Sign in to follow this  
alfredodd

CS L-1011-II P3Dv4 commands unrecognized

When working with David Herky's scripts I have found certain commands that the MCE doesn't recognize, they seem to be very specific commands of this plane and I don't know for sure why they can be. Examples:

atm mode hydraulic pumps off
ac essential bus power to auto
atm mode selector on

Other commands:

apu on the bus
antiskid off

Edited by alfredodd

14 hours ago, alfredodd said:

When working with David Herky's scripts I have found certain commands that the MCE doesn't recognize, they seem to be very specific commands of this plane and I don't know for sure why they can be. Examples:

Some, might be custom commands he made.

atm mode hydraulic pumps off  (Replace with command "hydraulic atm set to off" or "hydraulic atm switch off"
ac essential bus power to auto (Not sure what this does). Simply remove it.
atm mode selector on  (Replace with "hydraulic atm switch on")

Other commands:

apu on the bus (Maybe a custom command he created to get the apu gen connected. Edit the command and type "connect apu generator" instead
antiskid off (Couldn't replicate), make sure there is no typo if you edited the command.

Replies embedded.

Thanks a lot.

I found the "hydraulic atm" command in L-1011 specific document but in docs, where is "connect apu generator"? in "Electrical commands" not....

I love this program and I don't want to be rude but I'm having a hard time understanding it because I think the documentation is a bit obsolete. 
In voxscript I'm using the trial and error method to search for commands and it's frustrating. If I didn't have David's scripts to guide me I think it would be impossible for me.

What am I doing wrong? 

TIA

2 hours ago, alfredodd said:

Thanks a lot.

I found the "hydraulic atm" command in L-1011 specific document but in docs, where is "connect apu generator"? in "Electrical commands" not....

I love this program and I don't want to be rude but I'm having a hard time understanding it because I think the documentation is a bit obsolete. 
In voxscript I'm using the trial and error method to search for commands and it's frustrating. If I didn't have David's scripts to guide me I think it would be impossible for me.

What am I doing wrong? 

TIA

Good you raised the point.

Agree, documentation will always be a bit out of date, because more commands are added all the time.

Be aware, there are 2 types of docs.

Those listing commands shared by all aircraft, and those specific to a particular supported complex aircraft. That's where you would find commands for atm switches as no other supported aircraft has them. And these would only be enabled when L1011 is detected.

Windows menu Start->All Apps->Multi Crew Experience->L1011 Tristar Commands.

"connect apu generator is just one variation of many. You could use any of these.

connect the apu generators
      connect the apu generator
      connect apu generators
      connect apu generator
      switch on the apu generators
      switch on the apu generator
      switch on apu generators
      switch on apu generator
      switch the apu generators on
      switch the apu generator on
      switch apu generators on
      switch apu generator on
      set the apu generators on
      set the apu generator on
      set apu generators on
      set apu generator on
      turn on the apu generators
      turn on the apu generator
      turn on apu generators
      turn on apu generator
      turn the apu generators on
      turn the apu generator on
      turn apu generators on
      turn apu generator on
      toggle the apu generators on
      toggle the apu generator on
      toggle apu generators on
      toggle apu generator on
      apu generators toggle on
      apu generator toggle on
      apu generators select on
      apu generator select on
      apu generators switch on
      apu generator switch on
      apu generators set on
      apu generator set on
      apu generators turn on
      apu generator turn on
      apu generators connect
      apu generator connect
      apu generators on
      apu generator on

😎😋

And if these don't provide enough flexibility, you can teach co-pilot to understand your own speech. Le't say you want to throw in a bit of Spanish talk and  ask F/E to connect apu gen using something like

conectay el generadoor day apu

or any other speech command you want that doesn't even need to mention the words apu and generator.

Just write it the way it would sound using English phonemes, even if it doesn't mean anything in any language

You could do that as follows.

Go to <Command> tab in MCE user interface and click <Voxscript>

In "Voxscript Overview" panel, click <New> button and type your custom command above.

New command will be listed.

Normally, main purpose for Voxscript is to make a flow with many commands added to it.

In this case, you're using Voxscript as a Translator. 

Select the newly created flow and click <Edit> button.

