Sign in to follow this  
Bachian

Flight1 GTN750 DCT TO button not working

Does anyone using Flight1 GTN750 has the DCT TO button not working?

All softwares are updated: Lear 35A v4.2G, GTN 750 v1.16, P3D v4.5 HF2. 

Felipe Bachian
I7 4790K@4.6 / ASUS ATX Maximus VII Ranger / 32GB (4x8) 1866Mhz DDR3 Corsair Vengeance / EVGA GTX 1070 6Gb / 2x 480Gb SSD
Honneycomb Alpha Yoke + CH Throttle Quadrant + Saitek Multi Panel + CH Pro Pedals + Logitech Extreme 3D Pro

Not a prob with my 750 button, hope you get it figured!

1 hour ago, Bachian said:

Does anyone using Flight1 GTN750 has the DCT TO button not working?

All softwares are updated: Lear 35A v4.2G, GTN 750 v1.16, P3D v4.5 HF2. 

Mine will only work if I pop it out. It does not work clicking directly if it's docked in panel. 

Mario Di Lauro

Just now, tamsini said:

Mine will only work if I pop it out. It does not work clicking directly if it's docked in panel. 

Exactly the same here. Let's hope there is a solution for that.

Felipe Bachian
I7 4790K@4.6 / ASUS ATX Maximus VII Ranger / 32GB (4x8) 1866Mhz DDR3 Corsair Vengeance / EVGA GTX 1070 6Gb / 2x 480Gb SSD
Honneycomb Alpha Yoke + CH Throttle Quadrant + Saitek Multi Panel + CH Pro Pedals + Logitech Extreme 3D Pro

1 hour ago, Bachian said:

Exactly the same here. Let's hope there is a solution for that.

This seems to have been a general problem with the Flight1 GTN750 for quite a while with a number of a/c by different developers. It has been discussed on the Flight1 GTN forum, but I am not aware of any solution.

https://www.simforums.com/forums/home-and-d-button-in-the-vc-view_topic61795_post394742.html?KW=Home#394742

I have the same issue with the RXP GTN750. I also have a similar problem with the Home button, especially the 'Go to map' aspect. Again, all works fine in the 2D popup. I have found multiple button clicks sometimes works, but certainly not reliably. Frustrating to say the least.

Al

Edited by ark

2 hours ago, ark said:

I have the same issue with the RXP GTN750. I also have a similar problem with the Home button, especially the 'Go to map' aspect.

This is usually due to fixed panel bezels provided for the various aircraft by the creators of those aircraft models.  If you do a bit of poking around here in the RXP support forums you will find an .xml file/gauge that corrects this for all (that I am aware of) aircraft and the RXP GTN units.  Do a search for "f1vc.xml". 

Sorry, I am not aware of a resolution for F1 units.  For budget reasons I stayed with the F1 GTN 750 for a full year following the RXP GTN 750 release.  Once I switched I found continuous updating of the RXP products including implementation of updated Garmin GTN trainers and the updated databases included by Garmin with those new versions of trainers.  Though I believe the .xml  file/gauge was put together by a team of users with perhaps a dose of encouragement!

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

3 hours ago, ark said:

This seems to have been a general problem with the Flight1 GTN750 for quite a while with a number of a/c by different developers. It has been discussed on the Flight1 GTN forum, but I am not aware of any solution.

https://www.simforums.com/forums/home-and-d-button-in-the-vc-view_topic61795_post394742.html?KW=Home#394742

I have the same issue with the RXP GTN750. I also have a similar problem with the Home button, especially the 'Go to map' aspect. Again, all works fine in the 2D popup. I have found multiple button clicks sometimes works, but certainly not reliably. Frustrating to say the least.

Al

I thought this was a F1 related issue, but since you say RXP also has the same issue, this make think it's something related to the Garmin Simulator software.

Felipe Bachian

4 hours ago, fppilot said:

Do a search for "f1vc.xml". 

Hi Frank. Thanks for the info on this fix! I tried it in the Lear35 with the RXP GTN750 and now one click works for the Home and Direct To functions. What doesn't work is Holding down the Home button to open up the map. Does that work for you?

Also, could you elaborate a bit on the 'big picture' regarding the f1vc.xml file. From what I can make out, it seems it started out to be a way to use the RXP GTN750 with the Flight1 GTN750 bezel. Is this because users wanted to use the RXP GTN750 in a/c that were only designed for using the Flight1 GTN750 in the panel?

When using f1vc.xml with the Lear which is already setup for the RXP GTN750, does the bezel in the Lear get changed to a Flight1 bezel? Is there a visual difference between the two bezels?

Thx,

Al

Edited by ark

1 hour ago, ark said:

Is this because users wanted to use the RXP GTN750 in a/c that were only designed for using the Flight1 GTN750 in the panel?

Yes.  The F1 preceded the RXP and some aircraft publishers wrote in, or added F1 GTN support.  But then they faded away in regard to dedicated GTN support before the RXP versions were released.  It is pretty easy to replace the various F1 GTN implementations as the units are or should be the same size and dimensions, but the various hard coded bezels stood in the way. 

In a perfect world the aircraft providers would have addressed the issue with additional bezels, but those providers have kept focus on ongoing efforts for newer aircraft as the revenue from those newer aircraft keep them alive.  And as supporting enthusiast, we need that! So no complaints from me.  Fortunately as a user community we have found solutions!

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

3 minutes ago, fppilot said:

Yes.  The F1 preceded the RXP and some aircraft publishers wrote in, or added F1 GTN support. 

I have now tried the button fix on the FSW Lear35, Falcon50, MU-2 and C402. On the first two a/c, the buttons work with a single click, and on the last two a/c, it takes a double click (and the Hold for map function doesn't work on any of the a/c). What is interesting is, the MU-2 and C402 are older a/c as far as FSW goes, and they both require the double click. Makes me wonder if they have something in common design-wise that causes this.

Again, thanks for the info, much appreciated.

Al

i also noted this problem on F1 GTN. I’m able to use the butons by double clicking it. A short first click followed by a longer one usually work.

Pierre

P3D when its freezing in Quebec....well, that's most of the time...
C-GDXL based at CYQB for real flying when its warming up...