Sethos

Looks like the PMDG NG3 won't be coming to P3D

https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-forum/general-discussion-news-and-announcements/25608-07nov19-pmdg-product-trajectory-alignment-what-to-expect-in-the-coming-weeks-months-hours-etc

"PMDG 737NG3 Product Realignment: The previously announced PMDG 737NG3 product line is being realigned in order to support the new Microsoft Flight Simulator platform. PMDG 737NG3 will now be released as an MSFS-only product in order to allow us to capitalize on bringing forth the very best that the new simulation platform has to offer without having to saddle the development team with external compatibility concerns.

The PMDG 737NG3 for Microsoft Flight Simulator will include the entire 737NG and MAX product lines in a mix of base package and expansion packages similar to our existing product inventory. The mix of aircraft across these packages will vary from previous offerings. Pricing will be in line with existing product offerings.

We will have lots more information to share on NG3 and the development process, to include a development and release timeline in a future update dedicated to this exciting new product line but we do want to be clear that PMDG 737NG3 is now aligned to be released only in Microsoft Flight Simulator."

8700K Delid @ 5GHz (1:1 Uncore / 0 AVX) | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 @ 3600MHz | MSI 1080 Ti Sea Hawk X | Windows 10 Pro (1909) | Monitors: LG 27UK650 / Acer XB270HU

wow

This is the start of the end for P3D....

So much for people saying no one is working on MSFS!

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 1

David Murden.  P3D v4.5 

FSL A320 A319 : PMDG NG / 747-8F / 777 : QW 787 :  Maddog MD-80 :Q400 :

DCS: AV-8B Harrier: :  F-14B Tomcat  : F-16C Viper F/A-18C Hornet  : Now we're talking!

My FSL Walkthrough PDF From GPU to Parked.     My PMDG NG SpotLight Profile/Mod.

PC 4790k@4.6 : 1070 : 16GB DDR3 RAM : Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS: Thrustmaster TPR.

Lockheed had a good run of it with Prepar3d and so did we. They might hang it up but I doubt it.

This is why it doesn't make sense for users to invest in new P3d4 and XP11 add-ons at this point in time. That is, unless one is independently wealthy.

• Like 5

Jay Bloomfield

This is a massive step by PMDG, No 737NG/MAX for P3d v4, and no more Xplane aircraft at all, If MSFS is as good as it looks the other sims looked doomed in the longer term.

Edited by eaim

I7 4790K, 16GB DDR3 RAM, 500 GB Samsung SSD,Corsair 240 GB SSD,WD 2 TB HDD, Toshiba 4 TB HDD, GTX 1070, Saitek X55, Saitek pedals.

5 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

This is why it doesn't make sense for users to invest in new P3d4 and XP11 add-ons at this point in time. That is, unless one is independently wealthy.

That or if one is the opposite and has already invested a ton over the years and can’t justify spending it all over again. Unfortunately. 

Kyle

pmdg_trijet.jpg

6 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

I think I'll go and buy some new addon airports for P3D right about now.

• Like 1

I'm 299% positive that PMDG got a sweet offer from MS they couldn't resist. Only a couple of days ago we all saw NGX3 at P3D newly issued KIAD. Obviously MS has money to influence the developers and PDMG fell as a first victim of that strategy

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, eaim said:

This is a massive step by PMDG, No 737NG/MAX for P3d v4, and no more Xplane aircraft at all, If MSFS is as good as it looks the other sims looked doomed in the longer term.

Hello Mr. Randazzo

1 minute ago, G-YMML1 said:

I'm 299% positive that PMDG got a sweet offer from MS they couldn't resist. Only a couple of days ago we all saw NGX3 at P3D newly issued KIAD. Obviously MS has money to influence the developers and PDMG fell as a first victim of that strategy

Why not 300%?

|Ryan Butterworth|

| i7 4790K@4.4GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA GTX 1080Ti | ASUS Z97-Pro | 1TB 860 Evo | 500GB 840 Evo Win10 Pro | 1TB Samsung 7200rpm | Seasonic X750W |

Predictable. Let's see now who follows, Orbx? 

Hardware: i9 9900k@ 5Ghz  |  RTX 2080 TI  |  AORUS MASTER  |  58" Panasonic TV

Software: P3Dv4.4  |  AS  |   Orbx LC/TE Southern England  |  Tomatoshade  |  737 NGX | AS A319 | PMDG 747 | TFDI 717 | MJC8 Q400

Gonna be some good black friday sales!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9700k | Maximus XI Hero| 32gb DDR4 3000 | 1080Ti 11GB | 1tb EVO Plus 970 and 500GB M2+3TB HDD | 43" Samsung X60R 4k and 2  22" monitors | Corsair RM750x |  240MM AIO.  Win 10 Home. 

I have been very tight with buying addons for about 4 years now. Prior to that I used to spend about $500 to $600 a year on them. Now I'd say its more like $200. A this point its not a penny until MSFS is released