Sign in to follow this  
gregory.goodwin1

Bahamas Scenery Pack 2-3 Available

1 hour ago, gregory.goodwin1 said:

I must apologize.  I left out one of Art's instructions about his airports and UTX Tropical America/Caribbean scenery:

If you are using UTX-TAC, you must open the UTX-TAC setup program and disable airport changes for MYBG, MYBS, MYCA, MYCI, MYEF, MYEH, MYEM, MYIG, MYLS, MYMM and MYSM (Terrain menu>Modify Status of Repositioned Airports).  Alternatively, you can use Windows Explorer to change the .BGL to .XXX following those filenames in the FSX Scenery\World\Scenery folder (Windows Explorer needs to be set to display filename extensions)

When FSX is started after copying files as stated above, select Settings>Scenery Library and add both the Bahamas and kb_static_aircraft_FSX scenery folders to the scenery list, which need to be listed above UTX_TAC folders.  For many scenery objects to display, the Scenery Complexity slider in Scenery settings must be set to "Very Dense".  If you have Jim Dhaenens' lightobj.bgl installed (fsx_lts.zip), apron lighting will be included under "Extremely Dense" scenery complexity.

Thanks,   will try that. Where is Bahamas and kb_static_aircraft_FSX scenery folders to the scenery list,.  I don't see that , but I have P3D. 

Edited by Bobsk8

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

3 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

Thanks,   will try that. Where is Bahamas and kb_static_aircraft_FSX scenery folders to the scenery list,.  I don't see that , but I have P3D. 

Excellent question - Long story short, just ignore the second paragraph.  I didn't mean to paste it.  I should have taken more time to proofread before posting. - I'll make sure to edit that post.

The longer answer is that the kb_static_aircraft_FSX scenery folder is now automatically added to your scenery when you install the Emerald Scenery Design libraries described in the readme doc.   Emerald Scenery Design has updated the static aircraft models originally created by Kevin Burns for FSX, for P3D.  

Let me know if the fix above works for UTX.  I don't have that UTX product and I would like to know how compatible it is with the Bahamas region scenery I am releasing.

Greg 

2 hours ago, gregory.goodwin1 said:

Excellent question - Long story short, just ignore the second paragraph.  I didn't mean to paste it.  I should have taken more time to proofread before posting. - I'll make sure to edit that post.

The longer answer is that the kb_static_aircraft_FSX scenery folder is now automatically added to your scenery when you install the Emerald Scenery Design libraries described in the readme doc.   Emerald Scenery Design has updated the static aircraft models originally created by Kevin Burns for FSX, for P3D.  

Let me know if the fix above works for UTX.  I don't have that UTX product and I would like to know how compatible it is with the Bahamas region scenery I am releasing.

Greg 

OK,  thanks again. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Here is what I discovered with UTX. I followed your instructions and disabled all the airport BGLs you listed.  (MYBG, MYBS, MYCA, MYCI, MYEF, MYEH, MYEM, MYIG, MYLS, MYMM and MYSM)

I then went to MYAP and still had a problem with that airport, so I disabled that MYAP as I had done to the others in your list  and that fixed the problem, so I think you have to add that to the list of BGLs to disable. 

Now the remaining problem I had was an elevation problem at MYCI. This had the elevation correction BGL, which I tried disabling, and no help, problem still there. Finally after trying everything, I just disabled the MYCI bgl in the add on scenery package, and went back to the UTX BGL for that airport alone. 

Now I didn't check all the airports, but of the ones I checked, the only unusable one was MYCI because of the elevation problem ( taxi way and runway on different level and no pavement on runway) 

5 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

Here is what I discovered with UTX. I followed your instructions and disabled all the airport BGLs you listed.  (MYBG, MYBS, MYCA, MYCI, MYEF, MYEH, MYEM, MYIG, MYLS, MYMM and MYSM)

I then went to MYAP and still had a problem with that airport, so I disabled that MYAP as I had done to the others in your list  and that fixed the problem, so I think you have to add that to the list of BGLs to disable. 

Now the remaining problem I had was an elevation problem at MYCI. This had the elevation correction BGL, which I tried disabling, and no help, problem still there. Finally after trying everything, I just disabled the MYCI bgl in the add on scenery package, and went back to the UTX BGL for that airport alone. 

