Hi, 

I am using right now in P3Dv4

- Ultimate Terrain X - Europe, USA, Canada, Tropical America and Caribbean

- Ground Environment Prepar3D World Edition in P3DV4.

- FS Global Ultimate  from Pilots 

In the last years I got some ORBX Scenerys like (Germany North and South, England, NA, AU V2  etc. and Airports) 

Yesterday I brought LSZS Samedan and learned later, that ORBX OpenLC Europe or ORBX Basepack is required for the Airport to work properly,

I could refund the Airport, thanks to ORBX !!!

But that was the reason to think about using global ORBX products? 

In my understanding there are different layers in a flight sim 

below

Terrain Mesh             FS Global Ultimate

Land Class                UTX                                     ORBX Global Open LC 

Textures                    GEP3D                                 ORBX Global BASE Pack 

Roads & Buldings    UTX                                      ORBX Global VECTOR

on top

I read some reviews, saying that UTX is doing a good Job with roads and coastlines and some people combining it with

ORBX Global Open LC or ORBX Global BASE Pack? Some people say that ORBX products may "overwrite" UTX entries etc. 

I know that topic is often discussed, but what is the status quo in the end of 2019? 

What you recommend to me, with the products I already have?

Thanks for your help!

Erik

Your table is right, they are two products doing the same job. ORBX is generally more cost effective because of global coverage especially at sale time. But as you're ready invested I'd stick with what you have. Personally I don't think there's much to pick between how the products look.

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

I run pretty much what you have with no problems. You cannot use GEP3D and ORBX Global as they do the same thing but you can use the LC with GEP3D and UTX. I run the orbx regions and add on airports. I just do not use Orbx Vector or Global.

I get great results.

you are good to go.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

I made the mistake of buying Orbx GTX Germany North and South last year. Poor frame rates, occasional blurries was the result. I flew around for awhile GA aircraft, at a few thousand feet looking at the terrain. Then I uninstalled  FTX Germany,  and went back to UTX Europe, which I have had for years. ( In fact I have all the UTX regions. )  Instant FPS increase back to normal, and no more blurries. Looking at the terrain, I don't really see any difference in UTX than what I was seeing in FTX. 

Edited by Bobsk8
  • Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

On 11/5/2019 at 12:45 PM, enrico10999 said:

Yesterday I brought LSZS Samedan and learned later, that ORBX OpenLC Europe or ORBX Basepack is required for the Airport to work properly,

AFAIK those other products are required ONLY so that the airport will blend in seamleasly into the scenery.

I also use the products you listed and also have LOWI from ORBX. You will see the boundary where ORBX takes over but it's not that bad.

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

One more question:

I wast thinking about to get ORBX LC South America (because I have SEQM), but therefore ORBX Global Base is required...

How will this get along with GEP3D ?

Any experiences? 

Thanks Erik

On 11/6/2019 at 2:51 PM, Bobsk8 said:

I made the mistake of buying Orbx GTX Germany North and South last year. Poor frame rates, occasional blurries was the result. I flew around for awhile GA aircraft, at a few thousand feet looking at the terrain. Then I uninstalled  FTX Germany,  and went back to UTX Europe, which I have had for years. ( In fact I have all the UTX regions. )  Instant FPS increase back to normal, and no more blurries. Looking at the terrain, I don't really see any difference in UTX than what I was seeing in FTX. 

Here I use FTX Germany with high settings and no blurries.

Are you sure you have your system configured optimal ?

Here 3 view setup : 1 GPU

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

48 minutes ago, GSalden said:

Here I use FTX Germany with high settings and no blurries.

Are you sure you have your system configured optimal ?

Here 3 view setup : 1 GPU

Just doing and A to B with my system. Turn Germany off, great, turn it on FPS sucks and Vas usage is high, Not rocket science. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310