Sign in to follow this  
Guest CowlFlapsOpen

I want our old forum back!

Guest B1900 Mech

Do you all want to donate your time to help mod these new forums? The operators of AVSIM have given me a good enough answer, So can we stop with the complaining already?:-)

Guest Falcon1

I would also like to have the two forums seperated, but as Tom already has stated that it ain't gonna happen, then how about this:When you post a new topic how about starting the topic with - FS2004: xxxxx xxxx xxx or FSX: xxxx xxxx xxx , then people can quickly glance throug which subject that they're interested in. And the same thing could be done in the screenshot forum.Falcon

Do most of you lamenting still own 8 track tapes and players? LOLThis is the MS Flight Simulator General Discussion forum and a new version is a big deal with most of us. I like seeing the mix and do not find the FSX stuff a burden. Plus this is the lull before the release storm; enjoy the calm. Bob... :)

I agree, i dont see the problem. Its not like anybody have to go 16 pages back to see the posts from the last 24 hours. you all might as well get used to FSX posts here, in one month or so FS9 will be history for most users.

Guest Revraz

Then you also agree they should be separated.>Personally, I find it harder to skim through all the FS9>nonsense to find out my FSX info! :(

Guest CowlFlapsOpen

I agree. I miss the broader flight simming discussions. The forum has become, in effect, the support forum for the demo or beta. Seem like Microsoft should be running it. Nothing wrong with that, just less interesting to read.That said, there is not much that one can or should do about it. i recognize that there is a cadre of eager and excited early adopters and it is completely natural that they would be very vocal posters and crowd out other topics. If things have grown tiresome here for you I suggest that you do what I have: Check the Hanger Talk area more frequently and explore some real world aviation sites with forums. Change happens.

Guest twsimfan

I agree but I'm coming at it from the other end of the issue.FS04 is still very much part of my system but I have put a hold on any upgrades (freeware or payware) until after I upgrade. I am looking for the FSX threads and find it a little inconvenient to have to pick them out of the FS04 ones.I guess I should mention that while I seem to be the first moderator to comment on this thread that on this forum I am strictly a user... I have no influence.I guess the bottom line is that we will all learn to live with one another as time goes on. Especially as more and more people make the shift to FSX. Personnally I am planning to hold off on upgrading until I can upgrade this system but I still want to stay current in what is going on with FSX.

Guest nels

So FS9 folk want an FS9 forum back and the FSX folk want an FSX forum back.Pity the merger took place, I was rather enjoying discussing FSX in a seperate forum too..:-(Nels

Guest Mike_Luchia

>Do you all want to donate your time to help mod these new>forums? I personally would love to become a mod on the forums. I have been a moderator on many forums before and visit here probably a dozen times thought the day. AVSIM feel free to contact me if you need help. :)

Why did you respond to me? I am with you, in keeping it simple,the fewer forums the better I say.RhettAMD 3700+, eVGA 7800GT 256, ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8, etc. etc.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

It would be nice to keep separate FS9 and FSX forums, but if it makes the moderators' job easier to have just one (i.e. to stop them constantly having to re-locate posts to the correct forum) then I say let's support the moderators' wishes, given the time they devote to keeping these forums in check. IMO it really isn't such a big deal as what some are making it out to be.

Indeed! I used to spend hours reading the general discussion forum before it became the FSX beta/demo forum. Now I just jump to a couple of the others. Yes the owners/mods can do as they please, but we can also speak up when an executive decision makes a great place unbearable. Good CEO's always listen to feedback from their folks. FSX should have remained separate until its release.Cheers and thanks for being willing to put up with the ire of some to state your opinion.PD

Guest lalo lolo1

Is not that they should be together or separated, but the fact that is FSX doesn't exist yet for the regular human being. FSX topics have flooded the General forum, and only a very few of us (not me of course) have been able to run the beta. For the rest is just a demo, which is not a real FS.Once FSX is released I will welcome all the new topics. Meanwhile is just talking about something it doesn't exist, and make a whole revolution about a demo.Leo