Now I didn't check all the airports, but of the ones I checked, the only unusable one was MYCI because of the elevation problem ( taxi way and runway on different level and no pavement on runway) 

Thanks,  this is very helpful information.  The airports that you are having trouble with are Art's airports that I did not modify since they were on islands that I had not yet updated.  I will confess I didn't take the time I should have to double check all of them to make sure they were working.  I have someone else who is doing some testing for me who also noticed some issues with those airports, so I will see what I can do to correct the problems.  I'll try to release an update in the next week or so.   

If you notice any other issues, please don't hesitate to let me know!

Best,

Greg  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, gregory.goodwin1 said:

Greg 

Hi Greg,

I sent you a PM to the e-mail address on your readme file, but never received a response. It was regarding making your package compatible with Photosim Labs Bimini. I did not see any glaring issues with your last release by simply disabling the relevant bgls. I have not tested your latest version, but if you think it's not going to be compatible please let me know.

Thanks.

Jose

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

11 hours ago, gregory.goodwin1 said:

Thanks,  this is very helpful information.  The airports that you are having trouble with are Art's airports that I did not modify since they were on islands that I had not yet updated.  I will confess I didn't take the time I should have to double check all of them to make sure they were working.  I have someone else who is doing some testing for me who also noticed some issues with those airports, so I will see what I can do to correct the problems.  I'll try to release an update in the next week or so.   

If you notice any other issues, please don't hesitate to let me know!

Best,

Greg  

MYER, taxiing westbound to runway 09 threshold, last 1200 feet, pavement disappears on runway ( turns to grass) . When I turn to head east, pavement reappears . 

BTW, flying from airport to airport in the Bahamas in my A2A AT6 is a total blast. Reminds me of when I used to fly in real life in the South Florida area. 

Edited by Bobsk8

On ‎11‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 9:30 AM, Bobsk8 said:

MYER, taxiing westbound to runway 09 threshold, last 1200 feet, pavement disappears on runway ( turns to grass) . When I turn to head east, pavement reappears . 

BTW, flying from airport to airport in the Bahamas in my A2A AT6 is a total blast. Reminds me of when I used to fly in real life in the South Florida area. 

Hey Bob,

Glad to hear you are enjoying the scenery.  I'm a central Florida dweller and I always enjoy escaping to those beautiful islands that lie just East of here in P3D.   The default scenery that is generated procedurally from vector, land class, and polygons has held up pretty well over the years and creates a pretty immersive experience in my opinion (though I can't wait to see what MSFS20 does with that area).

Re the disappearing/reappearing runways/taxiways/aprons,  that is something that happens with smaller airports in some locations.  I suspect is has to do with the way the curved earth is rendered and the Sim can't decide if the airport is above or below ground.  Fortunately there are a couple of ways to fix it.  Some people have luck by increasing the altitude of the airport just a bit using an airport editor like ADE.  My preferred way is to place a small apron polygon about 3k - 6k meters away from the main airport.  

MYER is one of Art's airports that I have not yet edited.  I decided to release all of his airports with this scenery, not just the ones I have edited,  thinking that they would work fine with the default scenery.  Art made these for FSX but they appear to have some issues in P3D.  In my rush to release this pack, I didn't do my due diligence and check them all out.      Canuck21a is helping me to find and fix them.  I am hoping to release an update that addresses these issues in the next couple of weeks as I have time.

Best

Greg 

On 11/12/2019 at 9:57 AM, gregory.goodwin1 said:

Hey Bob,

Glad to hear you are enjoying the scenery.  I'm a central Florida dweller and I always enjoy escaping to those beautiful islands that lie just East of here in P3D.   The default scenery that is generated procedurally from vector, land class, and polygons has held up pretty well over the years and creates a pretty immersive experience in my opinion (though I can't wait to see what MSFS20 does with that area).

Re the disappearing/reappearing runways/taxiways/aprons,  that is something that happens with smaller airports in some locations.  I suspect is has to do with the way the curved earth is rendered and the Sim can't decide if the airport is above or below ground.  Fortunately there are a couple of ways to fix it.  Some people have luck by increasing the altitude of the airport just a bit using an airport editor like ADE.  My preferred way is to place a small apron polygon about 3k - 6k meters away from the main airport.  

MYER is one of Art's airports that I have not yet edited.  I decided to release all of his airports with this scenery, not just the ones I have edited,  thinking that they would work fine with the default scenery.  Art made these for FSX but they appear to have some issues in P3D.  In my rush to release this pack, I didn't do my due diligence and check them all out.      Canuck21a is helping me to find and fix them.  I am hoping to release an update that addresses these issues in the next couple of weeks as I have time.

