Sign in to follow this  
JonathanDom

Carenado C152 VS Just Flight 152

Hello everyone!!

I would like to read your opinion.

Im about to start my flying lessons to get my PPL, and i would like to know in your opinion (talking about the Carenado C152 OR Just Flight C152), wich one its better, or wich one would you recommend me ?

I´ve search in the forum but dont find anything.

I read a review of the JF C152 but it was for X-PLANE, and im into FSX.

I bought the carenado version , but dont realize there were another option in the market.  I try the demo version of the JF , but its only for 10 min. and im still dont sure wich one its better for "trainning".

Thanks so much for youre reply!! 

Happy Landings!

Jonathan Dominguez 

Hi Jonathan,

there is a full review on the Justflights version on Mutleys Hangar. The Carenado version is quite a few years old and the Company is not known for good FDEs or system depth. Nice birds for a quick flight but I would check out the Justflights version for sure if you want something closer to the real one. Especially on the smaller GA with their inhouse dev team they offer quite good renditions.

http://www.mutleyshangar.com/reviews/mg/bs-c152/bs-c152.htm

Cheers

T.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Torsen said:

The Carenado version is quite a few years old and the Company is not known for good FDEs...

The Carenado 152 is at least 10 years old and agreed, back then their FDEs weren't good, but they improved a lot and are actually very good since their C337 around 8 years ago.

Edited by FDEdev
  • Like 2

The JF 152 is a great airplane and i'd recommend over the Carenado 152, which clearly shows its age by now compared to the JF 152 model.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, JonathanDom said:

I read a review of the JF C152 but it was for X-PLANE, and im into FSX.

Here's a review done by AVSIM - https://www.avsim.com/pages/1108/Carenado/152.htm.

The Carenado C152 must have been updated as it is shown as being compatible with FSX/P3D and know P3D did not exist back in 2008.  FSX-SE too.  So, if anyone has the old version, you may have an update in your account.

• Like 1

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Another vote here for the Just Flight 152. It is about as close as you can get to a ‘study level’ 152 and definitely ahead of the Carenado version in this regard. I also have the Carenado 152 and its not bad but if you want a 152 as an aid to your PPL training then I would go with Just Flight.

Bill

• Like 1

On 11/7/2019 at 3:16 AM, Torsen said:

Hi Jonathan,

there is a full review on the Justflights version on Mutleys Hangar. The Carenado version is quite a few years old and the Company is not known for good FDEs or system depth. Nice birds for a quick flight but I would check out the Justflights version for sure if you want something closer to the real one. Especially on the smaller GA with their inhouse dev team they offer quite good renditions.

http://www.mutleyshangar.com/reviews/mg/bs-c152/bs-c152.htm

Cheers

T.

Torsen, thank you so much for your opinion! 

youre right about the FDE, you can really feel the difference when you try o land the JF152!

Thanks T!

On 11/7/2019 at 4:33 AM, FDEdev said:

The Carenado 152 is at least 10 years old and agreed, back then their FDEs weren't good, but they improved a lot and are actually very good since their C337 around 8 years ago.

Thanks!! 

On 11/7/2019 at 10:01 AM, Jim Young said:

Here's a review done by AVSIM - https://www.avsim.com/pages/1108/Carenado/152.htm.

The Carenado C152 must have been updated as it is shown as being compatible with FSX/P3D and know P3D did not exist back in 2008.  FSX-SE too.  So, if anyone has the old version, you may have an update in your account.

Thanks for the response  Jim!!

On 11/9/2019 at 5:23 AM, scianoir said:

Another vote here for the Just Flight 152. It is about as close as you can get to a ‘study level’ 152 and definitely ahead of the Carenado version in this regard. I also have the Carenado 152 and its not bad but if you want a 152 as an aid to your PPL training then I would go with Just Flight.

Bill

Thanks Bill!! 

I´ll buy the JF 152, thank you so much!!

On 11/7/2019 at 7:01 AM, Jim Young said:

Hello Jim,

I checked the Carenado C-152 with a fresh download on Friday the 10th.  Internal date code is exactly the same.

Dave