Sign in to follow this  
siggy

What we want to know

Would it be useful having a thread that lists an open Q&(A), a list of questions that are not yet answered, where Microsoft/Asobo could pick some that they can answer and want to answer (at that time), perhaps in those dull weeks where we don't get a lot of new information?

A few examples could be (I apologize if I picked some that have already been answered):

• Can we fly across the poles?
  • Can we use time acceleration, if yes, what is the maximum factor?
    (The new flight model calculations with the > 1000 surfaces may require more time, limiting the possible time acceleration)
  • Can we use online weather and offline scenery?
  • Can weather situations be saved?
  • Can weather situations be created manually and imported/exported (so they could be shared)?
  • Are solar eclipses implemented? 🙂
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Siggy Schwarz

I like the last one, Siggy.....but that would require some seriously accurate position calculations (and rendered disk sizes) for the Earth, Moon and Sun. The Moon image that I see in P3Dv4 at the moment looks twice as big as the Sun!! :ohmy:

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Good idea, we've seen a lot of thinks in the last Weather episode, but there is still questions.

- Can we have sand storm, in some areas ?

- can we have specials events like Volcano eruption, fire smoke ?

- Can we have hail and snow (not only on the ground but also on the air) ?

- Can we have sea ice (or river ice) changing with seasons ?

and for sade joke, can we have oil slick (it's happend) ?

Edited by Marcoh

1 hour ago, Christopher Low said:

I like the last one, Siggy.....but that would require some seriously accurate position calculations (and rendered disk sizes) for the Earth, Moon and Sun. The Moon image that I see in P3Dv4 at the moment looks twice as big as the Sun!! :ohmy:

Due to their sizes and distances from earth the moon and the sun do look about the same size (exactly why eclipses are "a thing"...):

https://earthsky.org/space/coincidence-that-sun-and-moon-seem-same-size

Also, depending on how high/low on the horizon the moon is, it actually does appear larger through MAGIC! 😄

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moon_illusion

• Upvote 1

I have one more:

• Does it NOT rain inside hangars when it is raining outside?
    (I know, this is not important, but would be nice)

Siggy Schwarz

20 minutes ago, siggy said:

I have one more:

• Does it NOT rain inside hangars when it is raining outside?
    (I know, this is not important, but would be nice)

I think the first question would be : Will we have hangars, like we saw in the trailer?

• How much development will be put into having more areas with photogrammetry and will this be ongoing process?
  • Where photogrammetry does not exist how much development will be put into custom 3D models or textures?
  • What area of future development/expansion do you expect 3rD party products will be most in demand? 
  • Do you intend to implement DX12 before full release or after? If after will it be a standalone patch or part of an upgrade package with new features?
  • Will we also have Vulkan as an API or just DX11/12?
  • How frequently can we expect official development updates beyond bug fixes?
  • Do you intend to have functioning railway lines as with road and sea traffic?
  • Is the remaining photo/ortho scenery being cleaned up by AI or manually (as in eliminating flat cars, buildings and other artefacts)
  • Do you expect further improvements in the AI algorithms that builds the autogen and how quickly is this progressing?
  • How many aircraft do you expect we will have at release?
  • How many cities modelled to the levels of New York and Seattle can we expect out of the box?

The last  important question related to weather that we all are anxious to know the answer to is do the wheels and fuselage get dirty with splashed mud when landing on a bush dirt strip ?

• Like 3

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Good topic, hopefully Microsoft or interviewers can do something with these questions further along the road... I've got a few to add:

• Will there be a working weather radar in at least one of the default aircraft?
  • Will there be actual waves (not just shader waves) and if so, will they affect water planes and boats?
  • Will there be an aircraft with working windshield wipers and will they affect the rain on the windshield?
  • Can the windows get foggy (is this the right English word?) due to wrong air conditioner settings (I mean they've also showed icing)?
  • Can your aircraft get struck by lightning and might it cause failures? 
  • Can you blow your tires because of a hard landing?
  • Is structural damage due to stress still simulated? If so, please tell us that it won't instantly stop the sim... 
  • Can icing occur on the ground and will there be de-icing facilities on some airports? 
  • Will there be wake turbulence from other aircraft?
  • Can you launch that small Cessna behind you by pushing your Boeing 777's throttles to the max? (just kidding) 
Edited by Raymond.Groenendijk
Added some more
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mgard78 said:

Due to their sizes and distances from earth the moon and the sun do look about the same size (exactly why eclipses are "a thing"...):

https://earthsky.org/space/coincidence-that-sun-and-moon-seem-same-size

Also, depending on how high/low on the horizon the moon is, it actually does appear larger through MAGIC! 😄

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moon_illusion

This is why I made my comment about the Moon looking twice the size of the Sun in P3Dv4 on my PC. I have studied solar eclipses in my time, so I know a fair bit about them. I was fortunate enough to be in the path of totality for the 1999 August 11 eclipse, but unfortunately the sky was completely covered with cloud! The rapid onset of darkness was awesome though :cool:

I wanted to see the 2017 August 21 total solar eclipse in the USA, but I never got the chance. I would love to see the next one in the USA (2024 April 8).

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

• Is it 64 bit (has this already been answered
  • is or will HDR be implemented 
  • any quality control or help for 3PDs to optimise their add-ons so they don’t bring the sim to its knees
  • will there be avatars and if so can we dress them up
  • how will your rat obsession manifest itself in this game
  • Upvote 1

• Will there be helicopters in the initial release?
  • If they won't be in the initial release, then what is the road map for helicopters?
  • Will a full complement of dedicated helicopter flight dynamics be included in the default flight model, or will it have to be supplemented by 3rd parties?
  • Does the default scenery include helipads?
  • Upvote 2

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

1 hour ago, Paraffin said:
  • Will there be helicopters in the initial release?
  • If they won't be in the initial release, then what is the road map for helicopters?
  • Will a full complement of dedicated helicopter flight dynamics be included in the default flight model, or will it have to be supplemented by 3rd parties?
  • Does the default scenery include helipads?

They already said helicopters won't arrive in the first version because they want to make them right and it takes time. They also said they can identify helipads with Azure, but i assume implementing them now without helicopters doesn't make much sense

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

Problem with this topic is that a lot have been answered. Isn’t there a topic called “what we know”? Maybe that should be required reading. 

For example, of course it will be 64 bit. They’ve already said it’s going to be DX11. Why would an MS product use Vulkan? They’ve already said no detailed damage modeling. 

Edited by carbonbasedlifeform
Damage