In "Script properties" panel, enable option "Verbose" so you can hear FO reply, then click <Edit script commands>.

Now just need to add a single built-in command FO is trained to react to. "apu generator on" or any of those dozens listed above.

Do not forget to save the aliased command. That's it, you now have a flight engineer and Fo who understand that specific request made in in Spanish.

That custom command can also be added to another flow. That;s how David had a few custom ones thrown in.

It's our job to provide the necessary speech flexibility that would make this software fun to use. I mean no robotic speech recognition, with just one single trigger sentence you need to look up in the manual. the Tristar is a bit more challenging because it got many complex systems with some switches rarely found on other planes.

Even me had to look up the doc for verbiage regarding atm switches.

In general, we don't expect users to read tons of manuals. You need to be familiar with the aircraft though.

If you come across a situation where you speak a command that doesn't seem to get a reaction and you think it should be built-in, just notify us.

Ok, I understand...but, for example, in L1011 you have the AC ESS BUS POWER SELECTOR. I tried several options without result...

Maybe, to make things easy, you could study to make a "command assistant"...let me explain: put all commands in a ddbb and make two filters, one select for aircraft or general, and a box to write the keyword, the assistant could generate the more basic command for the keyword if exists....
For example: Selecting the L1011 acft and the word "atm", the assistant could give the command "hydraulic atm" among others if are relevant, the rest of the command is on my own (use "switch on", "set on", etc.....), but at least I know that the FO will respond to "hydraulic atm". Maybe could be something to put in Tools folder...
With the AC ESS BUS POWER SELECTOR (is a rotary ), maybe only writing ESS will be possible to find the command, now the option is trial and error: write "ac ess bus select three", hit test, error, delete, "ac ess bus switch on", hit test, error, delete, "ac set on", hit test, error, delete.....and so on......

1 hour ago, alfredodd said:

in L1011 you have the AC ESS BUS POWER SELECTOR. I tried several options without result...

That command isn't part of the built-in ones. Only David knows what it was intended for. Maybe a Voxkey created custom command.

Maybe he meant the command to select DC voltmeter to  ESS TR (essential transformer rectifier)

Replace command with "dc voltmeter to essential tr".

Thanks for the suggestion.

The AC ESS BUS SELECTOR is this:

ZKltr4Z.png

I need to put it in NORMAL, fist position inside the AUTO zone....but I couldn't find the command....

I have the same problem with this:

h5vhGjg.png

To start engines is necessary to turn off the "PACK FLOW CONTROL VALVES" but...."pack flow off", "pack flow control off", "pack flow one off", "pack flow left off", and variants are unrecognized....

same with CONTINUOUS IGNITION SWITCH:

N57J70V.png

I am very pleased with MCE. Despite this complications is a great program and I love the sensation to have a "real" copilot. I think it could be addictive....

4 hours ago, alfredodd said:

N57J70V.png

I am very pleased with MCE. Despite this complications is a great program and I love the sensation to have a "real" copilot. I think it could be addictive....

Always nice to hear such feedback. 😋

Spread the word.

Regarding continuous ignition...

This has been spotted a few days back and already fixed in latest uploaded package.

To save you re-installing, download this file , unzip and ensure you repolace "mce.exe" with V2.8.1.1

Other switches will be looked at closely as soon as possible (within a couple of weeks).

On 11/11/2019 at 4:53 PM, alfredodd said:

I have the same problem with this:

h5vhGjg.png

You can use the already built-in commands for packs control

aircon pack one on/off

aircon pack two on/off

aircon pack three on/off

Could make your own command "pack flow control a switch on" and tie it (as explained above) to "aircon pack one on" and also create other ad-hoc commands if you wish

"aircon pack one on/off" is used by David in his script and was the first command I tried, MCE recognizes it but do not work for me, the "pack flow control valve" remains unchanged....maybe something changes in p3dv4 version?

8 hours ago, alfredodd said:

....maybe something changes in p3dv4 version?

That's a possibility.

Meanwhile, a temporary workaround is to add a notification to the flow (use "Notify" button to create it). Something like "Notify=switch airconditioning packs on now" to remind you to do it yourself.

Other switches should be sorted, once you install this package