Sign in to follow this  
rfelger

Check this out, PMDG to MSFS!

737NG3 to be released exclusively for MFS ONLY is very interesting. Huge vote of confidence for the new platform to have such a huge developer onboard in this way.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Checked. Did i get it right that they plan on bringing P3D prices in MSFS?

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

That's what I take from it & the 737 NG3 will have MAX option, this is good news!

UPS123.png

yeah, but you'll have to pay for it most likely since it will come in packages like the 777 200/300 versions.

Anyway, you might want to edit the topic title because it isn't clear like this andddddd... PMDG won't have my money. I hope others airline producers get to MSFS tho.

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

What did I tell you?

The market rules and no matter how dismissive some of these developers were, they are going to go where the money is. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Man, some of the replies at that link are mad because they are basically stopping all new P3Dv4 development (only updates now). I kind of feel bad for them as they obviously had a lot invested in PMDG stuff but this also means PMDG knows 100% what MSFS is going to be and that it's the future. 

Lots of people upset they have to "start over" but I think that's an outdated mindset. P3D may have needed thousands in addons to make it presentable, but the scenery, textures, atmospherics, environment, and weather in MSFS are clearly next-gen and not going to need to be changed out of the box (no doubt, eventually some add-on developer will figure out ways to improve things but that'll be down the road). That's a ton of money saved that people spent on P3D that they won't need to be spent on MSFS. At least not in the first generation of the sim. 

Edited by bonchie
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 6

That is the final nail in the coffin for P3D for me.

Where PMDG goes I'll follow.

• Like 3

Yeah ngl, their forum is blowing up. Quite amusing seeing the complaints. It will probably release on P3D afterwards anyway, considering they had it somewhat working in a screenshot from a while back. But if you're that willing to spend more money on a platform that is being overtaken be my guest. Albeit I was ready to buy NG3 for P3D but that was going to be my last purchase until I see how Flight Simulator handles itself.

P3Dv4 + XP11

MFS

Great news and thats a strong vote of confidence from PMDG. They must already have SDKs and Alpha build. Ditching pretty much everything and focusing entirely on FS2020 tells you that they strongly believe in this sim. FS2020 is the future. I am quite sure more 3PD will follow suit soon enough. Also whats not so surprising is that they wont be developing anything for Xplane in the foreseeable future.

• Upvote 2

Baber

My Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/HDOnlive

7 minutes ago, suncoastflyer said:

Yeah ngl, their forum is blowing up. Quite amusing seeing the complaints. It will probably release on P3D afterwards anyway, considering they had it somewhat working in a screenshot from a while back. But if you're that willing to spend more money on a platform that is being overtaken be my guest. Albeit I was ready to buy NG3 for P3D but that was going to be my last purchase until I see how Flight Simulator handles itself.

They also had the Jetstream 41 just about working and that seems to have been pulled.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

It's movement is completely understandable.

P3D comes from FSX, and a lot of changes will be necessary if LM want to approach to what MSFS is expected to be (and considering LM never considered sim fans as their main customer, I doubt it will happen).

And XP... well, we have ZIBO who is making an excellent job with the 737 (maybe not PMDG quality, but completely free). And the sim itself has a lot of issues (clouds, clouds shadows, global illumination, repetitive scenery, no seasons an so on). 

So if MSFS is more attractive for the customers, the logical option is to switch their platform.

Another topic is their pricing policy. There is were us the customers will decide if we want to pay 100$ for an add on (which in my opinion is absolutely overpriced) or not. But as more 3rd party are in, better for us. Supply and demand rules. 

• Upvote 1

This development is good news because it seems likely that they are partnering with Microsoft and have access to an alpha build and the SDK. Otherwise I doubt they'd be announcing a full move to Microsoft Flight Simulator this early. I'm wondering if we'll see similar announcements from other developers soon...

• Like 3
  • Upvote 5