Best

Greg 

Greg,

I live in Central Florida too. We're in the Universal Studios-Mall of Millenia area. FYI, I sent you an email recently and also a private message here on the AVSIM forums. Love, love, love your Bahamas work. I am one of the creation team at Return to Misty Moorings which has been active in the freeware scenery realm for FS9, FSX and P3D for over 10 years now.  We focus on Pacific Northwest ORBX regions but I need a sunny scenery area to visit and the Bahamas you've put together is the perfect recipe.

I'm still just discovering your islands one by one and will report back on any anomalies I see on my end. I've also been doing some of my own scenery enhancements to Art Poole's fantastic airports in the Bahamas. Just adding things like trees, grasses and a few other enhancements. 

Finding your work next to Art's to be a very good complimentary combination and I'm going back in to any of the previous airports I did any enhancements at and adjusting the grass, trees, etc. to match with you and Art.

Once I'm done, I'll be happy to put those files out to anyone interested that might like to use the stuff I add. Or not. Again, it's a work in progress but wanted to let you know that so you may/may not be interested in it at some of the Bahamas Airports. 

Now on with the adventure.

Brad Allen

Edited by Brad_Allen
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Brad_Allen said:

Greg,

I live in Central Florida too. We're in the Universal Studios-Mall of Millenia area. FYI, I sent you an email recently and also a private message here on the AVSIM forums. Love, love, love your Bahamas work. I am one of the creation team at Return to Misty Moorings which has been active in the freeware scenery realm for FS9, FSX and P3D for over 10 years now.  We focus on Pacific Northwest ORBX regions but I need a sunny scenery area to visit and the Bahamas you've put together is the perfect recipe.

I'm still just discovering your islands one by one and will report back on any anomalies I see on my end. I've also been doing some of my own scenery enhancements to Art Poole's fantastic airports in the Bahamas. Just adding things like trees, grasses and a few other enhancements. 

Finding your work next to Art's to be a very good complimentary combination and I'm going back in to any of the previous airports I did any enhancements at and adjusting the grass, trees, etc. to match with you and Art.

Once I'm done, I'll be happy to put those files out to anyone interested that might like to use the stuff I add. Or not. Again, it's a work in progress but wanted to let you know that so you may/may not be interested in it at some of the Bahamas Airports. 

Now on with the adventure.

Brad Allen

Brad,

Happy new year!

Once done please send me the link.

Cheers.

Jose

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

1 hour ago, DJJose said:

Brad,

Happy new year!

Once done please send me the link.

Cheers.

Jose

Hello Jose',

I'd be happy to make my work available but I would like to hear from Greg first and get his input and hopeful seal of approval before I release anything that might not meet with his approval.

He's done an incredible job for a freeware designer with the Bahamas from what I've been able to see so far. I don't want to infringe on his work at all so until I hear from him and let him have a look at what I've done, I'll be keeping it to myself. 

I know that if I was doing what he did for such a large project, and I've done a lot of work like that at Return to Misty Moorings, I'd want to make sure that someone else that wanted to do their own scenery designs in and around my scenery design work, would at least contact me to see if I had any problems with what they were doing. That's my feeling at least. 

For now, I'll keep fixing the Art Poole Airport enhancements I did before I knew of Greg's Bahamas package and make sure my stuff fits in it. 

Thanks for your interest in it though. Here's a little screen grab of one of the little enhancements I'm working on at MYAN airport.

https://imgur.com/CA9PE3J

https://imgur.com/nyxcgR0

• Like 2

Brad, thanks for your efforts.  The images look fantastic.  I very much want community members to take what I have released and make it better.  I'll do what I can on my end to make improvements and fix problems.  You can release your work separately, but I'm also happy to roll it into the next drop of scenery to simplify installation. 

Greg

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, gregory.goodwin1 said:

Brad, thanks for your efforts.  The images look fantastic.  I very much want community members to take what I have released and make it better.  I'll do what I can on my end to make improvements and fix problems.  You can release your work separately, but I'm also happy to roll it into the next drop of scenery to simplify installation. 

Greg

Greg,

I will be able to assist for sure. I've been busy adjusting my previous work I had on my system at Art's airports and making those files work in your Bahamas. That's my first priority right now.

Then I can do some small scenery touches like you see in my two pics. People will need to download and install the Return to Misty Moorings objects so they can see the scenery creations I'm doing. 

Thanks so much. I'll be in touch,

Brad

On the Nassau photo scenery.  Can anybody confirm when also using with the aerosoft MYNN if the photosim scenery entries should be above or below the aerosoft on the scenery list?  Thanks. 

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next