. 🙄

The other fact which I've overlooked is that Garmin is not in the business of making databases for flight simulation enthusiasts.

If I paid for their databases, I could have them! 

Supporter.png

John

If you fly in Europe, you should be looking for a European regional database, or go back to the 1513 WW database..

Bert