Sign in to follow this  
alternatelaw2

LIDO EZY Format - Help Needed

I have decided that I would like to switch to the LIDO EZY specific OFP format on simbrief to change things up a little. I was hoping that you could help me to decipher everything highlighted in yellow. For some context: EGCC is my C1 alternate for this test flight. When replying, reference the number above the image (not the OFP page number) and then the queried data.

As always, any help is appreciated.

1.thumb.PNG.0b2bc430133046e3d4fadcbfcba2fe7e.PNG

2.thumb.PNG.46259d242522e545d08ec695c2ac4b5f.PNG

3.thumb.PNG.36abfa21cbc31a7ab3afe343e9de11f4.PNG

4.thumb.PNG.ce0168dc3aad7b182929ccfd02dd2092.PNG

5.thumb.PNG.269b86afebc65a63ac460551fe48c7a9.PNG

ULD is underload. In this case, it appears to be the difference between your maximum zero fuel weight (58.500) and the actual zero fuel weight (55,720). That's all I got.

• Like 1

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

I don't fly for EZY so this is just a guess based on the kind of info we have on our flight plans. I'm making it up a little bit so don't take this as gospel but this is what it looks like to me...

The +0.00 EGSS...
I suspect that's the time offset from GMT for your departure and arrival airport, obviously with the IATA and ICAO code.

ULD is the Underload as Kevin said, it's an indication of how much extra payload you can take until you start busting a limit, not just ZFW (although that's what it is in this case) it would probably check all the other weights (MTOW, MLW, maybe even a perf limit) as well.

No idea what SR or CNR is.

FOD is probably fuel on departure and is the minimum you can take off with (i.e. trip fuel and min reserves). Handy info for long taxi delays.

On our plans we have an ETA (estimated time of arrival), RTA (revised time of arrival) and ATA (actual time of arrival) for each waypoint. The RTO (Revised Time On?) may be something related to that. ETA is normally what you calculate for each waypoint when you do your first fuel check, while RTA is a revised time as you get closer (e.g. when it's the next waypoint) and ATA, fairly obviously, when you actually pass over the waypoint.

The TWC probably is tailwind component and along with XWC (crosswind component) it's giving you the wind details for the alternate runways (on the left of the page) so you can check it's within limits. That section is all about the alternate airports so it's giving you info about whether they are appropriate and/or sensible alternates to use.

The Weather column looks like our ETOPS info suggesting it's the minimum RVR/vis (on the left) for the runway with the actual RVR/vis on the right. However, to the left of it is a column marked Minima suggesting it's not. RVR/Vis and cloudbase?

The diff figures just look like the difference from the C1 alternate, i.e. Prestwick is 21 mins and 836Kg fuel less than Manchester.

These are all educated guesses so if someone comes along and knows for sure then believe them over anything I've said, especially if they fly for EZY but this would be my guess.

If you ever find out, post back here, I'd be interested to know...

HTH

Ian

• Like 1

Thank you for both of your responses. I really appreciate it.

To help me translate the EZY format, I also published a the flightplan in classic LIDO format at the same time. To @iwebber here are my findings based on what you have suggested:

8 hours ago, iwebber said:

FOD is probably fuel on departure and is the minimum you can take off with (i.e. trip fuel and min reserves). Handy info for long taxi delays.

The numbers show that it is likely TRIP + FINRES = (3.332)

However, to the left of it is a column marked Minima suggesting it's not. RVR/Vis and cloudbase?

This appears to be the more appropriate deduction. I checked the TAFs for all of the aerodromes and the figure on the left appeared to be the lowest possible forecasted cloud base. The number on the right was the worst forecasted visibility for the appropriate arrival times.

EGCC/MAN  MANCHESTER  SA  061850  AUTO VRB02KT 9999 BKN013 OVC034 06/05 Q0998 TEMPO              SCT013  FT  061659  0618/0724 08005KT 9999 SCT030              TEMPO 0618/0702 8000 -RA BKN012              PROB40              TEMPO 0618/0702 BKN008              TEMPO 0702/0715 4000 RA BKN008              TEMPO 0715/0724 8000 -RA BKN012              PROB40              TEMPO 0715/0724 4000 RA BKN008

The diff figures just look like the difference from the C1 alternate, i.e. Prestwick is 21 mins and 836Kg fuel less than Manchester.

This would appear to be correct too based on the LIDO plan

Based on these findings I must say that I really like the EZY format. The alternate page and weather page is really nice.

• Like 1

@iwebber @Captain Kevin

Somebody also responded to my question on another forum and these are the extras that they got:

1c. The waypoint at which you will have the highest shear value along your route, in this case TNT. SimBrief defines shear as: "Higher values of this number indicate an increased risk of Clear Air Turbulence". It's essentially a representation of how much the wind varies per 1000ft of altitude at a given waypoint.

2a. CNR = Company Normal Reserves. Essentially FINRES (Final Reserve) + ALTN fuel, i.e. the lowest amount of fuel you should legally have over your destination before diverting. This value is always rounded up, so if FINRES + ALTN = 2801 (as it does in this case), it's still rounded up to 2.9.

2b. FOD = Fuel over destination. i.e. the planned FOB on landing.

5a. SR = Shear value over each waypoint (see 1c above).

Edited by alternatelaw2
  • Like 2