Sign in to follow this  
Banks

Airsimmer A320 - reports from convention attendees?

Thanks for the post Samdim. It would be really cool to see a night and/or dusk shot of the VC whenever you post some more shots. I think that was not very well implemented with the PSS Airbuses and it would be cool to see how it looks with your model. Keep up the excellent work!Alden

I dont know how good the Wilco A320 series is, but seeing its manual i dont have good premonitions.. only 50 pages and a very poor description in general.Waiting for the Airsimmer A320. I hope it will be much better.Bests for you all.Carlos. Leso

>The trnaponder looks a little bit outfashion considering the>other model we can see normally in a A320...You're perfectly right. In the first version we made a "usual" (soon "old-fashioned") Airbus panel, with this old transponder. Then we switched to the LCD new style panel, but I've overlooked this part. Anyway it isn't linked to the panel's logics so far, it will be updated later.Muchas gracias por la correcci

banner_samdim_q400_nrw.png

> Thanks for the night panel shot Samdim> ( http://samdimdesign.free.fr ) ! Looks great.Well, it's certainly a night panel shot. I'd prefer to show more night shots with different kinds of lights, but so far the instruments are not linked to the VC and without them the cockpit doesn't look great at night. The shown overhead panel is too dark because no button or screen is illuminated. Stay tuned.

banner_samdim_q400_nrw.png

I love the new pics of the VC... And I admit I love the LCDs better. I also hope that the 2 MCDUs will be independant... Can't wait !!

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

Ok mates... Wilco A320 Deluxe tested.... oh my good... thats what i heard was truh... the PSS A320 for FS2002 is still lot better... Dynamics..... very bad.. the Wilco A320 fly like a convencional airplane... the major part of the systems (what systems????) are not modelled. Everything is wrong on the wilco pack, of course from my point of view.Please Airsimmer, you are our last hope...Excuse my english please.Bests from LESO (Spain)p.d. Samdim he escrito esta peque

Guest Stefan Bergert

Hmm, I had completly other impressions (have seen the wilco bus at a friend of mine) !-very nice FBW (not perfect, but much ! better than PSS)...and nearly not to stall-FMS and systems much better than PSS, though still a bit standard (I like the new ECAM AP...off, THRUST LEVERS...move etc.)- smooooth displays (and quite sharp)-sounds are IMO better than PSS (with the GPWS update from avsim *g*)Stefan Bergert

Hi Stefan!Nice to meet you!!I had the oportunity to fly a level d A320 sim at CAE in Madrid, Spain.The FWB is other history. Yoy fly with little imputs to the stick. To foloww the FD on a right turn you need only tu push a little bit to the right and maiby you have to give another imput to increase the bank angle in orther to reach the vertical bar... i mean, one imput and a maiby some corrections. The A320 will mantain the position until you push to the left one more time.The wilco a320 is much more a convencional airplane like the b757 instead of a real airbus form my point of view... but im only a flight simmer, not a real pro... :-)))"smooooth displays" ok im agree with you, but the ND is not so good.. datas a bigger than normal and in the arc mode the screen doesnt look like the real one.The PDF (specially on the A318) is not very good implemented.. you can see the sky along the corners of the screen. The MCDU is good enough but one more time it could be better.I think wilco had a very good oportunity giving us finally a very good Airbus product (actually there is no one in the market)but the truh is that we have to wait for Airsimmer and PMDG (this one in three years more or less) if we eant to have a real A320 in our hands.PLease excuse my english... Carlos.

So Carlos you're not waiting for this one??: http://www.airlinerxp.com/This is probably going to be the first release of the 3 and from juding their combined experience as programmers, released screenshots and tech specs i would say THIS is it! Think it will be hard for the others to top this of, -needless to say this is only my specualtions since so little info are available from the others.Best regards,Eirik Alim

>So Carlos you're not waiting for this one??: >http://www.airlinerxp.com/From now.........YES Eirik!... many thx for the info!!!!The best is that the airline xp recreates the old cockpit style while Airsimmer is developing the new one!!! very interesting to have both the airline xp and the airsimmer in the hangar!!!Uahuuu!!!!!Bests Eirik and all.Carlos G-R.

Guest Stefan Bergert

Hi Carlos :-)I totally agree with you on the ND...haven't seen the sky though on the corner of the PFD...anyway, you're right, they had the big chance to give us the 1st real good Airbus.I'm also looking forward to the Airsimmer bus and especially the one from airlinerXP (hope airsimmer will release first, cause otherwise a lot of guys might only get the airlinerXPs bus...it's much more famous among the scene).Stefan

Wow, there are really a lot of A32x's coming out. I hope that somebody uses their existing Airbus platform to put out the 330/340 soon after. It would be so great to have the -500 -600 with full systems and a fully functional MCDU. Unless I'm in the dark, nobody is offering that right now...I've had my money on Airsimmer, but I must admit that the AirlinerXP looks pretty nice. But as we all know, looks are certainly not everything...Speaking of Airsimmer- any new updates out there in Airsimmer land?-Alden