Sign in to follow this  
brucewtb

Have you flown FSX at DAWN?

Do yourself a favor, and if you haven't yet flown out of Juliana at about 6:05 -6:10AM, give it a try. Set your clock to around this time when the sun is just coming up in front of you, and check out the water, the sky, and the terrain just coming to life below.What a great experience! I used the one-man kite Glider to go low and slow, and enjoyed every moment.Usually I fly during the daylight hours so that I can see everything, but I was really missing so much by not giving DAWN a chance.Hurry up FSX, I'm ready!

Jigsaw,<>Not with stars visible with the sun above the horizon it doesn't! :-hmmmThat 'feature' has always bugged me and I hope it's fixed in FSX. The brighest star shouldn't be visible until well after sunset.It reminds me of the moon's first appearance in FS98. The clouds passed behind it! :-lolCheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Oh, I know those times (morning and evening) look great in FS9, and I have Active Sky, and just about every other addon. My thread question was simply said to "whett the appetite" for the future! I'm excited about the upcoming product. I also believe that as FSX matures, it will make FS9 look like FS 2000 and before. C'est le vie....and on with progress. The water in FSX looks extremely inviting and the shadows are incredible. We're all in for a treat. Stan

Guest cwright

>Not with stars visible with the sun above the horizon it>doesn't! :-hmmm>>That 'feature' has always bugged me and I hope it's fixed in>FSX. The brighest star shouldn't be visible until well after>sunset. It's always bugged me as well but I'm not very optimistic. It's certainly not fixed in the demo and it's probably quite a low priority 'feature'.... Best regards, Chris AutoStarX http://www.kline.demon.co.uk/AutoStarX.zip

Oh great! ;( "As real as it gets"? Sorry chaps, not until that feature is fixed.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest panda234

"Dawn and Dusk also look great with FS9"Not with the big squares in the water that dominate the visuals...billg

Guest lalo lolo1

Ha, if I only had FSX, or could get it from anywhere.Leo

As others have noted much the same as FS9 with FE/ASV. One odd thing with FSX at sunset (at least in the demo) is that you can get brilliant and quite unreal moonlight water reflections at sunset. When I first noticed this I thought it was the sun and became quite confused as I was looking east not west where the sun normally sets in my experience.Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."