Sign in to follow this  
a250gpguy

GTN 750-650 / Milviz Bell 407 / FSX:Se probs

Hey all;

I installed the RXP GTN _NO BEZEL units into the Milviz Bell407 by following the Cheyenne Guide and as far as display in the VC they look great...Hoever I have 2 problems that I cannot find solutions for.

1. The Touch Screens are not responsive in VC. The touch screens work just fine in the Popup windows however...Is this a gauge reflections issue? I cannot find that thread for the life of me to learn how to turn off gauge reflections please help..

2. I cannot access the RXP Gauge Settings menu by any method of Shift+mouse click or CTRL+ mouse click, either on the VC panel or the popup window. I can resize and move the popup window with Shift+left click no problems...The only menu that displays with Shift or CTRL plus mouse clicks is the basic FSX-Se menu (dock undock etc)

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the gauges and aircraft. This is the newest Trainer (just bought in the last week)...and on Win10 with all AV, Firewalls OFF and installed as admin... 

FYI I used exactly the same exact install process on the Milviz 1Otter with zero issues at all...  

Hi,

most likely there is another transparent gauge above ours which is intercepting the clicks. It is often the case where developers implement a "gauge popup toggle" feature in the form of an additional gauge on top.

you might want to review the panel.cfg for such gauges both in the VC and in the popup window.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Thanks Jon-Luc....I will take a look at that and report back

If this is the case should I then just amend the "gauge popup toggle" to false or no or whatever the current opposite value should be? (ie: if its there and shows "true", amend to "false"), or should I backup the file and then remove the whole entry and re-save?

Ch

if there is any such gauge, just prepend the line where it is with //

like so:

//gauge01=MyCoolGauge!WithAClickSpotPreventingTouchScreenOnTheNiceRXPProduct, 0, 0, 100, 100

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

1 hour ago, RXP said:

//gauge01=MyCoolGauge!WithAClickSpotPreventingTouchScreenOnTheNiceRXPProduct, 0, 0, 100, 100

LOLZ..thats a good laugh title there...I did some digging in the panel folders...this AC has many many of those...In some of them I found this entry..

IS this what you were referring to? I have yet to see anything "popup" titled at all this is the closest I've seen to such a description 

gauge00=F1GTN!GTN750,  0,0,500,586,UNIT1.POP

[Window02]
Background_color=0,0,0 
size_mm=937,390
position=7
visible=0
ident=14403
window_size= 0.340, 0.260
window_pos= 0.660, 0.740
zorder=99

gauge00=F1GTN!GTN650, 0,0,937,390,UNIT1.POP

[Vcockpit01]
file=Bell_407.bmp 
Background_color=0,0,0 
size_mm=1024,1024
visible=1
pixel_size=1024,1024
texture=$Bell_407

On 11/1/2019 at 6:43 PM, a250gpguy said:

I installed the RXP GTN _NO BEZEL units into the Milviz Bell407 by following the Cheyenne Guide and as far as display in the VC they look great...Hoever I have 2 problems that I cannot find solutions for.

52 minutes ago, a250gpguy said:

gauge00=F1GTN!GTN650, 0,0,937,390,UNIT1.POP

It doesn't look like the Reality XP GTN gauge was configured in the panel.cfg file?!

1 hour ago, RXP said:

It doesn't look like the Reality XP GTN gauge was configured in the panel.cfg file?!

How to fix? Run the GTN executable again?

In the main AC folder there is a RealityXP.GTN config file. That file is not in ANY panel.cfg files regardless of their names

ch