Sign in to follow this  
flytriman

Ant's Airplanes De Havilland Tiger Moth Pro

Just purchased subject aircraft (1st one from Anthony) and it is great.  Lots of animation, ground crew and pilot voices and lots of customizing possible...and the price is great at $17.  This model really caused a WOW.  Check it out at https://www.antsairplanes.com/tigermothpro.html 

Now my question...1st aircraft with this type of compass (WW1 style) and I can't figure out how to read it.  Doesn't seem to rotate as the aircraft changes headings.  Hope someone can tell me how it operates.

Thanks

• Upvote 1

Garry Lundberg

1. I seem to remember that you rotate the bezel so your required heading is at the top and fly so that the needle is always pointing north ie between the two parallel lines .It's a bit counter-intuitive but works. Not all developers model the P4 (?) compass correctly though. It takes some practice to master it.

Rob Jones.

Indeed yes. Its a marvelous little bird and when you see that you get 5 times the quality for the fifth part of the price of some other devs that offer flying hd texture sets only 😉

Its a P8 compass following the inline docs. Just open the pilots handbook with shift-3 and go to "Description" tab and then to "Instruments". On page 10 of 21 you will get the info about how to use it properly. You will see the grid ring only on the first sight, the rotatable compass is below and hard to see if you don't know what to look for...

Cheers

T.

Thanks guys...forgot about the descriptions in the pilots handbook.  That explains it so will give it a try.

Garry Lundberg

If anyone has the previous freeware Ant's Tiger Moth and thinks that is good (which it is) then they will be delighted with the Pro version. There was always a 'freeware' feel to the old one. The new one is what I'd hoped it  would be. And such value!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

I was so impressed with both the quality and value of this that I was about to post a thread over on the Hangar chat forum but then I discovered one had already started here. This really is a classic simulation of a classic old aircraft and Ant IMO has moved towards the upper ranks of GA aircraft developers with this aircraft. It also comes with a useful and somewhat innovative interactive pilots handbook which not only contains all the information you require to fly it but also enables you to select and set various parameters. Ant has also managed a very good replication of the somewhat iconic Gypsy Major engine sound but this would have been complete if he had only managed to include the backfiring which was so characteristic of this engine on throttling back. However this very minor criticism should not detract in any way from this great aircraft. An added bonus for any users of 32-bit platforms is the very low VAS footprint. It also comes somewhat curiously with a 2D pop-up window containing modern radios and a default FSX autopilot which is a little unusual in an aircraft like this but may be useful I guess at times! Highly recommended if you like classic old aircraft and low and slow flying!

Bill

Edited by scianoir

I've most of Ant's planes and find them to be jewels that imho he sells for too cheap.

Af first because of the low prices I thought they might be below par, but after downloading and installing the T28A (Demo) I went out and bought with confidence of quality.

I'd say, in the pecking order there are A2A then there are Ant's aeroplanes. Different to A2A but just as immersive.

I made a short vid of the Tiger Moth Pro takeoff and land @ Catalina Island airport.

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/563221-ants-new-tiger-moth-pro-catalina-island-airport/

Cheers

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D