Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

Elite: Dangerous - Playing with Nvidia's new filters

On 11/2/2019 at 10:55 AM, HiFlyer said:

During Steam Sales Elite can be purchased very cheaply. You just missed the halloween sale where it was $8.99

I didn't - got it for $A10.50 - and it is the very latest update  - love the graphics -

but haven't tried it fully yet - because I am still trying to sort out my XP 11 resolution problems - 

(they are still in the 1K res systems) - so I might just back out from XP and start on Elite)

I also bought the complete Thrustmaster 16000 set to go with it - since that seemed to be the one most recommended

and it goes well with IL2 COD blitz.

What are these new N Vidia filters - I use a 43" Hisense 4K HDR10 monitor via N vidia GTX 1050TI

Should I try them ??

Edited by jaytee73

12 minutes ago, jaytee73 said:

I didn't - got it for $A10.50 - and it is the very latest update  - love the graphics -

but haven't tried it fully yet - because I am still trying to sort out my XP 11 resolution problems - 

(they are still in the 1K res systems) - so I might just back out from XP and start on Elite)

I also bought the complete Thrustmaster 16000 set to go with it - since that seemed to be the one most recommended

and it goes well with IL2 COD blitz.

What are these new N Vidia filters - I use a 43" Hisense 4K HDR10 monitor via N vidia GTX 1050TI

Should I try them ??

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

On 11/2/2019 at 10:55 AM, HiFlyer said:

During Steam Sales Elite can be purchased very cheaply. You just missed the halloween sale where it was $8.99

Well here's one who didn't miss it - but now I look at it - and wonder where to start??

- and thinks ?? - maybe it is too much for my 85 yo brain box

So why did I buy it - I just loved the graphics on all the UTube vids - and I already had the 

Thrust master 16000 set up - and a spare TM hotas 4 - and a 43"4K HDR10 monitor - 

and my 3 sons ( 60 - 57 - 55) were playing it - but they wont help their old man😪

6 minutes ago, jaytee73 said:

Well here's one who didn't miss it - but now I look at it - and wonder where to start??

- and thinks ?? - maybe it is too much for my 85 yo brain box

So why did I buy it - I just loved the graphics on all the UTube vids - and I already had the 

Thrust master 16000 set up - and a spare TM hotas 4 - and a 43"4K HDR10 monitor - 

and my 3 sons ( 60 - 57 - 55) were playing it - but they wont help their old man😪

Very recently, in the last month or so, many training missions were added specifically for people daunted by the learning curve.

I suggest starting there.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

2 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

Very recently, in the last month or so, many training missions were added specifically for people daunted by the learning curve.

I suggest starting there.

Thanks hi flyer - will do - assuming they are in game tutorials??

was just watching your N vidia reply utube - maybe use to help the XP11 to upscale its 1 K to my 4K monitor

1 minute ago, jaytee73 said:

Thanks hi flyer - will do - assuming they are in game tutorials??

was just watching your N vidia reply utube - maybe use to help the XP11 to upscale its 1 K to my 4K monitor

Yes they are in Game tutorials. I just added a video to give you an idea of what to expect.

Devons rig