Sign in to follow this  
ctstech25

[Resolved] Is AILRP compatible with REX Skyforce 3d

Purchased AILRP today and am doing a clean install of P3D v4.5HF2.  Installed AILRP and was seeing AI aircraft lighting.  After an install and running of REX, I lost all lights.  Did I do something wrong or is there something else happening I am not aware of?

Thanks

Norman Henderson

Norman Henderson

Thats funny i just came hear thinking i needed a profile hopefully someone has done to import and enjoy... but the sim is running and i dont see any lights activated but i have not done any changes since installing program..

Time to read the manual

Steve

2 hours ago, ctstech25 said:

Purchased AILRP today and am doing a clean install of P3D v4.5HF2.  Installed AILRP and was seeing AI aircraft lighting.  After an install and running of REX, I lost all lights.  Did I do something wrong or is there something else happening I am not aware of?

Thanks

Norman Henderson

It seems the latest update from REX is affecting navigation lights for all simobjects including flyable airplanes.

Prior to their last update we confirmed both products were compatible.

Can you raise a support ticket with REX? I read other users on the main forum of Avsim having issues like yours and they don't even own AI Lights Reborn. So clearly their last update is having some issues.

Regards 

Simbol 

2 hours ago, sluihn said:

Thats funny i just came hear thinking i needed a profile hopefully someone has done to import and enjoy... but the sim is running and i dont see any lights activated but i have not done any changes since installing program..

Time to read the manual

Steve

do you have REX EF? If not your issues is not related to the original post. You just need to run the scan and apply.

Have a look at the tutorial on top of the forums 😉.

Regards 

Simbol 

Edited by simbol

Hello... yes in fact fresh install of Prepar3d v4.5 hf2...  I just started to use Rex SF active weather while I figure out problem with hifi active sky v4 connecting. Both networked., fyi.   I followed aircraft taxiing out to runway on test flight, FIRST RUN. but didn't see any lights on planes. Now have time today to configure systems and will report back. Don't know if I pressed apply before flying stuff like that. Also had a lot of quirky things going on not related to this discussion with flight controls .... ahhhhhh new installs and updates make you want to pull your hair out if I had any, but will get back to flight sim nirvana soon with added visuals. 

Cheers 

Steve

Thanks Simbol,

I have managed to get my AI and aircraft lights back by uninstalling REX Skyforce 3D, deleting the shaders folder, creating an empty Shaders folder, rebooting the computer and then running AI Lights Reborn Pro, changing the Prepar3d Effects Scaling Technique to FSReborn optimized for full HD, saving configuration and then running P3D.  I hope a solution can be found as I really like my REX.

This is by no means a full solution as it also seems to hit and miss.  I know nothing of the internal files and hope some expertise is brought to the problem so I can use Ai Reborn and my REX textures.  Also for those wondering, I do not use REX's weather engine, I use ActiveSky Next.

Thanks to all who are helping.

Norman Henderson

Confusion: is it REX Skyforce 3D resulting in an issue with AILRP or REX Environment Force? I guess it is the latter, as Skyforce 3D should do nothing with shaders...

• Like 1

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

2 hours ago, AnkH said:

Confusion: is it REX Skyforce 3D resulting in an issue with AILRP or REX Environment Force? I guess it is the latter, as Skyforce 3D should do nothing with shaders...

It is EF. another point is it is causing problems to people with or without AILRP and even thee lighting on default aircraft just disappears.

S.

ok, after uninstalling everything but just plain vanilla P3D v4.5HF2, it appears that the culprit is SLI config.  SLI Off, all lights appear to work every time, SLI On, hit and miss... delete shaders, reboot, reconfigure scenery index and I can get it to work about half the time.  When I can get it to work with SLI On it stays running fine until I close P3D then the whole cycle starts again.  Will keep experimenting and see what other issues I can uncover.

Norman Henderson

4 minutes ago, ctstech25 said:

ok, after uninstalling everything but just plain vanilla P3D v4.5HF2, it appears that the culprit is SLI config.  SLI Off, all lights appear to work every time, SLI On, hit and miss... delete shaders, reboot, reconfigure scenery index and I can get it to work about half the time.  When I can get it to work with SLI On it stays running fine until I close P3D then the whole cycle starts again.  Will keep experimenting and see what other issues I can uncover.

Thanks for the report. I saw also you posted via the P3D forums.

Since this has nothing to do with AILRP or REX I will mark this topic as "Resolved".

Regards,
simbol