Sign in to follow this  
seamaster55

Possible music theme for FS 2020

As this new flight sim has a sublime visual character to it, and seems to be of a high quality, I thought it should be deserving of a nice, thoughtful music theme. (if one will be added to it by Microsoft/Asobo?)

The composer Ludovico Einaudi creates some really lovely sublime music, and, I would think could be of a fitting type, and character to go with this aerially scenic game/sim?

Having listened to this playlist on youtube: 

While watching this 4k footage of Microsoft Flight Simulator......I think it matches pretty well, what do you think?......

Edited by seamaster55

1. I had no idea that Larry David could play the piano.

2. I think that the Theme for MSFS 2020 should be the same music they used in FSX. I like nostalgia and its basically the same program with a couple of updated modules.:ph34r:

There's music in flightsims?  That's the first thing I'm doing in any sim; Deleting the music folder.

Concerning Ludovico Enaudi, this would be a nice easteregg in the new sim....

Edited by FDEdev

Good music is no music. First thing I disable in almost any game.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

I assume you are talking about like theme background music for while being in the GUI correct? While I think it’s not really necessary or an important feature, if some like it, why not include it but have it disabled by default with a speaker symbol showing it is off and once it is turned on it stays on until the setting is turned off.

It’s nice to have the option of having it on or off. 

Edited by Joachim

Joachim (Joe)

3 hours ago, domkle said:

Good music is no music. First thing I disable in almost any game.

Well everyone's different. For me at least, a good soundtrack can add mountains to an already amazing game. Same goes for flight sim but due to the genre it's an optional and really only applies to the launch menu.

P3Dv4 + XP11

MFS

44 minutes ago, suncoastflyer said:

The only game that I know where music has a purpose is the Long Dark as it gives you hints. I generally also keeps the launch music of the Fallout series. I don't mind some music anywhere in FS20 if I can kill it. 

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

I think users should also be allowed the option to choose their own. I certainly did so for FSX.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

This product will most likely work with the XBox Game Bar (WIN + G) that should also give you different media options.

Joachim (Joe)

47 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

I think users should also be allowed the option to choose their own. I certainly did so for FSX.

It'd be cool if they let you connect to your iTunes or amazon music, etc. and then be able to play playlists not just at the menu, but in the plane. 

I listen to music all the time while I'm flying in real life. 

• Like 1

Here is a reenactment of my first FSX experience:

🤢🤮

Edited by Avidean

I always disable any music playing in the actual game, but I definitely like it on the menu screens. On flight sims I tend to fire up the old Spotify on longer sessions.