Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

Elite: Dangerous - Playing with Nvidia's new filters

Now that Nvidia have released the option to activate custom Reshade filters, one wonders when/if these will become available for sims........

New options are always good.....

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Would be neat.  Maybe we can use these reshade filters already, if they're at the driver-level?

That Elite Dangerous looks fun.  I'd probably buy it, if I had time to play it.  I played the original Elite, and then Frontier: Elite II way back when.  That looks kinda like the old Cobra Mk3 ship.  Vaguely.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

7 minutes ago, Mace said:

Would be neat.  Maybe we can use these reshade filters already, if they're at the driver-level?

That Elite Dangerous looks fun.  I'd probably buy it, if I had time to play it.  I played the original Elite, and then Frontier: Elite II way back when.  That looks kinda like the old Cobra Mk3 ship.  Vaguely.

During Steam Sales Elite can be purchased very cheaply. You just missed the halloween sale where it was $8.99

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Just now, HiFlyer said:

During Steam Sales Elite can be purchased very cheaply. You just missed the halloween sale where it was $8.99

Is there any kind of subscription?

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Just now, Mace said:

Is there any kind of subscription?

Nope. 

Devons rig

Wow!!!  The last time I played Elite it looked like this:

frontier-elite-2-GL-edition-for-AmigaX86

On on Commodore Amiga.  I thought it looked so awesome, so immersive, so much better than the original Elite.

elite_C64_anflug.png

Edited by stans
  • Like 2

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

2 hours ago, stans said:

On on Commodore Amiga.  I thought it looked so awesome, so immersive, so much better than the original Elite.

And of course nowadays we have VR and Voice Attack, taking the immersion to nearly unbelievable levels.

Devons rig

I've not play ED for months. What ship is that I guess it's new? 

14ppkc-6.png

Which ship? In which video!? 🤔😃

In the second vid, its an Asp explorer.

The first vid is my new ride: The Krait!

Devons rig

20 hours ago, HiFlyer said:

And of course nowadays we have VR and Voice Attack, taking the immersion to nearly unbelievable levels.

Oh, wow!!!!!!

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

On 11/2/2019 at 9:34 AM, stans said:

Wow!!!  The last time I played Elite it looked like this:

By the way, In the original game, did the Thargoids yank people out of witchspace and scare the bejeebers out of them like this?

Devons rig

4 hours ago, HiFlyer said:

By the way, In the original game, did the Thargoids yank people out of witchspace and scare the bejeebers out of them like this?

Yes, they did! It was as scary back then as it is now. 

• Like 1

Found this on the YouTubes.

Going up against Thargoids was dangerous business and without mining lasers, your odds of surviving the encounter were not good.

54 minutes ago, stans said:

Going up against Thargoids was dangerous business and without mining lasers, your odds of surviving the encounter were not good.

Wow..... those graphics are AWFUL!! 😨

I wonder if a few decades from now, people will be smirking at how awful MS2020's graphics will seem then.

Devons rig

36 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

Wow..... those graphics are AWFUL!! 😨

I wonder if a few decades from now, people will be smirking at how awful MS2020's graphics will seem then.

I'd say most likely "yes".  Computer technology marches onward.