Sign in to follow this  
Ted Stewart

Daylight saving time change hosed fs9

Hi,
Never had a problem with fs9 with this problem before.  After the dst change on sat nite, I turned on computer sunday morning and started fs9. It started generating scenery index's and then the scenery cfg as it has always done when the time change. This time right ater this fs9 did not do anything and I got the message your computer has run out of available memory and it exits right away. I have plenty of memory and hdd space. I had my last backup on Nov 2nd prior to time change and reinstalled the total backup of entire disk and restarted and fs9 worked fine. Changed the date to today Nov 4th and fs9 went through the entire process again  and same result as before-your computer has run out of available memory.
Anybody have a clue where to begin to debug this ?  Also prior to doing the complete disc backup I tried restoring only the fs9 folder which was 69 gb.

Thank-You

Do you have Malwarebytes running in the background?  I recently traced a similar out-of-memory message when using certain Imaginesim airports to the fact that Malwarebytes was blocking/quarantining parts of the installer.  Otherwise, no idea about the time zone issue.

John G.

That's interesting. I just installed imaginesims  KCVG. I do not have Malwarebytes installed but have spyhunter installed but it is disabled. This is driving me nuts.  If I restore disc to Nov.2nd all works fine. Nov 3rd and out of memory.  KCVG works fine ?