Sign in to follow this  
rfelger

Check this out, PMDG to MSFS!

1 hour ago, pmb said:

That's the theory which I know well enough. Practise is different, though. How can Randazzo promise a later upgrade from Prepar3d4 to MFS? Prepar3d4 doesn't allow entertainment use while MFS is clearly marketed for enternainment? There shouldn't be any overlapping user base.

Kind regards, Michael

Easy, lm licences has nothing to do with third party aircraft or other developers license agreements. if that were the case I think MS wouldn't allow other browsers installed on windows 

3 hours ago, n4gix said:

Well, that could well be. If true however, as I stated earlier such exclusivity would be grossly unfair to the rest of us developers.

it could be that there is some sort of understanding/agreement between MS/Asobo and PMDG to have early access to things in return of one good quality product from PMDG to be released as part of MSFS, my prediction? it could be DC6 or something.

we will just wait and see.

• Like 2

Ali A.

MSFS on PC: I9-13900KS | ASUS ROG STRIX Z790 MB | 32GB DDR5/7200MHz RAM | ASUS TUF RTX4090 OCE | 1TB M.2 Samsung 990 Pro (Windows) +2TB Samsung 990 Pro for MSFS + 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD for DATA | EK-Nucleus AIO CR360 Lux D-RGB CPU cooler.

HP Reverb G2 VR (occasional use) | ASUS ROG Strix XG43UQ 4K monitor | Tobii Eye tracker 5 | Logitech sound system 7.1 | VIRPIL Controls (Joystick + thrust levers + rudder pedals) | Windows 11 Pro.

If I remember rightly, Microsoft said visits to Asobo could be arranged for those with burning unanswered questions. The post above states that the decision to switch direction was made many months back so it's possible they just took up the opportunity to visit the studio directly, without necessarily needing open access to builds and SDKs.

• Upvote 1

Bernard

3 hours ago, n4gix said:

Well, that could well be. If true however, as I stated earlier such exclusivity would be grossly unfair to the rest of us developers.

There's no rule that says they have to reach out to every single dev out there

• Like 1

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

1 hour ago, irrics said:

This will be the first of many..

The big dog is BACK with what looks to be the coup de grâce of Flight Sims and the smart money will get onboard, whole hog, as soon as possible.

Monopolies make me nervous, and Microsoft monopolies most nervous of all.

I would be looking at other platforms, just in case, if I was a developer.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

9 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

Monopolies make me nervous, and Microsoft monopolies most nervous of all.

I would be looking at other platforms, just in case, if I was a developer.

Wouldn't these hypothetical developers already be on those other platforms right now?

Those other FS platforms aren't likely to thrive even more in the wake of this MSFS news and ultimate release to market (in fact, just holding serve may be a challenge on its own)

Sure - diversify if one cares to, but diversifying across platforms with very little in the way of sales is ultimately a dilution on your time and resources that may not even pay for itself, let alone be a money maker.

Edited by irrics
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, irrics said:

Those other FS platforms aren't likely to thrive even more in the wake of this MSFS news and ultimate release to market

I don't know about that. If I was a plane maker, I might be looking sideways at DCS or expanding into X-plane if I had no strong presence there already, or pretty much anything to avoid getting trapped at the mercy of MS's erratic business strategies regarding this genre.

On the other hand, the community kind of grew up with Microsoft sims, and the lure of once again being enclosed in that warm, familiar bosom might be irresistible; for users as well as developers.

Remember the song though: The weasel thought it was all in fun...... 🎵

Let's hope years from now, MS marketing strategy doesn't hiccup and leave us with dead servers, one day.

• Upvote 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

27 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

Let's hope years from now, MS marketing strategy doesn't hiccup and leave us with dead servers, one day.

Who knows. I’m not worried about that far out. 

I’m excited about the near future and what’s being developed and shown right before our eyes!

Super exciting times right now.

This has been the unexpected treat of the year!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, carbonbasedlifeform said:

I hope OrbX announces something soon.

Retirement?

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Specs: 11900K (5ghz), 64GB ram 3600mhz, RTX 3080 ti

29 minutes ago, rocketlaunch said:

Retirement?

Nope!! I think they just have to change their business model, no more OLC, Global or Vector, but more airports or airstrips. I personally can't wait to see their excellent airstrips for PNG launched for MSFS 😊

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

3 hours ago, rocketlaunch said:

Retirement?

No but probably an airport with state of the art feature set where you will actually be able to walk inside terminal buildings.

Edited by Baber20
  • Like 1

Baber

My Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/HDOnlive

52 minutes ago, bernd1151 said:

Nope!! I think they just have to change their business model, no more OLC, Global or Vector, but more airports or airstrips. I personally can't wait to see their excellent airstrips for PNG launched for MSFS 😊

They could also update the cities/towns that are not covered by the photogrammetry data.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Siggy Schwarz

Randazzo has effectively staked his company's reputation and business strategy by announcing a full shift to MFS.  They must have sight of the SDK and see the value in it to do that.  That is quite a positive indicator for us as far as I'm concerned.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, ErichB said:

Randazzo has effectively staked his company's reputation and business strategy by announcing a full shift to MFS.  They must have sight of the SDK and see the value in it to do that.  That is quite a positive indicator for us as far as I'm concerned.

I understand that the sim may have two flight architectures to choose from : a legacy one and the 1000-point one in construction.  The next EP may shed some light  about what PMDG knows.

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam