Sign in to follow this  
gregory.goodwin1

Bahamas Scenery Pack 2-3 Available

All,

The latest Bahamas scenery pack is now available for download at the AVSIM library.  It includes all of the northern Bahamas (Grand Bahama, Abaco, Berry Islands, and Bimini), Western Bahamas (New Providence, Andros Island, adn NEW -  Exumas, and Ragged Islands), and the Turks and Caicos.  W Bahamas will be next.

I'm very excited to announce that Art Poole has allowed me to incorporate his fantastic set of 24 Bahamas Airports into this scenery.  See Screenshots below:

Download Here from the AVSIM library: https://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=212570

49018707692_a5f76104bb_h.jpg

49018712172_3b60026d98_h.jpg

49018712227_e4178d97fe_h.jpg

49018707302_234aab9980_h.jpg

49018510616_e0300b6505_h.jpg

49018707767_cf2c3cf891_h.jpg

Here are some views of Art Poole's fantastic rendition of Nassau International (MYNN) in this scenery pack.  

49017983548_9cb99a4f63_h.jpg

49017983513_03228611d3_h.jpg

And here are some views of Art's Grand Bahama Intl.

49018505811_1a30dcfe27_h.jpg

49018505846_c06297c659_h.jpg

Finally, a couple more examples of Art's work on Andros Island.   Here is MYAF  - Andros Town (Fresh Creek):

49018505761_740b982662_h.jpg

And MYAN - San Andros Airport

49018707252_c318ccc607_h.jpg

For more screenshots go to: For Screenshots go to: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1KP7Fz0W1GhKLBi-VWXRM_2AMy1314XPH

Please Enjoy!

• Upvote 2

Outstanding!  Thanks so much for your efforts.

ASUS TUF Gaming Z690-Plus ▪︎ Intel i9-12900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 4090Ti ▪︎ 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo ▪︎ Windows 11 Home ▪︎ 3x Western Digital Black SN850 2TB NVME SSD ▪︎  ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair HX1000 Platinum PSU ▪︎ Fractal Design Meshify 2 ATX Case

Thanks for making this project and it looks great.  I have a quick question... does this pack 2-3 contain all the past packs?  Or do they (previous packs) need to be downloaded and installed also?

• Like 1

i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz, ASUS Z170-PRO GAMING, 32GB DDR4 2666MHz, 750W EVGA SuperNOVA, 512GB Samsung 960 PRO, 1TB Western Digital - Black Edition
RTX 2080Ti (MSI trio), Corsair H115i - 280mm Liquid CPU Cooler

6 hours ago, IAhawkeyeDDS said:

Thanks for making this project and it looks great.  I have a quick question... does this pack 2-3 contain all the past packs?  Or do they (previous packs) need to be downloaded and installed also?

It looks like it contains all previous packs...but do read the instructions. They explain to delete the previous folders and copy in the new folders.

• Like 1

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5 

39 minutes ago, flyblueskies said:

It looks like it contains all previous packs...but do read the instructions. They explain to delete the previous folders and copy in the new folders.

That is correct.  This contains all prior releases.   The readme file explains how to do the install.  I strongly recommend deleting any prior versions before installing these files.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

How does this work with the Aerosoft Nassau X and LC from that product?

I assume you have to disable the associated Nassau AP .bgl and LC for this freeware addon?

Chris Camp

I had a minor problems with elevation on this scenery for MYAP airport. I think this is because i have UTX Caribbean installed. On MYAP I had to disable the UTX MYAP bgl in world/scenery.  

Edited by Bobsk8

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Hmmm any issues with Orbx Vector NA LC and this...?

Chris Camp

29 minutes ago, Kilo60 said:

Hmmm any issues with Orbx Vector NA LC and this...?

No issues here Chris, works like a charm. It is truly an amazing pack. Art's airports really kick it up another level. Always loved Art's work.

Great job Gregory!

Edited by gsand

Gerald

EAA #: 1317747

i7 8700K 6-Core 3.7GHz (4.5GHz); ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-I Gaming ; RTX 2070 Super Turbo 8GB; 32GB G.Skill TridentZ 3000MHz; 250GB Samsung 960 Evo PCIe NVMe M.2; 2x 500GB Samsung 850 Evo Series SSD; 1TB WD Black HDD; Win10 Pro 64; P3D 4.5

3 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

I had a minor problems with elevation on this scenery for MYAP airport. I think this is because i have UTX Caribbean installed. On MYAP I had to disable the UTX MYAP bgl in world/scenery.  

