Sign in to follow this  
rfelger

Check this out, PMDG to MSFS!

The NG3 part was a big surprise to me... Didn't see that coming, but seems fair/a good strategy.

I like many others have spent a lot of money on various sims over the years. Am I concerned that it will be wasted because of MSFS? Absolutely not. I’ve had my monies worth. It owes me nothing. This is brilliant news.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Rich Holding

The Tech Alpha hasn't even been released to the testers yet, much less any SDK...just saying...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

1 minute ago, n4gix said:

The Tech Alpha hasn't even been released to the testers yet, much less any SDK...just saying...

I'm pretty sure these developers have met with MS directly at this point. Noway does PMDG make this decision without any knowledge of the nuts and bolts.

• Like 10
  • Upvote 7

And I will say it again....the P3D's and X-Plane's will fade into the sunset very quickly.  We will continue to see announcements like this from developers as they realize what is happening and what little future is left for the current sims.  Where is the developer (I won't mention names) here in the forums that keeps screaming about how we won't have any add-ons for years after MSFS is released??  In fact, he even mentioned PMDG aircraft specifically in one of his rants very recently....

Edited by Flic1
  • Like 6

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

Just now, bonchie said:

I'm pretty sure these developers have met with MS directly at this point. Noway does PMDG make this decision without any knowledge of the nuts and bolts.

If they did then they are the only ones, which to be frank would be grossly unfair to the other major developers... Being one myself I am frequently in touch with other developers, and we are all still in the dark. :ph34r:

• Like 3

Fr. Bill    

5 minutes ago, n4gix said:

To the public testers, yes.  I wouldn't be at all surprised to learn major third party add-on devs have had SDKs for a little while now, as Microsoft will want them to have stuff ready to go for the sim at launch.

I believe Froogle said in his preview video, that Microsoft confirmed they were actively talking to "all of the third party developers you'd expect" (paraphrased), but that he didn't think he was allowed to actually name them.  Clearly PMDG were one of them, and their forum post makes it clear that they've been holding onto this news for at least a little while.

• Like 3

So I was right about my predictions that we will have a PMDG aircraft on MSFS release, nobody believed me.

• Like 6

It could also simply be blowing smoke... All of the developers I know have been in preliminary contact with MS/ASOBO, that much is true. Beyond that however, nothing else has transpired to my certain knowledge. :unsure:

Fr. Bill    

Reading through the comments, I'm chuckling at the people pleading with them to change course because THEY have spent a bunch of money on P3D .v4 haha.  A lot of people fearing the potential impeding obsolescence of their chosen flight sim in the wake of MSFS, it seems.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, n4gix said:

It could also simply be blowing smoke... All of the developers I know have been in preliminary contact with MS/ASOBO, that much is true. Beyond that however, nothing else has transpired to my certain knowledge. :unsure:

I can't imagine a company like PMDG would be making a radical shift like this based on preliminary contact.  At minimum, they've probably got access to an early alpha build of the sim, and were as blown away as the people at that preview event.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Scottoest said:

I can't imagine a company like PMDG would be making a radical shift like this based on preliminary contact. 

Well, that could well be. If true however, as I stated earlier such exclusivity would be grossly unfair to the rest of us developers.

• Like 1

Fr. Bill    

Dozens of dollars I'll save!

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - Prepar3D 5.4 and MSFS