Sign in to follow this  
Bigt

LatinVFR new Madrid scenery

I say, don't worry. The market will self-correct over time if there's a supply surplus. As there may be in the case of LEMD. This thread is turning into a microeconomics lecture.

Edited by andreh
  • Upvote 1

Wearing the other shoe for a second.....I wish that one top developer would create a detailed rendition of EINN Shannon instead of yet another version of an airport that has already been done :angry:

Edited by Christopher Low
  • Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

6 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

Wearing the other shoe for a second.....I wish that one top developer would create a detailed rendition of EINN Shannon instead of yet another version of an airport that has already been done :angry:

Yes, and there are still enough other airports around the world whichare not well designed for P3D ... . But in the end its the choice of the developper whtat scenery he wants to design and sell.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

To add it to the havoc - Simwings is nearing LFPG release. 

5 hours ago, ZKOKQ said:

Why on earth are devs doubling up on airports ? Stupid, really stupid.

I don't agree with this at all. For example, I dearly want to buy an airport for a certain east coast city that I used to live in. One developer has been through several versions of it but none of them have impressed me so far. As such, I've been flying in and out of the default airport for that city for years waiting for a different developer to take a shot at it. 

1 hour ago, simbol said:

Ok. But then if a developer creates a content and another creates a better version of it. Would you not like to have the opportunity to choose the one that fits your "desired" looks instead?

Competition is what keeps pushing the boundaries and limits of what we see today. For an instance I know people ask developer to create version of airports that already exists just because they like / love the way Developer A does things more than Developer B.

So on this instance, it is very possible LatinVFR has been developer to accommodate current customers requests.

S.

Bingo! The airport I mentioned above is on another developer's radar, and I am patiently waiting to buy it as soon as it is released. Go Developer B !!!

• Like 1

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

5 hours ago, ZKOKQ said:

I can't speak for Ricardo, but I can extrapolate from my experience as a single op Mobile DJ as to why some devs choose to work on certain projects. If the dev has a niche (ideal clients) those customers will continue to support and buy the add-ons. WOM always prevails and it will keep them in business.

Plus, as a customer I have a choice now. Based on my experience with the two developers alluded to on this thread, I choose to support LatinVFR.

Why? If I look back at the original LEMD released for FSX by SimWings, it was the worst add-on I had ever purchased. It was a mess and the dev never did anything to update the add-on. Years later they released a P3D v4 version and offered a minimal discount to existing customers. Since it was the only LEMD available, guess what, I had to pay for the upgrade. I paid as much as those new customers getting a discounted rate.

Now new customers have a choice, and there's nothing stupid about having a choice.

Lesson: Think before you post!

• Like 3

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

6 hours ago, ZKOKQ said:

Ricardo was approached by a third party to make it (he didn't say who or what, but I'd guess some undisclosed commercial entity), and so he did. He then decided to release it, knowing that it would cause a stir such as the one you and many others are now making. He released it despite that as he believed it represented something of value for the simulation community.

Please keep in mind that LatinVFR is a commercial enterprise that caters to others besides us. In this case Ricardo came out and explained why he produced LEMD despite Simwings already having done it, but many other times developers simply don't. It's good to keep in mind that there is more in the world than us and developers motivations are not, necessarily, spite... Aerosoft is another example of this. E.g. their A330 was never developed for us, hence it lacks all but one model and engine option. They simply choose to release it to us as well, though I believe I have read their initial intention was not to do so.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

I'm grateful for the ability to select one over another, especially when this newer LatinVFR version looks to be a big improvement on what we had before.

I don't understand the complaints about having a choice. By that argument, FlyTampa should never have worked on KLAS, SimWings should not have done EGLL, Drzewiecki should never have worked on Seattle, and Aerosoft should not have commissioned LSZH.

I admit there are times when it gets a bit silly like with LEBL, LOWI and GCTS. Yet as annoying as it is, we as a community buy certain airports in bigger numbers than others. That's the reason why airports like WIII, VABB, WMKK, EINN and YPAD haven't been attempted for P3D, but new versions of KATL, KDFW, LFPG, EBBR and LSGG are in the pipeline.

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

12 hours ago, ZKOKQ said:

Because they are all chasing the same small margins to be made. 

• Like 1

14ppkc-6.png

4 hours ago, F737NG said:

I'm grateful for the ability to select one over another, especially when this newer LatinVFR version looks to be a big improvement on what we had before.

I don't understand the complaints about having a choice. By that argument, FlyTampa should never have worked on KLAS, SimWings should not have done EGLL, Drzewiecki should never have worked on Seattle, and Aerosoft should not have commissioned LSZH.

I admit there are times when it gets a bit silly like with LEBL, LOWI and GCTS. Yet as annoying as it is, we as a community buy certain airports in bigger numbers than others. That's the reason why airports like WIII, VABB, WMKK, EINN and YPAD haven't been attempted for P3D, but new versions of KATL, KDFW, LFPG, EBBR and LSGG are in the pipeline.

Have a look at the vatsim moving map.  There Isn't enough interest in WIII, VABB, WMKK, EINN to make a substantial profit, hence why they all flight over the same old airports over and over again 

14ppkc-6.png

6 hours ago, DJJose said:

Lesson: Think before you post!

No need for that comment!!! Been a simmer just as long as you DJ. Nothing like a healthy debate, and I am,was not knocking Ricardo's work, I have most of them.

I am 60 years old, and your giving me a lesson ?  Yeah right!!

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

18 hours ago, ZKOKQ said:

No need for that comment!!!

Then don't call developers' actions "really stupid" just because you disagree with them.

On 11/7/2019 at 11:32 AM, ZKOKQ said:

That's fine, as long as the sales are adequate to justify the development time. They could very well put themselves out of bushiness. We are not exactly a huge market.

If they built an airport  that was not done, or to replace an airport that was way out of date, the return on their investment would be very good. By LVFR doing Madrid, they have lost at least 50% of potential sales. One thing we don't want is any decent developer going under, that is the last thing I want to see.

Did you happen to come across Ricardo's comments regarding why LatinVFR created LEMD?
If you didn't, here's the rationale:

we have been working on LEMD for at least 2 years, we got a professional contract from a company outside of FS and we did it, and we saw PBR and all the new tech and went ahead with releasing this for P3d.

...when we began working on LEMD there wasn't any LEMD in the horizon, and that's why we jumped on it.
Aside from the fact that we had professional contracts outside of P3d/FSX that had us do this airport months ago...

Very glad that this occurred. Just have to wait until payday to get hold of it.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

I thought it was nice scenery.  First thing I did was disabled the static a/c

14ppkc-6.png