Sign in to follow this  
Guest CowlFlapsOpen

I want our old forum back!

I guess the old dinosaur "Century of Flight" has been put to sleep. All I see are comments about betas, FSX won't do this, FSX does do this.... blah blah blah. There was a time not so long ago that one could come to this forum and pick up some good information like tips and tricks or a nice review. Now it seems to be reduced to an orgy of look at this FSX bug, or why won't my FS9 payware work in the FSX demo?Yah sure there are those that will just lash back and say.. "is it that hard to just skim over the FSX subjects?" Well, to a point YES! Please sub-divide the topics. Tired Eyes,SB

Guest Mr Chips

Quite agree. I'm not much interested in FSX until the critical add-ons are ported. I suspect I'm not alone!

I third this opinion. As a guite long user of this forum, there was time before FSX become "relevant", where I enjoyed reading this particular forum (apart from other forums). Now each time I come here there is really FSX discussion only. Not even interested into opening the threads, since I don't even have the application, nor do many other people probably. And its not even out yet! I would also like that FSX and FS9 forums are apart at least as long as FSX isn't officially available. Or even later, until more people start using it (NOT the beta version). Why would any of us flight simmer be interested into bug reports, how good beta performs? Enjoy FS9 and you shall see soon enough (when its out)...

Guest yarvelling

Yep! Me too...Although I'm interested in what's happening with FSX, I agree that it was better when FSX had it's own sub-forum.I'm sure many will argue that this same speculation happened with the transition from FS2002 to FS9, but I certainly don't remember the forum being swamped with beta news/speculation etc. to this extent!It IS hard to find the FS9 topics now buried amongst the countless FSX speculation, critiques, wish-lists and so on.Please mods....keep them seperated until FSX has become established as the primary sim of choice.......please!!

I agree - especially since I wont be getting FSx until I am able to build a new computer - and that wont happen until Windows Vista comes out as well as Directx Vid cards. It would be pointless to build one now. Barry

I disagree, this is the 'flight simulator' forum, not the 'century of flight' forum, should there also be forums for the previous 8 versions before FS9? :)FSX is scheduled for release next month so there are bound to be lots of discussions about it, and they will only become more numerous over time.edit: There is already a tips and tricks sub forum.

Bernard

Guest lalo lolo1

This forum should be named the FSX beta forum!!!I am too tired of seeing posts of a FS I can only fly by demo or read beta testers comments.Can't see why Avsim didn't make a special forum for this beta.Leo

Yes... There should be sub forums for each version. There are sub forums in the screenshot section!Never has there been so much information, good or bad, released about a product prior to its release. The horse has been dead for weeks and yet someone always has to keep beating it. FSX has not been released and it has taken over the forum. I am not asking to shut off FSX communication... I am asking to divide the forum to make life easier for everyone. Have a general microsoft forum and then sub forums for the different products. We don't have one large 3rd party forum for obvious reasons. Why do it to something as large as the base product?RespectfullySB

At first I totally buyed the moderators view about all the disadvantages and future tidying up with two separated forums. In a way I still do. The problem is I dont't feel comfortable in here right now. It's no longer a question of scrolling past some FSX threads, now it's more like finding a needle in a haystack.Even before the FSX-flood, finding the (for me) interresting threads could be like finding a needle in a haystack. This haystack is now ten times the size of the original stack.Point is, I hesitate to visit the former best place to be in the FS world (apart from flying of course), so from my POV there's something unhealthy about this forum right now.I don't like to say this cause I now it's not intended from the Avsim staff's side!Just the way it it. That's it and that's that ...Eagle

Guest neslesman

One more vote for a separate forum. It was cool when FSX was just something coming down the pipe but now it's time to cut the cord.I'm another who hopes to wait about a year to make the transition as I haven't even yet discovered all the wonders of FS9. Most of FS9 is still (inexpensive and bountiful) virgin territory for me and I'll have the anticipation of something new to look forward to another day down the road.

Guest robystar

Hi,Me too I am in favor of a forum for each version of FS, including FS8. It shouldn't be that difficult to make some more subdivisions: FS8, FS9, FSX. Why would it be so strange?Roby

I kind of think, the fewer forums, the better. There's already too many.But I did think it was premature to merge the FSX/FS forums when it was done the other week.RhettAMD 3700+, eVGA 7800GT 256, ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8, etc. etc.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB