Sign in to follow this  
Guest CowlFlapsOpen

I want our old forum back!

The VC may be DX10-compatible but it's not DX10-compliant. All current video cards are DX9-only and will not render the new features of DX10.Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Seperate FS9 & FSX forums. After the first of the year re-evaluate.Dick near 5G8

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

Guest tango_d

My two pence worth - have to say i did like the seperate forums, but i think the reality is that, because the relese date is so close now for FSX, we will see an awful lot more posts for FSX. It WILL become the biggest info resource. I guess we will need to use the 'search' facility more diligently to find what we need for FS9.I've tried the new FSX demo and it crawls my newest, exclusive FS system - a P4 3.2 with 256mb 6800GT and 2.0ghz of RAM. !!!I'm gonna wait a while before getting FSX until i can afford yet another new system early next year !Happy Flyin....:-)Eddy North Wales, UK

Guest ThrottleUp

I really appreciate the job a moderator has specially on Avsim with so much traffic going in and out.But I have to be honest and say a seperate FSX forum would be nice. The FS9 does tend to get drowned like in the ScreenShots forum where its jammed with requests for certain airports in FSX.Im not a sorry mountain-goat whose against everyone feeling excited for FSX...Im excited! But it would be nice to filter them and have them in one place.Avsims call in the end but thats just my view :)

Hi all,Not sure I have an opinion either way on this. I mean, I enjoy reading about FSX, but still fly FS9. (and the demo a little)With the release coming sometime next month, those that retain FS9 will undoubtedly have to use the search feature for specifics.We've waited quite a while for a new release, and now that it is so close, the management here chose a course of action they felt would best represent the community.(although it is their site, and they get to choose, don't forget)BTW - Don't forget the conference is this weekend, so that may be why there is not a more reasoned response from them. Although they did state their reasons previously I think.As stated, there is a tips section, but with a new product comes change.It is always good to vent so Mgmt knows how you feel, but surely one can adjust, even if you don't agree with the decision.I just file it under things you can't control, and now I'm off to go flying.Maybe that is the answer.When you get frustrated, go fly a flight in your fully functional FS9, or if you haven't already, go grab the demo of FSX, and do a little island hopping.Because as was stated by many, once FSX is on the shelves, this forum will be inundated with FSX questions, problems, (perceived or real), as well as your general I don't like this, or why didn't they fix this remarks.And then you will have to use the search feature here to find a FS9 thread.I'm off to go flying.CYA.Joe

CryptoSonar on Twitch & YouTube.