Sign in to follow this  
Sethos

Looks like the PMDG NG3 won't be coming to P3D

https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-forum/general-discussion-news-and-announcements/25608-07nov19-pmdg-product-trajectory-alignment-what-to-expect-in-the-coming-weeks-months-hours-etc

"PMDG 737NG3 Product Realignment: The previously announced PMDG 737NG3 product line is being realigned in order to support the new Microsoft Flight Simulator platform. PMDG 737NG3 will now be released as an MSFS-only product in order to allow us to capitalize on bringing forth the very best that the new simulation platform has to offer without having to saddle the development team with external compatibility concerns.

The PMDG 737NG3 for Microsoft Flight Simulator will include the entire 737NG and MAX product lines in a mix of base package and expansion packages similar to our existing product inventory. The mix of aircraft across these packages will vary from previous offerings. Pricing will be in line with existing product offerings.

We will have lots more information to share on NG3 and the development process, to include a development and release timeline in a future update dedicated to this exciting new product line but we do want to be clear that PMDG 737NG3 is now aligned to be released only in Microsoft Flight Simulator."

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

wow

This is the start of the end for P3D....

So much for people saying no one is working on MSFS!

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Lockheed had a good run of it with Prepar3d and so did we. They might hang it up but I doubt it.

This is why it doesn't make sense for users to invest in new P3d4 and XP11 add-ons at this point in time. That is, unless one is independently wealthy.

• Like 5

This is a massive step by PMDG, No 737NG/MAX for P3d v4, and no more Xplane aircraft at all, If MSFS is as good as it looks the other sims looked doomed in the longer term.

Edited by eaim

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

5 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

This is why it doesn't make sense for users to invest in new P3d4 and XP11 add-ons at this point in time. That is, unless one is independently wealthy.

That or if one is the opposite and has already invested a ton over the years and can’t justify spending it all over again. Unfortunately. 

/ CPU: Intel i7-9700K @4.9 / RAM: 32GB G.Skill 3200 / GPU: RTX 4080 16GB /

RW Freight Pilot

6 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

I think I'll go and buy some new addon airports for P3D right about now.

• Like 1

I'm 299% positive that PMDG got a sweet offer from MS they couldn't resist. Only a couple of days ago we all saw NGX3 at P3D newly issued KIAD. Obviously MS has money to influence the developers and PDMG fell as a first victim of that strategy

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, eaim said:

This is a massive step by PMDG, No 737NG/MAX for P3d v4, and no more Xplane aircraft at all, If MSFS is as good as it looks the other sims looked doomed in the longer term.

Hello Mr. Randazzo

1 minute ago, G-YMML1 said:

I'm 299% positive that PMDG got a sweet offer from MS they couldn't resist. Only a couple of days ago we all saw NGX3 at P3D newly issued KIAD. Obviously MS has money to influence the developers and PDMG fell as a first victim of that strategy

Why not 300%?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Predictable. Let's see now who follows, Orbx? 

Hardware: i9 9900k@ 5Ghz  |  RTX 2080 TI  |  AORUS MASTER  |  58" Panasonic TV

Software: P3Dv4.4  |  AS  |   Orbx LC/TE Southern England  |  Tomatoshade  |  737 NGX | AS A319 | PMDG 747 | TFDI 717 | MJC8 Q400

Gonna be some good black friday sales!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

I have been very tight with buying addons for about 4 years now. Prior to that I used to spend about $500 to $600 a year on them. Now I'd say its more like $200. A this point its not a penny until MSFS is released