Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

Aerofly FS 2: Freeware Tecnam 2008 Project

Coming along nicely from its first beginnings.

The ongoing posts and the pictures below chronicle the continuing progress from sydel7912, who previously brought us the remarkable freeware Cessna C-152

Developement thread is here: https://www.aerofly.com/community/forum/index.php?thread/14923-tecnam-p2008-project/

17905-aircraft2-jpg

18126-tec01-jpg

18333-p208-3-jpg

18897-p2008-01-jpg

19050-p2008-map1-jpg

19066-p2008night-jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Further work in progress: She's up and Flying!

• Like 2

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Update by the developer, sydel7912 on his ongoing project:

https://www.aerofly.com/community/forum/index.php?thread/14923-tecnam-p2008-project/&postID=86520#post86520

Hello everyone,

A little feedback of last week's work. I have focused on the TMD, especially the fuel system. I now have a nice almost perfect fuel system with :

- fuel consumption from left or right tank depending on the selected tank (quite basic you will say);

- the engine will fail if the usable fuel is burned in the selected tank (about 3% unusable);

-the tanks can be refueled. I have setup a minimum security rules for that :

1) the fuel selector must be set to off position

2) the battery switch must be set to off

So this means you better check your tanks before take-off if you don't want problems during your flight. No panic though, with full tanks you have about 4 hours range.

The tanks can be refueled separately. To refuel one tank, you simply click on the needle of tank you want to refuel.

Jet-Pack : I have a problem with the refilling function which I have copied and fine tuned from the Just FLight Cessna 152. Once a tank is refilled it seems that it is overfilled. I can fly one hour without seeing the needle moving a yota. I have not checked this on the C152, maybe it's the same.

So the state of the plane so far:

- modelling 100% finished. At least I decided so. You can always add a screw here, a bolt there, but the time has come to say stop;

- texturing is 99% finished for the cockpit including specular, ambient, reflections and normal mapping. Still some work on the exterior textures...

- last but not least, add a few liveries. If you guys, have some special repaints in mind, please let me know. if possible add some detailed pictures.

What about a release date? Well, it's almost Christmas, you might have a little surprise below the Xmas tree.

• Like 2

Devons rig

Progress on exterior bump maps:

XMCmPK.jpg

nms1jE.jpg

vyaLHO.jpg

TH08FC.jpg

• Like 2

Devons rig

2 hours ago, TomSimMuc said:

The bird is now downloadable for free:

https://flight-sim.org/filebase/index.php?entry/694-tecnam-p2008/

MgorGs.jpg

aZ2bL7.jpg

QQ6Dbj.jpg

xV4SK7.jpg

XtP51J.jpg

eNRT5Z.jpg

1ecoEr.jpg

iXi6Rz.jpg

jVU5Cr.jpg

2qsVkW.jpg

EWlfTn.jpg

Pym1fW.jpg

tyvB5Y.jpg

k8ivzH.jpg

ksD6t8.jpg

ssJBP1.jpg

PrGbkE.jpg

• Like 1

Devons rig

What a really good plane! Just cannot believe it was free. Thank you.

This actually is a nice little plane! I wish every freeware release for AFS2 would have this quality. It's not a plane I will be flying much (I prefer planes that keep me busy like the Q400) but it's a nice one to have.

Excellent work. But unfortunately, this simulator is dead and stopped in time. iPacs is extremely incompetent and does not add important features that have been promised since the launch of the simulator. That's why the user base is getting smaller and smaller. And that's why Orbx gave up and hasn't launched scenarios for the aerofly.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, SSF said:

Excellent work. But unfortunately, this simulator is dead and stopped in time. iPacs is extremely incompetent and does not add important features that have been promised since the launch of the simulator. That's why the user base is getting smaller and smaller. And that's why Orbx gave up and hasn't launched scenarios for the aerofly.

I think they (IPACS) are very competent in terms of a powerful, outstanding and smooth graphics engine, which is uncomparable on the sim market. 

And they are the best of the best in terms of optimization, far ahead to any other flight sim company out there (not only my personal opinion, but others like ORBX's acclaimed Jarrad Marshal will tell you the same).  And its probably the smoothest flightsim in the VR arena... .

But: it's one of the worst sims in the field of immersion, game play and variety (even only one summer day all years long; since the first release of Aerofly FS 1 in 2012; barely and poor weather depection).  And, the developers do not listen to the majority of customer's wishes, they prefer to make their own thing (or not), and nobody really knows what's coming next.

Their communication with us customers is one of the worst, but it has improved compared to the beginnings.

And the main reason why ORBX has ceased development for AFS2 is because of the dramatically low sales figure, according to John Venema.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KBUR said:

I think they (IPACS) are very competent in terms of a powerful, outstanding and smooth graphics engine, which is uncomparable on the sim market. 

And they are the best of the best in terms of optimization, far ahead to any other flight sim company out there (not only my personal opinion, but others like ORBX's acclaimed Jarrad Marshal will tell you the same).  And its probably the smoothest flightsim in the VR arena... .

But: it's one of the worst sims in the field of immersion, game play and variety (even only one summer day all years long; since the first release of Aerofly FS 1 in 2012; barely and poor weather depection).  And, the developers do not listen to the majority of customer's wishes, they prefer to make their own thing (or not), and nobody really knows what's coming next.

Their communication with us customers is one of the worst, but it has improved compared to the beginnings.

And the main reason why ORBX has ceased development for AFS2 is because of the dramatically low sales figure, according to John Venema.

Yes, I agree. The graphics engine is good and I always thought the simulator was very promising.

When I say they are incompetent, it's just the negative points you quoted. This pushes away buyers and with a small user base, developers (ORBX) give up.

• Like 1