Sign in to follow this  
rfelger

Check this out, PMDG to MSFS!

40 minutes ago, n4gix said:

If they did then they are the only ones, which to be frank would be grossly unfair to the other major developers... Being one myself I am frequently in touch with other developers, and we are all still in the dark. :ph34r:

Who says business is fair?

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

19 minutes ago, n4gix said:

Well, that could well be. If true however, as I stated earlier such exclusivity would be grossly unfair to the rest of us developers.

I agree, but I would add that Pacific Island Simulations (who certainly are not a mega business either) already stated they will only develop for MFS after release of their Hiroshima airport for P3D4:.

https://www.facebook.com/islandsim/posts/2367222820192720

I think others will follow soon. And I am convinced they have a preliminary SDK, no serious developers will switch to another sim just because of a few pretty pix.

There's another conclusion: Obvisouly Lockeed Martin either doesn't have anything competitive in the pipeline or they keep it closed even against their former partners.

I confess I am pretty perplexed by this development.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

I think I'll coin a new acronym: FUDS. (Fear, Uncertainty, Doubt and Speculation).

Patience really IS a virtue. :rolleyes:

MSI Pro Z690-A DDR4 | i5 13600KF | G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3600MHz | ASUS TUF RTX 3080 (12GB) | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 1TB | Samsung 850EVO 500GB | 2TB Seagate HDD | Deepcool AK500 CPU Cooler | Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS | CH Yoke | Win 11 22H2 build | MSFS2020 |

Tony K.

I think the great takeaway from this is that MSFS is the real deal to replace P3D and all the subsystems that go with it for us academic users. Its exciting.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, pmb said:

There's another conclusion: Obvisouly Lockeed Martin either doesn't have anything competitive in the pipeline or they keep it closed even against their former partners.

I confess I am pretty perplexed by this development.

LM was never competing with MS. They bought the commercial license to continue supporting a product MS was done with. 

Apples and oranges.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Carts85 said:

737NG3 to be released exclusively for MFS ONLY is very interesting. Huge vote of confidence for the new platform to have such a huge developer onboard in this way.

False alarm! They've made a second press release and appears the NGXu for P3Dv4 is already available to purchase!?

"Upon release of the PMDG 737NGXu Base Package, we will offer, for a limited time, that purchasers of the new PMDG 737NGXu for Prepar3D will receive 100% credit on their purchase toward the purchase of PMDG 737NG3 for Microsoft Flight Simulator when that product releases sometime next year... We are currently evaluating release of the expansion package to cover our simulation of 737MAX. This is a complex topic that we will not address at this time." https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-forum/general-discussion-news-and-announcements/25766-08nov19-announcing-pmdg-737ngxu-for-prepar3d-v4

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

Thank goodness PMDG is supporting FS2020! 

I've purchased at least $1,500 worth of PMDG products over the years (FSX and P3D) and I'm happy to buy the 747,777,737 for a third time!

I'll think they'll have the 737NG3 ready upon release of FS2020.

It's going to be amazing to flying PMDG in FS2020 (from day one).

Matthew S

2 hours ago, n4gix said:

If they did then they are the only ones, which to be frank would be grossly unfair to the other major developers... Being one myself I am frequently in touch with other developers, and we are all still in the dark. :ph34r:

So true. 

• Upvote 1

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

2 hours ago, n4gix said:

Well, that could well be. If true however, as I stated earlier such exclusivity would be grossly unfair to the rest of us developers.

Fair or not, would anyone really be stunned if it were true?

• Like 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Maybe they are just working with one developer at a time? I mean they are still busy developing the simulator and preparing the alpha tests while updating us on their progress. Sending out the SDK to all developers and receiving questions, feedback and criticism from all of them at once would be a daunting task.

2 hours ago, n4gix said:

Bill,

It could be they've just seen enough to make a general market based decision at this point.  I think it just assumed at this point, that if there is any show stoppers with the new sim, they aren't committed anyways.  

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

1 hour ago, carbonbasedlifeform said:

LM was never competing with MS. They bought the commercial license to continue supporting a product MS was done with. 

Apples and oranges.

That's the theory which I know well enough. Practise is different, though. How can Randazzo promise a later upgrade from Prepar3d4 to MFS? Prepar3d4 doesn't allow entertainment use while MFS is clearly marketed for enternainment? There shouldn't be any overlapping user base.

Kind regards, Michael

Edited by pmb

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

15 minutes ago, pmb said:

How can Randazzo promise a later upgrade from Prepar3d4 to MFS? Prepar3d4 doesn't allow entertainment use while MFS is clearly marketed for enternainment? There shouldn't be any overlapping user base.

He doesn't. It's not an upgrade as it's an entirely different product.
His firm is giving anyone with proof of purchase of the new NGXu the equivalent of a discount / money-off voucher for the NG3 in MSFS.
Cross-selling like this is not unheard of in other industries.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

This will be the first of many..

The big dog is BACK with what looks to be the coup de grâce of Flight Sims and the smart money will get onboard, whole hog, as soon as possible.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3