It's also a given that any ORBX airport included with FTX Vector (or the ORBX freeware airports also) will probably mess up another third party airport version. It's best to routinely disable all the ORBX files with that specific ICAO code by renaming them. Or if it's just Vector, you can use the configurator to disable the airport elevation corrections, but even that sometimes doesn't get rid of all the ORBX files for that ICAO code. Sometimes, the only way of finding all of them is to search with the Windows Explorer using the ICAO code as a search mask with the Explorer window open to <drive>:/Program Files/Prepar3d V4/ORBX. Unfortunately, if you've updated to ORBX Central V 4.x, you have to look in your library folder instead to disable the correct files. What's more of a problem, is that if you subsequently update any ORBX add-ons that contain the disabled files, ORBX Central will add back active versions.

Having more than one 3rd party version of an airport active in one's scenery library is a recipe for disaster.

Edited by jabloomf1230

I just took a short flight from MYAM to MYEM in my A2A Texan. Perfect approach, touched down, and aircraft sank into the runway dropped another 100 feet and hit another runway below the first, Back to just UTX, I'm afraid, 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

22 hours ago, Kilo60 said:

How does this work with the Aerosoft Nassau X and LC from that product?

I assume you have to disable the associated Nassau AP .bgl and LC for this freeware addon?

This should work fine with Aerosoft Nassau X. The readme file provides for instructions on what to do for Nassau X.

14 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

I just took a short flight from MYAM to MYEM in my A2A Texan. Perfect approach, touched down, and aircraft sank into the runway dropped another 100 feet and hit another runway below the first, Back to just UTX, I'm afraid, 

I must apologize.  I left out one of Art's instructions about his airports and UTX Tropical America/Caribbean scenery:

If you are using UTX-TAC, you must open the UTX-TAC setup program and disable airport changes for MYBG, MYBS, MYCA, MYCI, MYEF, MYEH, MYEM, MYIG, MYLS, MYMM and MYSM (Terrain menu>Modify Status of Repositioned Airports).  Alternatively, you can use Windows Explorer to change the .BGL to .XXX following those filenames in the FSX Scenery\World\Scenery folder (Windows Explorer needs to be set to display filename extensions)

When FSX is started after copying files as stated above, select Settings>Scenery Library and add both the Bahamas and kb_static_aircraft_FSX scenery folders to the scenery list, which need to be listed above UTX_TAC folders.  For many scenery objects to display, the Scenery Complexity slider in Scenery settings must be set to "Very Dense".  If you have Jim Dhaenens' lightobj.bgl installed (fsx_lts.zip), apron lighting will be included under "Extremely Dense" scenery complexity.

15 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

It's also a given that any ORBX airport included with FTX Vector (or the ORBX freeware airports also) will probably mess up another third party airport version. It's best to routinely disable all the ORBX files with that specific ICAO code by renaming them. Or if it's just Vector, you can use the configurator to disable the airport elevation corrections, but even that sometimes doesn't get rid of all the ORBX files for that ICAO code. Sometimes, the only way of finding all of them is to search with the Windows Explorer using the ICAO code as a search mask with the Explorer window open to <drive>:/Program Files/Prepar3d V4/ORBX. Unfortunately, if you've updated to ORBX Central V 4.x, you have to look in your library folder instead to disable the correct files. What's more of a problem, is that if you subsequently update any ORBX add-ons that contain the disabled files, ORBX Central will add back active versions.

Having more than one 3rd party version of an airport active in one's scenery library is a recipe for disaster.

I have placed exclude rectangles around all the airports in the  "CVX" files.  This should take care of blocking the ORBX airport updates in FTX vector.  I know that it works for MYNN (Nassau Intl).   I would suggest activating my scenery and then checking to see if there are any issues with ORBX airport updates (e.g., extra buildings or airport objects appearing) before trying to rename them.

Best

Greg

17 hours ago, gsand said:

No issues here Chris, works like a charm. It is truly an amazing pack. Art's airports really kick it up another level. Always loved Art's work.

Great job Gregory!

I couldn't agree more about Art's airports.  They are fantastic!