Sign in to follow this  
annber

Technical support, South Bimini & Cat Cay

Hi, this section is dedicated to addressing all questions regarding scenery installation, compatibility issues, or other issues encountered.

Bernardo Bersik

PhotoSim Labs

There have been two issues reported so far.

-the lack of shadows at MYCC. It has been looked at and solved. A new MYCC ground poly has been created and will be available for download.

-a report of airplane crashing upon loading the scenery at active runway. It is the first time that has been reported, and so far involves one user. I am not able to replicate that, but it is being looked at. User comments: 

I seem to have a bit of a problem with my new scenery, when I load in a flight at MYBS (active runway) right after the flight loads the plane crashes, I don't even have time to start the engines . It just says "Crashed". Any ideas?

Edited by annber

Bernardo Bersik

PhotoSim Labs

10 hours ago, annber said:

-a report of airplane crashing upon loading the scenery at active runway. It is the first time that has been reported, and so far involves one user. I am not able to replicate that, but it is being looked at. User comments: 

I seem to have a bit of a problem with my new scenery, when I load in a flight at MYBS (active runway) right after the flight loads the plane crashes, I don't even have time to start the engines . It just says "Crashed". Any ideas?

Hello Bernardo, thank you for making this forum.

This is my issue (Rob), 

It seems to happen with every plane I load so it must be a scenery/elevation issue, I have a TON of scenery, (and I do fly with crash detection, I just like the extra realism.)

I have installed:

Everything from Orbx Global

About 90% of Orbx NA (to much to mention)

LatinVFR Key West KEYW

FlyTampa St Marteen

Pilots Global MESH (The latest one)

LatinVFR TXKF Bermuda

and a TON of other airports in North America and Europe

NOTE: I have not yet run the elevation tool from Orbx Vector yet,

I can make a short video (I'll remove all the loading screens yada) if needed. BUT please take a look at my scenery list, maybe this can give a clue to why I'm having this issue:

Should I move these down under the Orbx stuff?

hkKgmkR.jpg

Edited by JimBeamBlack

Rob Comfort

Hi Rob,

I will work on my end and send you a file to try in a day or so, although it will be hard since I can't duplicate even with crash detection on. Try running the Orbx elevation tool and let me know. Several users of South Bimini & Cat Cay do own Orbx as well, so I doubt they are the culprit.

You do have Pilots Global mesh, I don't use that. try deactivating that mesh and see.

Have you tried loading at gate 1 in South Bimini? If not please try doing that as well, and just in case, deactivate LVFR Key West and Bermuda, one at a time though.

Thanks for your patience Rob,

Bernardo.

Bernardo Bersik

PhotoSim Labs

Hello Bernardo, I will try everything one at a time, It may take me a bit as I have to do some honey-do's today for the wife. So we have to run out for a bit right now, however I will try some of this later in the day, I'll let you know.

I did try to load a flight out of MYCC and it did the same thing, so it's not isolated at that airport only.

It must just be some kind of conflict with one of those other sceneries. I will find it.

I appreciate your time, and I will let you know as soon as I make some progress.

Rob

Edited by JimBeamBlack

Rob Comfort

Hi Rob,

looking back at my records while beta testing many months ago, there was someone that reported a similar issue of his plane “crashing” while loading. The solution was to turn crash detection off in Prepar3D settings. There are a few posts about similar issues with PMDG, and in P3D regarding complex addons, and while their advice is to turn crash detection off, I will continue to investigate and see what can be done.

It doesn’t seem to be an issue related to another addon.

i have asked a couple of ppl in the developing community to look into this as well.

however, as I said, for the time being, crash detection should be off when using my scenery.

additionally, while researching, I found this at Orbx:

Due to unresolved issues for P3D versions 2.4 and above, we recommend NZ Regions and Airports have crash detection disabled.

Edited by annber

Bernardo Bersik

PhotoSim Labs

Hello again Bernardo, I did some testing and I cannot find the issue. 

I tried turning off some scenery and turning the mesh resolution to different settings, I also tried several different aircraft.

I even tried starting in a parking spot: It just starts the flight and then the airplane crashes.

YJKfHSL.jpg

I haven't tried to turn off crash detection yet, I guess I'll try that next time, and I cant find a way to turn off the Global mesh.

Some searches on this issue does show that it could be some sort of mesh resolution issue, but who knows.

I DO remember one of the Orbx NA airport sceneries doing this on release about a year ago, they DID solve the issue with a patch but I don't remember what the cause was, I DO remember it was something very simple though. I'll see if I can find that old thread.   

Rob Comfort

Ok, I found the old thread over at Orbx, it shows that this type of crash is not uncommon in new scenery's and as the scenery designer says in this thread, "it's an easy fix".

It was the Orbx airport KACK designed by Bill Womack, the thread is here: https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/152040-kack-causing-planes-to-crash/

So he may be able to shed some light on why this happens.

I can fly with crash detection off around this area, but it would be cool if eventually it could be worked out.

Thanks Bernardo, I'm gonna go check out that shipwreck!!  

Hope this helps. 

Rob Comfort

I seem to have no airport buildings or roads on Bimini South (MYBS), but I have all the features of Cat Cay.... I installed per the instructions. Do I need to move those sceneries lower than Orbx stuff?