Sign in to follow this  
Mucker

Tech Alpha 1 to start mid Nov

(10 to 14 days) Thank you Microsoft for the update.

Edit:

That's 10-14 days from November 8, making it November 18-22. Thanks @David Mills

Edited by Mucker

10 minutes ago, Mucker said:

(10 to 14 days) Thank you Microsoft for the update.

That's 10-14 days from November 8, making it November 18-22.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

After this puzzling delay, I was suspecting something along these lines.......

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

As someone mentioned on Reddit, sounds like they had a few problems on the latest compile of their build, hence why it has been a bit up in the air and explains the "hard at work running Tech Alpha 1 through final testing (again)"

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

If I don't get in.....NO ONE GETS IN! muhahaha!

• Like 3

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

3 hours ago, David Mills said:

That's 10-14 days from November 8, making it November 18-22.

Yes I stand corrected, I will edit my post. Thanks.

Let me make a blind guess to explain the temporary delay in the release of Tech Alpha 1. First of all, I have no inside knowledge at all and, if I did, I certainly wouldn't disclose that information publicly because I wouldn't want to violate any kind of NDA. So here is my (probably wrong) guess to explain the momentary delay.

Perhaps the people who were selected for the Alpha 1 testing were selected, not because of their expertise nor because of their system hardware or anything like that. Perhaps they were selected instead primarily because of their geographical locations. If the testers are given the freedom to fly anywhere on earth during the Alpha test, that would not be as specific a test as being limited to your own geographic area. You are obviously more familiar with your own geographic area than you are with remote areas far away. So perhaps you'll be limited to your own locality. (One of the questions, remember, was "Do you prefer to fly in your local area?") This might explain why many people, whose expertise would be universally attested by this online community, were disappointed that they were not selected for the first round of testing. Perhaps they live in regions where numerous others had also signed up for the Tech Alpha 1. In other words, many people were left out simply because other people in their regions had signed up and would therefore be redundantly testing the identical scenery. (Again, my speculation here is probably totally wrong).

Now, if different people would be testing different regions, then their Tech Alpha downloads (or at least their online connections to the server) would also have to be slightly different. Perhaps the Flight Sim team was surprised by two factors during the Tech Alpha sign-up period: 1) They were surprised by the number of people who signed up. 2) They were surprised by the almost-suicidal wails of anguish from those who weren't initially sent invitations. So, perhaps, the Team decided to expand the number of testers and, thus, had to recalculate and redo which particular regions were released to which particular Alpha testers. This database update would be a complicated process. If everyone were going to receive the identical download, there might not have been a delay. But because of the number of testers -- and the "fact" that different testers will have access to different regions to fly in -- the Team needed more time to sort everything out properly. Whatever the reasons for the delay, the final program will be worth waiting for. The Team has already beautifully demonstrated that they will be delivering a superb and revolutionary product. I can't wait!

• Like 1

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

5 hours ago, simtom said:

I hope this person made a real effort at staying anonymous.  So much for NDA's.

• Like 4

\Robert Hamlich/