I'm fascinated by this program. It does so much and I am only getting used to it. So, forgive a couple of maybe foolish questions:

In the Flight Report, the aircraft listed at the top is not the aircraft I flew in the flight plan. But, in the logbook entry, the correct aircraft is listed. The aircraft listed in the Flight Report (left side) was the one used for a previous flight.

Also, the performance log records the correct aircraft. What am I doing wrong? 

Secondly,

Life being what it is, I often have to pause for several hours during a flight. The program knows that something is up (or maybe down 😓).  But it does not record the actual flying time, or the total time including the pause.

For example, my last flight was 93 min flying time. The total time including pause would have been over 5 hours. But the time recorded for the flight was 2 hours 33 min.

I'd be grateful for advice.

Thanks!

John

Edited by betelgeuse

Supporter.png

John

Hi John,

22 hours ago, betelgeuse said:

In the Flight Report, the aircraft listed at the top is not the aircraft I flew in the flight plan. But, in the logbook entry, the correct aircraft is listed. The aircraft listed in the Flight Report (left side) was the one used for a previous flight.

Also, the performance log records the correct aircraft. What am I doing wrong? 

The flight report shows the aircraft title and type from the loaded aircraft performance file (whatever you entered there when creating the file). You have to load a matching performance file when changing the aircraft. LNM does not load it automatically. Normally you should see an orange warning message about not matching aircraft types.

22 hours ago, betelgeuse said:

Life being what it is, I often have to pause for several hours during a flight. The program knows that something is up (or maybe down 😓).  But it does not record the actual flying time, or the total time including the pause.

For example, my last flight was 93 min flying time. The total time including pause would have been over 5 hours. But the time recorded for the flight was 2 hours 33 min.

Depends which time. Simulator time or real world time. LNM takes the timestamps from both on takeoff and landing and calculates the flying time by the difference.

Alex