Sign in to follow this  
R0b20

Wilco 737 evolution fails to install

I have just bought wilko 737 pic evo and cannot get it to install. I have the correct product key but i get error "2" whenever i try to install

Windows 7 64 bit

I have moved this topic into the FSX-FSX-SE forum because where it was posted is a non-existent Sim, as of today.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

What simulator are you trying to install it into?  FSX (boxed version) or FSX-SE.  It does not work at all in FSX-SE - https://steamcommunity.com/app/314160/discussions/2/364040166690119616/.  According to their product site, the product is only compatible with FSX (boxed version), FS2004, or, as stated on one product description site, X-Plane. One product description website states it will work with P3D but they failed to indicate the version as it will not work in P3Dv4 P3D.  Support is provided by https://www.feelthere.com/ but, on another product description website, by Wilco Publishing - https://www.feelthere.com/shop/fsx/super-guppy-evolution-deluxe-with-airlines-pack-former-737-pilot-in-command-evolution-deluxe-fsx-p3d/.  I believe feelthere is the correct support site so you might want to go there and see if they have a solution (unless one of our members knows the solution).  You need to have an active Internet connection to install.  This is an excellent aircraft that is highly detailed and was extremely popular when it was first released for FS2004.

It will also work in P3Dv1 but not in P3Dv2.  I think everyone should be wary of old products like this and only get it if it specifically states it is compatible with the simulator you own. 

I did find on the Wilco Publishing site the product won't install on a 64 bit Windows OS as it cannot find the FSX folder - https://www.wilcopub.com/737-pilot-in-command-fs2004-fsx-xp-5766.html.  It provides details on how to circumvent this issue.  It is for Windows Vista or Windows 7 64 bit but should apply to Windows 10 too.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hello Rob,

I'm not suggesting this is exactly what is happening in your case, I don't even know much about the Wilco 737 Evo or if you have it on DVD/CD installation disk, or just a Download package. But read on if you are interested in One small issue that had me stumped for a short while trying to install an older CD installation for FS2004 maybe even pertinent to Older CD installed FSX products.

Tell you an interesting story, recently I reinstalled FS2004 out of a desire to compare with FSX along with reinstating all the FS2004 CD/DVD software titles I had purchased over the years, (very nostalgic) most were ok but a 4Disk FSCENE FS Terrain boxed set refused to install, I checked the surface of Disk 1 and noticed the surface had a foggy smear, so gave it a gentle polish until the foggy blemish disappeared, it still refused to install but all folders were readable and demo material was also readable/installable, in my frustration I resigned that the disk was damaged beyond repair for what ever reason. Still not giving up at this point I headed over to Justflight and sure enough there was my answer. Solved the problem on my own, with a little research and the good work from JustFlight, after downloading a tool from their website to switch an OS service back on for Justflight's older CD Installed Products. 
This is related to older FS2004 software supplied on CD by JustFlight, it could also be the case for other vendor products on CD/DVD.
Commendations to JustFlight Staff for recognizing the problem and providing a simple solution. Turns out that a SecureDisk facility normally enabled in Vista / Win7 / 8 / 8.1 has been nobbled by a particular MicroSoft KB security update, effectively switching off the service as default for OS  SECDRV.SYS so that DVD/CD's that require SecureDisk / SafeDisk Enabled in order to proceed with install of the main Software title are prevented from doing so until the service is started and SECDRV is ON. 
After running the tool, switching the service ON, Disk1 installed the software without a hitch, continuing on flawlessly to Disk 2 3 &4, after which the tool enables you to switch the service back to OFF, obviously for system security per the KB security update causing the issue in the first place. 
One thing to remember with the SECDRV.SYS service, is that it nolonger exists within the Win10 OS environment, so the tool will not work under Win10 because the Service does not exist. If this were the case where I was not trying to install under Win 7 but into Win10 I would not have continued access to install the product even though the Disks were operational and perfectly capable of un-errored install.

Edited by Jethro

I have it in download format for fsx and tried allowing full control for the install .exe and the fsx install folder, but I'm still getting the install error.

Best then to follow Jim Young's advice above, and head over to Wilco Publishing via the links provided, they may have some answers for your Download.
As indicated by Jim, the product may not work in FSX:SE, but would however work in a MS FSX boxed version. Wilco would be able to resolve your query.

2 hours ago, Jethro said:

Best then to follow Jim Young's advice above, and head over to Wilco Publishing via the links provided, they may have some answers for your Download.
As indicated by Jim, the product may not work in FSX:SE, but would however work in a MS FSX boxed version. Wilco would be able to resolve your query.

I'm using fsx boxed. Tried changing the registry for secdrv and still doesn't work

So, even if you are using FSX (boxed), it won't install because you have a 64 bit OS as I mentioned above with a link on how to get around this.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Using a 64bits Operating Systems, the installer can't find the Flight Simulator folder.
Your Flight Simulator is probably located into a folder called "Programsx86" which is probably not what the installer is looking for.
During the installation process, simply browse the installer to this folder.

How to install and setup an add-on under Windows 7 / VISTA (32/64bits OS) ?

First, install the add-on using Full Administrator Rights.

Then, go into program files\microsoft games\
Highlight Flight Simulator X folder and right-click on it
Select the SECURITY tab
Click on your username (not on Administrator 1)
Click on the 'edit' option (it should have a pic of a shield on the button with edit next to it)
Then you should be prompted by Vista security module, click on 'ALLOW'
Then tick the 'Full Control' box and press 'OK'
Installation of our add-ons can now start.

We do not support the use of our FS2004 add-ons under Windows Vista/7 (although they may work).

Make sure to run the installation of the add-on and of Flight Simulator with full Administrator rights by right-clicking on the application file and selecting the "As Administrator" feature.

At the first add-on installation, make sure to accept the DLL Warning after the aircraft selection.

We don't support the use of our add-ons under Windows XP64 and Vista 64.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020