Sign in to follow this  
Sethos

Looks like the PMDG NG3 won't be coming to P3D

Just now, ryanbatcund said:

Why not 300%?

Hey now, he's not that sure

• Upvote 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

What is interesting is what if MS2020 folds up after a short time like Flight and FSW, then what is PMDG going to do, and if MS doesn't see the money quickly rolling in they will drop the new sim like a lead balloon.

Edited by Bobsk8
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 4

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

1 minute ago, Avidean said:

I have been very tight with buying addons for about 4 years now. Prior to that I used to spend about $500 to $600 a year on them. Now I'd say its more like $200. A this point its not a penny until MSFS is released

4 years?? You have missed out.

It is a big shame really, MSFS isn't out for at least another year so they could have easily released for P3Dv4 and had time to convert it for MSFS. They are losing out on a big market share over the next year, surprising, unless they are being paid to do this as suggested above.

Hardware: i9 9900k@ 5Ghz  |  RTX 2080 TI  |  AORUS MASTER  |  58" Panasonic TV

Software: P3Dv4.4  |  AS  |   Orbx LC/TE Southern England  |  Tomatoshade  |  737 NGX | AS A319 | PMDG 747 | TFDI 717 | MJC8 Q400

Maybe they'll price their products for "entertainment" again....

• Like 3
  • Upvote 4

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I hope PMDG is comfortable with not making any money for the rest of the year. Unless they are paid by MS.

6 minutes ago, DellyPilot said:

Predictable. Let's see now who follows, Orbx? 

MSFS 2020 default scenery makes ORBX look like FSX default scenery.

I don't know what ORBX are going to do with themselves

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, DellyPilot said:

Let's see now who follows, Orbx? 

I would find it more likely that ORBX will stay where they are. Because ORBX's regional packages are not needed in MSFS. The POI's are but not the underlying photoreal terrain.

So their MSFS offerings will probably concentrate on airports only.

1 minute ago, Evros said:

Unless they are paid by MS.

Exactly my point. Happy for PMDG (no sarcasm), sad for the simmers. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Evros said:

I hope PMDG is comfortable with not making any money for the next year and some. Unless they are paid by MS.

Dealing with Microsoft is going to be a real experience for the folks at PMDG. My way or the highway won't work for MS. 

• Upvote 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

Moreover,

Assuming a huge number of M&A in the software industry, I'm not ruling out a scenario when PMDG becomes...Microsoft, pretty much in the same manner as Skype did. Why to bother with all these small guys when we can buy them out? Perhaps Mr. Randazzo is thinking about comfortable retirement already? 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Dealing with Microsoft is going to be a real experience for the folks at PMDG. My way or the highway won't work for MS. 

Bob, you are a voice of reason today. My hat if off.

Edited by G-YMML1

They are just planning ahead because their airplanes take long time to develop.. we still need to see when they will finish it and also when MS will be able to release (still waiting for Alpha) lots of variables in play at the moment.

In the meantime I just bought a wonderful add-on (Self Loading Cargo):

PqBPIH9.jpg

It made my flight experience very nice! I missed something like this since FSpassenger stopped development for P3D. I highly recommend it.

All the best,

Simbol

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I still remember when FSX first came out in 2006 and everyone was excited until we figured out you needed a PC from 2014 to actually use it, LOL

With PMDG dropping out of the P3D game, we can kiss P3D goodbye along with any other add-on purchases for now. 

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

I am very, veeeeeeeeeeeeery curios about the pricing they will keep. The whole price increase in P3D was justified by them about P3D being a professional simulator for professional use.

Now they are going back to an entertainment product. And the price?

• Like 1

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

3 minutes ago, TalonMX said:

With PMDG dropping out of the P3D game, we can kiss P3D goodbye

Did you know that there are lots of P3D people who don't own PMDG products and couldn't care less about this company? PMDG is not be-all end-all.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 6